2017 CFP Championship thread

aujeff11

We can do predictions and  pre-game analysis and then make it the game thread on Monday. 

I think it will be identical to last year's game with Bama barely edging Clemson. 

-One thing to look out for is how will the offense gel with Sarkisian as OC. Like Cole Cubelic ( one of my fave analysts) said recently, QBs get used to listening to one voice during the season and on game day. When that voice is gone, what happens? 

-Another note, Former Clemson QB Tahj Boyd didn't cut it in the pros so he has been practicing with the Clemson scout team the past week trying to help CU by simulating Jalen Hurts. 

Bama 31 Clemson 28.

Edit********************************************************

Just a reminder that "For good of the conference" stuff is BS. Feel free to wish for a Bammer curbstomping.

C1uyEHpUAAYvX4D.jpg

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's hoping the Earth opens up and swallows Raymond James Stadium with both teams in it.

Earth Justice -  1

Bammers (including Dabo) - 0

Sorry, Clemson...Dabo just makes you East Vance, SC.

I think Clemson is a much better team than their team from last year, especially on D.  Clemson will tear up bama's secondary, I think. I don't know how well they will run it, but they moved the ball effectively on bama last year. Clemson's O must not turn it over and give bama defensive points. Clemson's D is good enough to hold the bama O in check as their D is better than last year. CU should force Hurts to win it from the pocket, take his mobile options away, stop the run.  I think Clemson wins it

34-24

12 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Here's hoping the Earth opens up and swallows Raymond James Stadium with both teams in it.

Earth Justice -  1

Bammers (including Dabo) - 0

Sorry, Clemson...Dabo just makes you East Vance, SC.

Win or loose, the updykes will probably have 17 on their hats next year anyway. It's like one of my bammer friends told me: well, if we do get beat, at least there is a bammer boy coaching Clemson....I'll watch the game but could really care less who wins.

3 hours ago, cctiger said:

Win or loose, the updykes will probably have 17 on their hats next year anyway. It's like one of my bammer friends told me: well, if we do get beat, at least there is a bammer boy coaching Clemson....I'll watch the game but could really care less who wins.

I hope Clemson wins. Let Clemson become a dynasty and Dabo will never leave for Bama after Saban leaves. Too much pressure.

These Alabama players saying they are disrespected, saying they are the under dog because poor Clemson might have a chance is just laughable. The way they acted after the Washington game was just childish...how dare Washington challenge them and play them well. Normally these guys don't say crap but this year they seem to want to get punched in the mouth.

They are the big and bad, but the bigger they are, the harder they fall. 

I will add that I've seen Clemson play about five times this year and they are weak. They basically lost two games at home. They made mistakes vs Ohio state and Ohio state was one of they most over rated teams I've seen play this year-offensively. Ohio state couldn't take advantage of their mistakes. Watson throws lots of picks and I could see Alabama taking a couple to this house. I do think Ohio state's defense was a good test for Clemson. But it will be a huge upset in my opinion if they win. Clemson will have to play flawlessly or hope the moment is too big for that freshman and Clemson s defense is the one who shines.

Clemson 20 Turds 27

I not only hope that Clemson wins, I think they will win. As much attention as Alabama's defensive line gets, Clemson's will be the difference. Harass Hurts all night, win the turnover battle. That's what I'll be looking for. 

1 hour ago, PigskinPat said:

I had a dream/nightmare last night that bama won 28-24. I'm hoping, though, that Clemson wins 27-20.

You even DREAM of bammer?  ....poor thing.

49 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I not only hope that Clemson wins, I think they will win. As much attention as Alabama's defensive line gets, Clemson's will be the difference. Harass Hurts all night, win the turnover battle. That's what I'll be looking for. 

I hope so. I just remember all the Clemson defenders that were drafted last year and yet Bama still pretty well. 

Im so tired of ESPN's coverage of the game though. It's been like a weekend long infomercial.

20 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I hope so. I just remember all the Clemson defenders that were drafted last year and yet Bama still pretty well. 

Im so tired of ESPN's coverage of the game though. It's been like a weekend long infomercial.

Yeah that's why I cut the cords. I've honestly heard like 3 min about it and it's been wonderful

I have a feeling the ratings will be down for this snooze fest.  This game reminds me of the LSU/bammer rematch that also nobody seem to care much about.  ESPN has been advertising this game hard hoping they won't lose more money on all they invested to broadcast the playoff games.  Here's hoping that Watson goes out with a win.

Go tigers beat Bryce university.   Score will be the reverse from last year.    Neither team will stop the other.   Here's hoping Watson has the game of his life 

2 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

You even DREAM of bammer?  ....poor thing.

LOL I think it's a first for me! I was at a friend's house in the dream and had missed the game but highlights were playing on the news. I was so mad in the dream!

4 hours ago, PigskinPat said:

I had a dream/nightmare last night that bama won 28-24. I'm hoping, though, that Clemson wins 27-20.

I had a dream that someone hacked the jumbotron at the game and outed all of bama's dirty laundry on national TV, sending Saban, Emmert, and the majority of the REC running for their lives to a country with no extradition treaty.

5 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I had a dream that someone hacked the jumbotron at the game and outed all of bama's dirty laundry on national TV, sending Saban, Emmert, and the majority of the REC running for their lives to a country with no extradition treaty.

Lol, that definitely is a dream.  Bammer will never be outed 

Bama will be too afraid to get on the ground in front of a Clemson player looking for jewels.  Clemson will take "advantage" one way or another.  Clemson wins by a "touchdown".

:bananadance:

Sorry spammer.

I wouldn't watch this game if they were playing it in my back yard.

1 hour ago, cfp2017Florida said:

If you want to catch up with the finale of College Football Championship, then you have come to the right place. T

Are you one of those spammers who posts the work from home and make 10 thousand dollars a week crap?

5 hours ago, WeagleAU said:

Lol, that definitely is a dream.  Bammer will never be outed 

They have already been outed but nobody in a position to take any action against them does anything about it...AKA Emmert and the ncaa.

Archived