Quarterback Coach

dabrasco

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Until we get more consistent QB play threads like this should be expected.

Expected? I would "expect" nothing less....and certainly nothing more. ?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

IMO, Sullivan and Borges are the only coaches to coach our QB's up and get the best and have them really to play every Saturday.

Agree with these two plus Jimbo during his short career at AU. Only 3 in a 30 year period. Sully helped with achieving multiple SEC championships.  Al and Jimbo were part of two undefeated teams and SEC championships (can't remember if we were co-camps in 93 due to probation).  Of course the QB coach for the last undefeated team in this 30 year period was Gus but he had a once-in-a-lifetime player that helped to achieve the 2010 NC.  AU is not unlike most other teams in that when we have an excellent QB, we have an excellent team.  Can the PTB make it a priority to convince our HC to hire the best QB coach in the market?

On 1/6/2017 at 10:55 AM, cctiger said:

Folks, not gonna happen as long as Gus and the Lash are on the Plains. Gus considers himself and Lash as QB gurus. Gus is probably sitting with Lash in some candle lit room around a waterpipe at this moment with their turbans on chanting and hoping for some vision of what to do next, and anything or anyone outside of their little circle ain't going to happen. Imho.

Sounds like it could be a more effective plan than whatever they did last year

I'm so tired of venting and so tired of Gus.  Never been a fan, I was against his hire, and thought the way the team blew the halftime lead against FSU showed a real lack of coaching savvy playing safe to lose.  I don't think GM should be coaching at AU.  Regardless, what happened to all the rumors that RL would be gone and we would hire K Briles as OC and QB coach?  No way he wouldn't have accepted instead of going to FAU with Kiffen.  Only reason I conclude is that GM wasn't interested in bringing in and relinquishing OC responsibility to anyone.  He continues to be a narcissistic fool who wants full control and since no one wants to hire RL, his son accepts this crap.  No one can defend GM anymore.  He is not head coach material, he is not an offensive genius, and he is a terrible talent evaluator.

16 minutes ago, mom2kid said:

No way he wouldn't have accepted instead of going to FAU with Kiffen.  Only reason I conclude is that GM wasn't interested in bringing in and relinquishing OC responsibility to anyone.  

He tried to.

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

He tried to.

How do you know we tried to hire KB? You and some others have said that, but where did you hear this?

22 minutes ago, dabrasco said:

How do you know we tried to hire KB? You and some others have said that, but where did you hear this?

From people that work within or are connected to the department, the staff, or support staff.

Isn't Al Borges available? I know he lost his job as a HC this past season. I do not think Gus would even give Al a nanosecond of consideration. Art Briles is becoming a better choice. I think many of you feel the same way as I do. I do feel that nothing is going to happen until 2017 season ends.

3 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

Isn't Al Borges available? I know he lost his job as a HC this past season. I do not think Gus would even give Al a nanosecond of consideration. Art Briles is becoming a better choice. I think many of you feel the same way as I do. I do feel that nothing is going to happen until 2017 season ends.

I believe he is at San Jose State  OC/QB Coach

19 hours ago, bigbird said:

From people that work within or are connected to the department, the staff, or support staff.

What was Rhett Lashlee's role going to be had we hired KB?

wde

On 1/5/2017 at 7:26 PM, auburnphan said:

We had a good QB coach last year, but he was coaching WR's, was also an ace recruiter.

Me thinks you nailed it my friend. CDC should still be at AU as QB coach. Maybe like Coach Garner, he will return home someday when CGM is just a memory.

13 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

What was Rhett Lashlee's role going to be had we hired KB?

wde

Not sure

1 minute ago, Sully to Beasley said:

Me thinks you nailed it my friend. CDC should still be at AU as QB coach. Maybe like Coach Garner, he will return home someday when CGM is just a memory.

I think CDC would be a better QB coach than Lashlee, but that still would not make CDC a good QB coach.  Rodney Garner returning has been a blessing and a curse.  

wde

Just now, bigbird said:

Not sure

If Rhett Lashlee was not going to be let go in the event that KB was hired, then hiring KB would have been a wasted/meaningless hire.  Hell, even if Lashlee were let go and KB hired may have been meaningless as long as Gus is our HC, but I am certain that the hiring of KB with Rhett Lashlee remaining on staff would have been a wasted hire.

wde

20 hours ago, mom2kid said:

I'm so tired of venting and so tired of Gus.  Never been a fan, I was against his hire, and thought the way the team blew the halftime lead against FSU showed a real lack of coaching savvy playing safe to lose.  I don't think GM should be coaching at AU.  Regardless, what happened to all the rumors that RL would be gone and we would hire K Briles as OC and QB coach?  No way he wouldn't have accepted instead of going to FAU with Kiffen.  Only reason I conclude is that GM wasn't interested in bringing in and relinquishing OC responsibility to anyone.  He continues to be a narcissistic fool who wants full control and since no one wants to hire RL, his son accepts this crap.  No one can defend GM anymore.  He is not head coach material, he is not an offensive genius, and he is a terrible talent evaluator.

What an uninformed post. The fact that you don't know why Briles is at FAU and not at AU or ANY OTHER MAJOR PROGRAM speaks volumes as to your knowledge of the situation, or lack therof. Are you truly so clueless of the Briles' situation? I think we are all getting undone with CGM to an extent, but your post is nothing but a babbling rant.

37 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

What an uninformed post. The fact that you don't know why Briles is at FAU and not at AU or ANY OTHER MAJOR PROGRAM speaks volumes as to your knowledge of the situation, or lack therof. Are you truly so clueless of the Briles' situation? I think we are all getting undone with CGM to an extent, but your post is nothing but a babbling rant.

How was her post uniformed? Several informed posters/Mods on this site posted repeatedly that the Briles' (Art and Kendal) were being railroaded by Baylor and that AU should hire either or both of them.  Now, several posters (me included) posted concerns about hiring a Briles (especially Art in my case) based on the Baylor situation, but were assured by the above referenced informed posters/Mods that the accusations towards the Briles' basically amounted to a witch hunt.

So, based  on your post to mom2kid, I assume that you thought that Kendal Briles was toxic and AU would never consider him as a candidate for our coaching staff in any capacity.  I also assume that you can reference posts that you made expressing your opinion on the matter as well.

wde

32 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

Hiw was her post uniformed? Several informed posters/Mods on this site posted repeatedly that the Briles' (Art and Kendal) were being railroaded by Baylor and that AU should hire either or both of them.  Now, several posters (me included) posted concerns about hiring a Briles (especially Art in my case) based on the Baylor situation, but were assured by the above referenced informed posters/Mods that the accusations towards the Briles' basically amounted to a witch hunt.

This is definitely accurate. One particular mod said all of the above to myself as a matter of fact.

21 hours ago, mom2kid said:

Who would you have hired? Execution and bad luck cost us that game. We missed wide open receivers, blew a fake punt and if FSU tackles Tre inside the 20, we probably score and run out the clock. It was sickening, but I don't blame it on coaching. Coaching is what got us there.

25 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

How was her post uniformed? Several informed posters/Mods on this site posted repeatedly that the Briles' (Art and Kendal) were being railroaded by Baylor and that AU should hire either or both of them.  Now, several posters (me included) posted concerns about hiring a Briles (especially Art in my case) based on the Baylor situation, but were assured by the above referenced informed posters/Mods that the accusations towards the Briles' basically amounted to a witch hunt.

So, based  on your post to mom2kid, I assume that you thought that Kendal Briles was toxic and AU would never consider him as a candidate for our coaching staff in any capacity.  I also assume that you can reference posts that you made expressing your opinion on the matter as well.

wde

Thx for coming to my defense.  I am definitely not an insider but I know my college football, am a long time au fan and try to be as informed as I can be from the outside.

If AU officially said no to a Briles being hired then just say it.  People with inside info have been saying for months that RL was going to be dismissed and K Briles was coming in.  

If Briles decided not to come and coach Stidham, that raises more red flags.

You can call my comments "rants"; fine because guess what.  I am angry.  GM has made AU football mid-tier.  Compare him to Dabo.  Clemson is now a perenial top tier program while GM has made AU a joke.  My opinion.

Just now, mom2kid said:

Thx for coming to my defense.  I am definitely not an insider but I know my college football, am a long time au fan and try to be as informed as I can be from the outside.

If AU officially said no to a Briles being hired then just say it.  People with inside info have been saying for months that RL was going to be dismissed and K Briles was coming in.  

If Briles decided not to come and coach Stidham, that raises more red flags.

You can call my comments "rants"; fine because guess what.  I am angry.  GM has made AU football mid-tier.  Compare him to Dabo.  Clemson is now a perenial top tier program while GM has made AU a joke.  My opinion.

You are welcome.  While I am not willing to say our program is a joke under Gus, I will say we are mediocre under Gus.  I also agree that Dabo is a far better HC than Gus is now.

wde

20 minutes ago, imaolgatiger said:

Who would you have hired? Execution and bad luck cost us that game. We missed wide open receivers, blew a fake punt and if FSU tackles Tre inside the 20, we probably score and run out the clock. It was sickening, but I don't blame it on coaching. Coaching is what got us there.

In that game I agree. Over time, since the end of 2014 Gus has regressed game after game. The last two UGA games and others in between have caused great concern.

9 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

In that game I agree. Over time, since the end of 2014 Gus has regressed game after game. The last two UGA games and others in between have caused great concern.

I'm not disagreeing that we have regressed for various reasons. Gus has corrected the defense and I think we will see a better offense next year, barring the injuries that we had this year. We had better or I think we will be replacing him. l expect that he will get it done. When we hired Gus, it wasn't like we had top talent coaches beating down our door. I would like for Mom to tell me as to whom she would have hired. It's easy to say you would have hired someone else. Sometimes you have to hire the best person to apply and maybe Gus was it. Look at what the turds went thru trying to hire a coach. Look what has happened at USC since Carroll left. It's not an exact science.

Uniformed equals if you're not one of their favorite posters and you say something they disagree with. Don't take it personal

I, too, am uninformed.  Nor am I an insider.  I come here to GET informed.  Here's what I've learned about the OC situation after getting informed...

Art's coming to AU. Art's not coming to AU.

Kendall's coming to AU.  Kendall's not coming to AU.

Art & Kendall are poison.  Art & Kendall are not poison; they were merely scapegoats.

50% of us want either of them.  50% of us don't want either of them.

...there.  I now feel informed?   :dunno:

Archived