Greg Brown

auburn4ever

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

why did you not say that to begin with that you do not care what kind of recruiter he is? That would of saved me you and jeff this whole argument and back and forth! It was fun I must admit though! haha

I did say that. You just refuse to read. I clearly said, I would take a great coach over a great recruiter. If the players out there are performing that is what I care about. I also said I thought being @ AU would offset any concerns of his recruiting. Me and Jeff made peace with that earlier. So, I don't even know why you are bringing him up.

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, DAG said:

I did say that. You just refuse to read. I clearly said, I would take a great coach over a great recruiter. If the players out there are performing that is what I care about. I also said I thought being @ AU would offset any concerns of his recruiting. Me and Jeff made peace with that earlier. So, I don't even know why you are bringing him up.

clearly I did not see where you said that. I did not tag him so who cares if I brought him up? It is not a big deal. Welp glad to know where you stand and you clearly know where I stand. I have a feeling we will be looking for another DB coach next year anyways. Not because he did not do a good job just playing the odds. SO all of this will probaly be for naught.

Here are our 4 star secondary recruits going back since 2008 per rivals

Marlon Character

Jordan Colbert

Tim irvin

Carlton Davis

Derrick Moncrief 

Nic Ruffin

Stephen Roberts

Kalvarez Bessent

Joshua Hosley

J. Rose

R. Therazie

Erique Florence

Jermaine Whitehead

Reggie Taylor

Taikwon Page

Now going back to 2008, How many of these guys were ALL-SEC? In fact how many ALL SEC guys did we have since this time frame?

Just now, DAG said:

Marlon Character

Jordan Colbert

Tim irvin

Carlton Davis

Derrick Moncrief 

Nic Ruffin

Stephen Roberts

Kalvarez Bessent

Joshua Hosley

J. Rose

R. Therazie

Erique Florence

Jermaine Whitehead

Reggie Taylor

Taikwon Page

Now going back to 2008, How many of these guys were ALL-SEC? In fact how many ALL SEC guys did we have since this time frame?

This hurts. A lot of those left the program and some even never made it in like Page and reggie taylor. Killed our depth. 

That is why the ideal coach is Twill a great coach and recruiter. Yes I know a lot of those do not exist but we have shown to pay top dollar for quality assistants so money should be no object.

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

Marlon Character

Jordan Colbert

Tim irvin

Carlton Davis

Derrick Moncrief 

Nic Ruffin

Stephen Roberts

Kalvarez Bessent

Joshua Hosley

J. Rose

R. Therazie

Erique Florence

Jermaine Whitehead

Reggie Taylor

Taikwon Page

Now imagine if we had a coach with a proven record of being a great developer

Just now, bigbird said:

would we of got those guys though if he was not also a great recruiter?! and here we are bringing it back full circle!

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

This hurts. A lot of those left the program and some even never made it in like Page and reggie taylor. Killed our depth. 

If I am not mistaken,  Page was a big time player for Toledo. I remember seeing him in a bowl game as a senior. 

Just now, AUBwins said:

If I am not mistaken,  Page was a big time player for Toledo. I remember seeing him in a bowl game as a senior. 

Thanks for the update!! I had no idea what happened to him or reggie taylor.

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

would we of got those guys though if he was not also a great recruiter?! and here we are bringing it back full circle!

Well lets take a look at those who were all- SEC

Junior Rosegreen

David Irons

Will Herring

Patrick Lee

Walt McFadden

Chris Davis

J. Jones

All 3 stars (Rivals) with the exception of Rosegreen. Can't seem to find much info on him.

Somebody else can pull up the ESPN or 247 rankings.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Well lets take a look at those who were all- SEC

Junior Rosegreen

David Irons

Will Herring

Patrick Lee

Walt McFadden

Chris Davis

J. Jones

All 3 stars (Rivals) with the exception of Rosegreen. Can't seem to find much info on him.

Somebody else can pull up the ESPN or 247 rankings.

Tubs specialty was shining up those diamond in the roughs I had no idea we had that many under chiz and gus. I honestly thought we had none. Thats awesome!

Carlos Rogers is Auburn's only DB to be taken in the 1st Round in 2004. Unable to find how many stars he was coming out of high school or Hargrave Military Academy. One article I read said he may have been a 3 Star. 

Edited: Also, only DB to win the Thorpe Award

9 minutes ago, bigbird said:

This really could be a separate topic.... I cannot quantify it,. But it seems like AU's strategy over the last maybe 8 years has cycled between recruiters, then developers, then recruiters then developers.   This is how we catch lightning in bottle.   

Craig was here to recruit.  Kodi, System develop   

Grimes #1 recruit.  Grimes #2 develop.  Hand recruit system develop  

Muschamp Develop and recruit.   Steele continue.  

So y'all think this guy is so elite that he has commanded Colorado and "Wyoming" jobs. ? 

And his recruiting sucks. Doesn't have anything to do with looking like the retired Ronald McDonald, it's because he coached at the Wyomings of college football and no big time recruits wanted to join him despite the fact that all the recruits thought Brown was the guy to get them into the league

However, at Auburn we are expecting him to recruit well because he is set to turn around an already improving secondary

Oh, and despite Ronald McDonald being 60 years old, we don't know yet if he can recruit at all. Probably because he is usually only a hired gun, but still. 

Oh, anything else?

Just now, The Plainsman said:

This really could be a separate topic.... I cannot quantify it,. But it seems like AU's strategy over the last maybe 8 years has cycled between recruiters, then developers, then recruiters then developers.   This is how we catch lightning in bottle.   

Craig was here to recruit.  Kodi, System develop   

Grimes #1 recruit.  Grimes #2 develop.  Hand recruit system develop  

Muschamp Develop and recruit.   Steele continue.  

I think Kodi was hired to recruit as well. Young guy with a national title ring? They probaly thought he could relate well to the kids because of his age.

2 minutes ago, aufan57 said:

Carlos Rogers is Auburn's only DB to be taken in the 1st Round in 2004. Unable to find how many stars he was coming out of high school or Hargrave Military Academy. One article I read said he may have been a 3 Star. 

Bizarre right? Another Tubs project

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

So y'all think this guy is so elite that he hascommanded Colorado and "Wyoming" jobs. ? 

And his recruiting sucks. Doesn't have anything to do with look liking retired Ronald McDonald, it's because he coached at the Wyomings of college football and no big time recruits wanted to join him despite the fact that all the recruits thought Brown was the guy to get them into the  league

However, at Auburn we are expecting him to recruit well because he is set to turn around an already improving secondary

Oh, and despite Ronald McDonald being 60 years old, we don't know yet if he can recruit at all. Probably because he is usually only a hired gun, but still. 

Oh, anything else?

I am expecting him to coach well. Bringing in the Blue chips is icing on the cake.

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I think Kodi was hired to recruit as well. Young guy with a national title ring? They probaly thought he could relate well to the kids because of his age.

Maybe so, but again until proven... We will not know.  Not that we needed it this year,. But we do not have one single WR commit for this class.  

1 minute ago, The Plainsman said:

Maybe so, but again until proven... We will not know.  

O he has proven me wrong! I thought he could recruit. been a huge disappointment for my expectations for him.

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

O he has proven me wrong! I thought he could recruit. been a huge disappointment for my expectations for him.

I wouldn't write him off just yet.   We really were not recruiting WRs this year... At least not in numbers.  Next year will be interesting. 

35 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

Maybe so, but again until proven... We will not know.  Not that we needed it this year,. But we do not have one single WR commit for this class.  

We're only taking 1-2 this class and this guy is what?

http://247sports.com/player/noah-igbinoghene-87709

Plus he is a 4* by ESPN.

13 minutes ago, aufan57 said:

C was a high 3 star

Cole said it best. People are going to be preaching development over stars until they see recruiting power houses win championships. Then, all of a sudden, "yeah but they're stacked. That's the only reason why they won."

Like they're mutually exclusive or something.

Archived