Greg Brown

auburn4ever

13 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

So y'all think this guy is so elite that he has commanded Colorado and "Wyoming" jobs. ? 

And his recruiting sucks. Doesn't have anything to do with looking like the retired Ronald McDonald, it's because he coached at the Wyomings of college football and no big time recruits wanted to join him despite the fact that all the recruits thought Brown was the guy to get them into the league

However, at Auburn we are expecting him to recruit well because he is set to turn around an already improving secondary

Oh, and despite Ronald McDonald being 60 years old, we don't know yet if he can recruit at all. Probably because he is usually only a hired gun, but still. 

Oh, anything else?

So what are you saying? Seems like you don't like McD's. I'm sure you'll let me know. Are you ever happy?

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

So y'all think this guy is so elite that he has commanded Colorado and "Wyoming" jobs. ? 

And his recruiting sucks. Doesn't have anything to do with looking like the retired Ronald McDonald, it's because he coached at the Wyomings of college football and no big time recruits wanted to join him despite the fact that all the recruits thought Brown was the guy to get them into the league

However, at Auburn we are expecting him to recruit well because he is set to turn around an already improving secondary

Oh, and despite Ronald McDonald being 60 years old, we don't know yet if he can recruit at all. Probably because he is usually only a hired gun, but still. 

Oh, anything else?

Yes, thank you for proving my idiot comments.

5 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

So what are you saying? Seems like you don't like McD's. I'm sure you'll let me know. Are you ever happy?

Well that's an out of left field question.

So, is any of these guys furious about his recruiting prowess going to name some secondary rock star players from our previous recruiting gurus?

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

So, is any of these guys furious about his recruiting prowess going to name some secondary rock star players from our previous recruiting gurus?

Bobby Freeman you need to be old to remember.....Auburn has never had the high stars in the secondary. We usually find a star in the rough like Larry Willingham, David Langner even though I hated he's ass, Dave Beck, Buddy Mcclinton, Junior, Carlos on and on.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

I really loved Thigpen as a recruiter. Dude is a flat out stud on the trail. Coaching? ehhhh not so much. The  point I am making is I want someone who is good at both. 

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

I really loved Thigpen as a recruiter. Dude is a flat out stud on the trail. Coaching? ehhhh not so much. The  point I am making is I want someone who is good at both. 

Because those guys grow on trees, right? Lol. 

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Yes, thank you for proving my idiot comments.

Only an idiot would write this. ^^

Are you happy? 

3 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Bobby Freeman you need to be old to remember

Yeah let me pull out the ole black and white film. I kidd, I kidd.

Just now, DAG said:

Because those guys grow on trees, right? Lol. 

hey we had 1 of them in our own backyard for so long. Its a farce it took this long for Twill to be promoted to a on field coach.

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Carlton Davis is just fine. Daniel Thomas and Marlon Character are rising stars. What's not to love about them. 

Just now, aujeff11 said:

Carlton Davis is just fine. Daniel Thomas and Marlon Character are rising stars. What's not to love about them. 

I like them. Maybe with Davis as coach they will become ALL-SEC DBs, right?

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

I like them. Maybe with Davis as coach they will become ALL-SEC DBs, right?

I predict that Tray Matthews will be an All-SEC Safety in 2017 and a 2nd or 3rd Round Draft Choice.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

But of course, I know if this does happen, the argument will be, yeah but they were already talented..

And they were already budding into their own before Brown ever showed up. Maybe we should give credit to more than one coach. 

Just now, aufan57 said:

I predict that Tray Matthews will be an All-SEC Safety in 2017 and a 2nd or 3rd Round Draft Choice.

I hope so. It is about time he lives up to that 4 star recruit status

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

And they were already budding into their own before Brown ever showed up. Maybe we should give credit to more than one coach. 

@DAG , see. Hahaha

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

@DAG you forgot the, well they weren't recruited by Brown, I mean Ronald McDonald excuse 

Obviously he knows that. They'd be elsewhere otherwise.

Just now, aujeff11 said:

But if C. Davis because let's say an All-American next year, like we all hope, would you give Brown some props?

Archived