Greg Brown

auburn4ever

3 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

You're judging his recruiting, which is part of his coaching job, on his looks.  Amazing.  

I'm judging his recruiting based on his recruiting record.

Your lack of reading comprehension is what is amazing.

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, DAG said:

You don't have to sacrifice one for another but realistically how many T-Robs are available out there, willing to leave their perspective school to come to ours?

I would love to find a T-Rob caliber coach. I would love to have Lincoln Riley as our OC, but realistically, how do we poach him?

Nothing to forgive. You are more than welcome to have your opinion on the hire, just like you shouldn't forgive me for giving Brown the benefit of a doubt.

It is what it is.

:cheers:

23 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Nobody is. That's the point. It's a joke because you're going to have some crazy looking old geezer trying to recruit DBs in the ATL and south Florida. And that's where the joke is. Has nothing to do with the football field. 

Is my reading comprehension really lacking?

12 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I'm judging his recruiting based on his recruiting record.

Your lack of reading comprehension is what is amazing.

Help me with your logic, Jeff.  Is his recruiting record bad because he is a crazy looking old geezer or is it because he's a journeyman grandfatherly figure that recruits won't identify with (oh, by the way, that's also falls in the looks category)?  

Bottom line, Jeff.  If you don't like him because he can't recruit, that's fine, but don't make a joke about of his looks and then try to tell me it's not his looks, it's that he can't recruit.  

3 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Is my reading comprehension really lacking?

Help me with your logic, Jeff.  Is his recruiting record bad because he is a crazy looking old geezer or is it because he's a journeyman grandfatherly figure that recruits won't identify with (oh, by the way, that's also falls in the looks category)?  

Bottom line, Jeff.  If you don't like him because he can't recruit, that's fine, but don't make a joke about of his looks and then try to tell me it's not his looks, it's that he can't recruit.  

Did you even look at my previous posts?

"I'm asking you to take into account who he brought in. Not who he had to work with. He brought in Pettway( a thug that was already kicked off campus once before) and Jarran Reed ( another second chance problem child). Other than that show me that he is a recruiter.  I see that he brought in a #6 safety before. I guess that's good for a 30 year career? "

"Look at the recruits he brought in on his profile. Two stars and three stars...."

"Recruiting is part of the job of a collegiate  coach.  If he could recruit and coach, obviously nobody would care about what he looks like."

I never said I didn't joke about his looks. I said the joke relates completely to recruiting which has nothing to do with the football field. So save the "don't judge a book by its cover" retort because it doesn't work. 

9 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Is his recruiting record bad because he is a crazy looking old geezer 

Probably not. Doesn't help that be looks like a "retired Ronald McDonald" rn though. 

Recruiting has everything to do with on field performance. Recruits want to play for one who will get them to the next level.

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Recruiting has everything to do with on field performance. Recruits want to play for one who will get them to the next level.

Hasn't happened for Brown yet? They'll choose the guy they are the most comfortable with also. 

Where you're recruiting plays a big factor too. Its easier to land big fish at a big school or in the right league compared to others.  

59 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Looks don't matter, results do. When he starts sending guys to the league or has them playing ALL SEC caliber football, recruits will come without hard pressure.

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Where you're recruiting plays a big factor too. Its easier to land big fish at a big school or in the right league compared to others.  

He's been at football programs of varying degrees of prominence throughout his 30 years and multiple stops. Quit talking out of both sides of your mouth. Either on the field performance attacts recruits or it doesn't. If the player thinks he can get into the league with Brown, what do the bigger schools matter? And if Brown is as prominent as you say he is, why would he not be employed at the "big schools?"  

Pick one story and stick with it. 

1 hour ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

Looks don't matter, results do. When he starts sending guys to the league or has them playing ALL SEC caliber football, recruits will come without hard pressure.

Our secondary guys are already playing pretty damn good. 

Daniel Thomas's development was quite apparent to be a last minute backup. Character is coming on strong in bowl practice. But okay. 

Its going to be all Greg Brown I guess. :-\

18 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

He's been at football programs of varying degrees of prominence throughout his 30 years and multiple stops. Quit talking out of both sides of your mouth. Either on the field performance attacts recruits or it doesn't. If the player thinks he can get into the league with Brown, what do the bigger schools matter? And if Brown is as prominent as you say he is, why would he not be employed at the "big schools?"  

I'll quit talking out of both sides out of my mouth when you stop talking out of your ass. Deal? 

You an idiot if you think where you are has no bearring on who you can recruit. No, no, you're right big time recruits want to go to Wyoming, purdue, and Colorado.  Damn. Also, you're an idiot if you don't think that on field performance doesn't have a bearring on where a recruit signs. Players want to go to Bama because they have recruiters that look good, right? Or is it the fact that they put them in a position to win and give them a better chance to make the league?...no need to answer we all know you're position...albeit ludicrous.

15 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Our secondary guys are already playing pretty damn good. 

Daniel Thomas's development was quite apparent to be a last minute backup. Character is coming on strong in bowl practice. But okay. 

Its going to be all Greg Brown I guess. :-\

Just like Carlton kinda regressed from Trob to CWM. We will see what Brown can do. 

21 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Not terribly smart in these matters, but

could a recruit believe that Coach Brown at a bigger school might be an incentive?

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

You an idiot if you think where you are has no bearring on who you can recruit.

He's been everywhere- coaching for the best at Bama and at the worst and still hasn't brought much in. He has literally moved 16 times and he still cannot recruit? Pretty sure said coach needs to do some self- reflection.

No, no, you're right big time recruits want to go to Wyoming, purdue, and Colorado

This was never said by me. You just told me they want to go to the coaches that put them in the pros. You even said that was "everything." Theoretically, said coaches could coach at a Wyoming and that would be "everything for the "big time recruits."

Or is it the fact that they put them in a position to win and give them a better chance to make the league?

Now you're getting there. Don't even know why you continue to stick your ass out there just so I can whip it again.

2 hours ago, AUinTLoosa said:

Not terribly smart in these matters, but

could a recruit believe that Coach Brown at a bigger school might be an incentive?

Not sure what you mean but I'd guess that would be a huge incentive. 

JW if he is as good as I'm being told, why he wasn't scooped up by bigger more elite football schools than Missouri, Colorado, Missouri? Gus scooped him up and he is on the hotseat. 

Can we all agree some guys NO MATTER HOW good of a program they are at some coaches are just not good recruiters? Greg Brown would fall in this category. You are bringing him in to coach em up. he most certainly is not getting hired for his recruiting abilities.

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Can we all agree some guys NO MATTER HOW good of a program they are at some coaches are just not good recruiters

Why yes we can. Just like if you asked me to sell a car, I'd give the customer an offer and if he denies it, he is out the office.

5 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Why yes we can. Just like if you asked me to sell a car, I'd give the customer an offer and if he denies it, he is out the office.

WHY WHY WHY are people arguing so much for a guy who did not even recruit great at the big programs? Some people feel like they have to defend a guy just because he coaches for Auburn. He just got here. They have no loyalty to him. It is ok to tell the truth about a Auburn coach. like my favorite or used to be favorite AU assistant D craig. GREAT recruiter. best of the best. Average position coach for WRs even though he should of been coaching qbs........... It is ok to be negative if its telling the truth. It is not like he is a AU lifer and a true Auburn man like Joe Whitt SR.

My take is like coordinators they are looking for continuity so this is a great hire as he is not looking to leave and become a HC.   

Aloso, how is he a poor hire, just because you do not know him?    There are sooo many good coaches and coaches who can recruit that for a reason or another are not known.  U guys don't know him but are demanding we agree with your opinion, or at least that is how I am taking your arguments.   

Quite honestly it is the program/HC that recruits.  Let's get some momentum and he'll rock.  

42 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Can we all agree some guys NO MATTER HOW good of a program they are at some coaches are just not good recruiters? Greg Brown would fall in this category. You are bringing him in to coach em up. he most certainly is not getting hired for his recruiting abilities.

We don't know that yet. GB has only spent 1 year at a high quality program like AU.None of his other stop had near the recruiting resources AU does.

And since the 10th coach coming in April will likely be a recruiting style coach on the D side of the ball GB does not have to be.

39 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

He's been everywhere- coaching for the best at Bama and at the worst and still hasn't brought much in. He has literally moved 16 times and he still cannot recruit? Pretty sure said coach needs to do some self- reflection.

This was never said by me. You just told me they want to go to the coaches that put them in the pros. You even said that was "everything." Theoretically, said coaches could coach at a Wyoming and that would be "everything for the "big time recruits."

Bad reading comprehension and ignorance is a bad way to post. Well, I guess it was kinda tricky for you since they were in separate post, but still.

6 hours ago, bigbird said:

6 hours ago, bigbird said:

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

We don't know that yet. GB has only spent 1 year at a high quality program like AU.None of his other stop had near the recruiting resources AU does.

Wow, common sense... Nice job, E

32 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

WHY WHY WHY are people arguing so much for a guy who did not even recruit great at the big programs? Some people feel like they have to defend a guy just because he coaches for Auburn. He just got here. They have no loyalty to him. It is ok to tell the truth about a Auburn coach. like my favorite or used to be favorite AU assistant D craig. GREAT recruiter. best of the best. Average position coach for WRs even though he should of been coaching qbs........... It is ok to be negative if its telling the truth. It is not like he is a AU lifer and a true Auburn man like Joe Whitt SR.

Because a lot of us have learned that while recruiting is important it's nowhere near the end all be all that you think it is. Hell if it was UGA would have had at least a couple of natties the past 36 year but they don't. They have had 30 or more top 10 classes in that time but 0, national titles. As I told you before you can't just recruit your ass off and do nothing else. It's not a video game where you just get the talent & they progress on their own from year to year.

50 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

This is just stupid. Really stupid.  I think most people, including myself, are excited that we have a guy who seems like a quality coach in the secondary. I think most people, like myself, feel like his previous past of lower ranked recruiting can be offset by the resources set forth by AU. I think most people, like myself, are wondering why this guy is being dismissed before he ever coached a freaking down for AU. So, yes, I will give him the benefit of a doubt because he coaches at AU. Guess what? That is also okay.  

Also these big programs you speak of are the likes of UL, CU, Wyoming, Purdue, Arizona, Missouri..Many of these schools are not bringing in the Jabril Peppers of the world. You can argue UL, that is about it. Be realistic. You know your boy CDC? A lot of people dismissed him as a fit at AU because he was an "average" position coach. Do you think that is right? Nor is it okay to completely dismiss Coach brown either. 

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

This is just stupid. Really stupid.  I think most people, including myself, are excited that we have a guy who seems like a quality coach in the secondary. I think most people, like myself, feel like his previous past of lower ranked recruiting can be offset by the resources set forth by AU. I think most people, like myself, are wondering why this guy is being dismissed before he ever coached a freaking down for AU. So, yes, I will give him the benefit of a doubt because he coaches at AU. Guess what? That is also okay.  

Also these big programs you speak of are the likes of UL, CU, Wyoming, Purdue, Arizona, Missouri..Many of these schools are not bringing in the Jabril Peppers of the world. You can argue UL, that is about it. Be realistic. You know your boy CDC? A lot of people dismissed him as a fit at AU because he was an "average" position coach. Do you think that is right? Nor is it okay to completely dismiss Coach brown either. 

Very well said.

Archived