Greg Brown

auburn4ever

Does how a coach looks really affect how a kid views their recruiting style and whatnot? You're going to play football for the guy not picking a tonsil hockey partner. I'd say maybe the most immature of kids would peg a school down a notch or 2 based on a coach's appearance. I mean I'm more interested in what the women on campus look like than what the coaching staff looks like if I'm injecting appearance into my recruitment at all

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Tiger said:

Does how a coach looks really affect how a kid views their recruiting style and whatnot? You're going to play football for the guy not picking a tonsil hockey partner. I'd say maybe the most immature of kids would peg a school down a notch or 2 based on a coach's appearance. I mean I'm more interested in what the women on campus look like than what the coaching staff looks like if I'm injecting appearance into my recruitment at all

Umm ? Its not just the looks. Why is everybody always talking in absolutes? It's the personality, age, relationships, resumes, the represented schools, and a thousand other factors that can help or deny a coach in recruiting a kid. And, generally speaking, the younger kids commit to the coaches that they are more comfortable with or that they can most closely relate with because they will probably have to move away from their hometown support system creating new vulnerabilities. There are always exceptions to the rule too. Old people can recruit though. Pete Carroll still has a swag about him that makes 70 (or whatever he is) appear youthful in demeanor. He freaking brought Snoop Dog and other actors to practices at USC. No old head that I know would listen to that crap for five seconds.

You and everybody else that gets bent out of shape over my jokes are wasting too much energy over the subject. Yeah I made a joke that it would be funny seeing him try to win over an inner city kid. Who cares. Quit trying to prove that he can recruit and move on. His record says otherwise but you win. He can recruit. He's just been sandbagging for 59 years.

13 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Umm ? Its not just the looks. Why is everybody always talking in absolutes? It's the personality, age, relationships, resumes, the represented schools, and a thousand other factors that can help or deny a coach in recruiting a kid. And, generally speaking, the younger kids commit to the coaches that they are more comfortable with or that they can most closely relate with because they will probably have to move away from their hometown support system creating new vulnerabilities. There are always exceptions to the rule too. Old people can recruit though. Pete Carroll still has a swag about him that makes 70 (or whatever he is) appear youthful in demeanor. He freaking brought Snoop Dog and other actors to practices at USC. No old head that I know would listen to that crap for five seconds.

You and everybody else that gets bent out of shape over my jokes are wasting too much energy over the subject. Yeah I made a joke that it would be funny seeing him try to win over an inner city kid. Who cares. Quit trying to prove that he can recruit and move on. His record says otherwise but you win. He can recruit. He's just been sandbagging for 59 years.

Wasn't directed at you, just at the people writing him off based on his looks. It was a broad question because his looks keep coming up in here. If we are going to talk about his recruiting resume that is fair game to me. Making the assumption that it's because of how he looks seemed weird to me. If it was a joke, then I have no problem saying I missed it. I never once tried to prove he can recruit, or even said he can recruit well.  But you can feel free to point me to where I did. I made a comment about people talking about his appearance, something he has no control over. He does, however, have control over how good of a recruiter he is, and his "stats" there do leave something to be desired but the only thing I mentioned in this thread about CGB is that this hire could've been better and it also could've been worse.

You get in arguments with people all the time over here but you're not dragging me in to one, especially since you took a mile from my inch long post. You sounded very sensitive in your response and I wasn't even talking to you in particular or trying to say he could recruit. :dunno: You sound like you could use some of that Colorodo flower. 

2 minutes ago, Tiger said:

You get in arguments with people all the time over here but you're not dragging me in to one, especially since you took a mile from my inch long post. You sounded very sensitive in your response and I wasn't even talking to you in particular or trying to say he could recruit. :dunno: You sound like you could use some of that Colorodo flower. 

You may have not mentioned me personally but I know I am only one of two that has carried on about his looks. Not to mention that there are several others around here that likes to take hidden references or indirect shots at others without giving notification or mention. Such as this morning when I read my so called "attributes" from a scumbag poster without ever even knowing I was in the conversation.

I'm not getting into an argument with you either because you're pretty cool but don't put words in my mouth. I never made the assumption that his recruiting resume is s*** because of his looks. 

8 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

You may have not mentioned me personally but I know I am only one of two that has carried on about his looks. Not to mention that there are several others around here that likes to take hidden references or indirect shots at others without giving notification or mention. Such as this morning when I read my so called "attributes" from a scumbag poster without ever even knowing I was in the conversation.

I'm not getting into an argument with you either because you're pretty cool but don't put words in my mouth. I never made the assumption that his recruiting resume is s*** because of his looks. 

My post was just a broad question. This particular thread had a lot of back and forth so I didn't take the effort to read who was attached to each opinion, I admit that. I was just curious why there is an idea of looks correlating with recruiting ability. But I also never tried to convince anyone that he can recruit even though you told me to "quit" doing that. And you said "you win, he can recruit" like I was arguing for that in the first place. I'm down to move on and agree to keep words out of each others mouths lol

Just now, Tiger said:

My post was just a broad question. This particular thread had a lot of back and forth so I didn't take the effort to read who was attached to each opinion, I admit that. I was just curious why there is an idea of looks correlating with recruiting ability. But I also never tried to convince anyone that he can recruit even though you told me to "quit" doing that. And you said "you win, he can recruit" like I was arguing for that in the first place. I'm down to move on and agree to keep words out of each others mouths lol

I wasn't talking to you, per se....but to your talking points. 

:cheers:

https://www.seccountry.com/auburn/auburn-football-db-coach-secondary-coach?utm_campaign=SF_SECCountryAU&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social

Good write up on how our veteran defensive backs have had to deal with constant DB changes throughout their collegiate careers.

Also a great look at how our DBs have gotten better and better the past two years. 

#gooberingeverday haha just embrace the joke now greg brown fans!! it is to fun not to.

9 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

#gooberingeverday haha just embrace the joke now greg brown fans!! it is to fun not to.

Garner's face says it all. 

Just now, aujeff11 said:

Garner's face says it all. 

hahaha without question. good catch.

I got to hand it to greg brown when he smiles he REALLY smiles!

10 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I got to hand it to greg brown when he smiles he REALLY smiles!

I think Rodney's got him by the balls.

Greg must really love his high school basketball. Because I see no other reason to bring Mr. Brown to a CRUCIAL recruiting visit when this is not his area he is not the kids position coach or lead recruiter. #everydayIbehatingonGreg

8 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Greg must really love his high school basketball. Because I see no other reason to bring Mr. Brown to a CRUCIAL recruiting visit when this is not his area he is not the kids position coach or lead recruiter. #everydayIbehatingonGreg

I can't tell if you're actually complaining or what

10 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Make some sense are you inside the Auburn recruiting room..............................by the way big crowd at the BB game standing room only

15 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Maybe teaching him how to recruit the Auburn way.

8 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

I can't tell if you're actually complaining or what

haha its just a big joke to me now.

4 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Make some sense are you inside the Auburn recruiting room..............................by the way big crowd at the BB game standing room only

Twill and gus not on good terms?! :[ SO DISTANT

4 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Are you 12? Its cute some times but its getting old just posting crap

I am closer to 12 than you are???? is that a good enough answer. Hey its my shtick. I do not knock yours.

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I am closer to 12 than you are???? is that a good enough answer. Hey its my shtick. I do not knock yours.

Your shtick....ok have fun just seems weird hopefully it does not become old 

3 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Your shtick....ok have fun just seems weird hopefully it does not become old 

Its like a joke man and well thats like your opinion man. Sorry the dude does not abide. If you have not noticed I post on here sometimes as a parody of posters on the bunker. NOW do you get it?

Archived