Greg Brown

auburn4ever

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

Its joke a joke man and well thats like your opinion man. Sorry the dude does not abide. If you have not noticed I post on here sometimes as a parody of posters on the bunker. NOW do you get it?

no never go on the bunker don't need to all is well man. I'm done go for it 

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

no never go on the bunker don't need to all is well man. I'm done go for it 

yes it is not everyones cup of tea but I would take them all day over the I ACCEPT 8-5 seasons THE EAGLE FLEW GOOD. JJ IS NOT THAT BAD YOU GUYS. HE HIRED BRUCE AND CLINT MYERS sunshine pumpers of Auburn Undercover posters. they are the problem. the bunker people have good intentions they just are a little more rough around the edges and complain all the time.

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Its like a joke man and well thats like your opinion man. Sorry the dude does not abide. If you have not noticed I post on here sometimes as a parody of posters on the bunker. NOW do you get it?

Props to anybody that can incorporate "The Big Lebowski" into their posts :cheers:

1 minute ago, fredst said:

Props to anybody that can incorporate "The Big Lebowski" into their posts :cheers:

props to anyone who uses the word goober almost as much as I do!

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

yes it is not everyones cup of tea but I would take them all day over the I ACCEPT 8-5 seasons THE EAGLE FLEW GOOD. JJ IS NOT THAT BAD YOU GUYS. HE HIRED BRUCE AND CLINT MYERS sunshine pumpers of Auburn Undercover posters. they are the problem. the bunker people have good intentions they just are a little more rough around the edges and complain all the time.

Sounds familiar j/k

Just now, augolf1716 said:

Sounds familiar j/k

haha touche. I deserved that. It is also true. My dream is for Auburn to be like the Pete Carroll USC days. (without all the major NCAA violations but STILL with snoop dog involved.)

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

props to anyone who uses the word goober almost as much as I do!

Now just figure out a way to incorporate lines from the bowling Jesus into a post and you'll be considered an all-timer. Okay, derailment over.

Just now, fredst said:

Now just figure out a way to incorporate lines from the bowling Jesus into a post and you'll be considered an all-timer. Okay, derailment over.

I am still trying to figure out if Fredst is supposed to be philosophical or not or if it is just a catchy way to say fred!

41 minutes ago, fredst said:

8-year-olds, Dude.

Kirk Ferentz is giving good ol GB a run for his money!!! but the real star of this pic is Mrs Johnston!

On January 19, 2017 at 2:23 PM, GwillMac6 said:

Kirk Ferentz is giving good ol GB a run for his money!!! but the real star of this pic is Mrs Johnston!

I think Ferentz is a good coach. Direct correlation between goober-like appearance and quality as a coach ?....?

When Wesley McGriff left Auburn to become defensive coordinator at Ole Miss, longtime Auburn defensive back commit Carlito Gonzalez met the news with both shock and a bit of optimism.

Three-plus weeks later, when Auburn named Greg Brown as McGriff's replacement, Gonzalez's optimism turned to excitement. It's a feeling that has been shared by Auburn's defensive back commits, three of which were on campus this weekend for their official visits.

"I was like, he coached three Thorpe Award winners?" said Gonzalez, a three-star safety. "Then he came and saw me at school. He was just an exciting person and it was a quick (relationship) development. We were already clicking."

Brown has 36 years of coaching experience, including 19 years in the college ranks and another 15 at the NFL level. While Brown has stops at Missouri, Louisville, Alabama and Colorado listed on his resume, it's another accomplishment that has the Tigers' defensive back commits excited about their new position coach.

Brown is the only coach to have ever coached three Thorpe Award winners during his career. Brown coached Deon Figures at Colorado in 1992, Chris Hudson at Colorado in 1994 and Gerod Holliman at Louisville in 2014, all of whom went on to win the Thorpe, which is awarded annually to the nation's top defensive back.

"He obviously has a good resume," said three-star cornerback commit Traivon Leonard. "... He's a guy you don't want to let down. He's always happy. He's always going into detail about what he wants and what he wants you to be like, so I'm ready to play for him and ready to make him proud."

Gonzalez, Leonard and three-star cornerback Jordyn Peters were all on campus this weekend for their official visits and got to spend extended time with Brown. All three have been impressed with their future position coach, with Peters saying that Brown comes across as a guy who "fits in with the program" at Auburn.

Peters added that Brown's personality reminds him of Auburn defensive coordinator Kevin Steele, and that he can see why Steele sought Brown as the team's new secondary coach. It's a bit of a contrast from the McGriff's personality, which the commits grew fond of during their recruitment.

"They have two different types of personalities," Peters said. "They're still two great guys, though. Coach McGriff is more type to just BOW, he's right there, he'll come get you and stuff like that. Coach Brown he's more laidback with it, but they're still two great guys to be around."

Of course, all three are still in the early stages of developing their relationships with Brown, who has been on staff for a little more than two weeks. Their weekend visit to campus, however, afforded them ample time to get to know Brown, who coached a Missouri secondary that tied for the SEC lead in interceptions (15) and inherits an Auburn secondary that finished tied for fifth in the nation in passes defended (80) while ranking 67th in pass defense (229.2 yards per game) and 22nd in pass efficiency defense (116.83).

Along with getting to know Brown on a personal level, Gonzalez, Peters and Leonard had a chance Sunday morning to watch film with the coach and go over technique and what he likes to see from his defensive backs.

"It's always good sitting down with Coach Brown because he's got so many years of experience that I'm just learning stuff and I'm not even here yet," Gonzalez said. "I know it's going to be something serious when I do get here and learn a lot."

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2017/01/auburn_commits_impressed_with.html#incart_river_mobileshort_index

Greg Brown has serious credentials and coaching acumen, but he can keep things light too.

Auburn's new secondary coach likes to break the ice with his players by pulling their proverbial chain.

"A great guy. Great sense of humor. Loved to tell jokes," said Missouri cornerback Aarion Penton, a first team All-SEC honoree while playing under Brown last season. "Not really a get-mad-and-yell-all-in-your-face type of guy. If you did something wrong he'll tell you 'clean up your technique, do this, do that.' If you did something right, everything right, he will tell you, 'great stance, great footwork, way to win at the line.'"

Penton had 43 tackles with a career-high five interceptions, one of which he returned for touchdown, and a 12 pass breakups en rout to being named first team All-SEC by the league's coaches and second team by the Associated Press in 2016.

A participant in both the East-West Shrine Game and the Senior Bowl, Penton credited Brown with helping him improve technique and rank 10th nationally in passes defended.

"He breaks everything down to the 'T' and wants to make sure you're successful," Penton said. "... He loves for you to be you. Whatever was your best asset, that's what he'll want you to do because he wants you win that rep every play."

Missouri tied for the SEC lead in interceptions (15) during the regular season, though it ranked 86th in pass defense.

Brown, who coached three Jim Thorpe Award winners, was just the second position coach Penton had during his college career.

While Barry Odom was promoted from defensive coordinator to head coach, Penton said the process of buying in to what Brown's ways as a position coach didn't take long.

"Knowing who Greg Brown was and his credentials, why wouldn't you want to pick up everything you can from a guy like that?" Penton said. "You just got to find out what's more important; if you love the game you'll do whatever it takes to be successful. I just made sure I was mature about the situation; it was my last season and I wanted the best of it and I wanted to take as much advice from any coach as possible to show them that I'm coachable and I love to learn."

Penton believes the Auburn secondary, which ranked 67th in pass defense but was 22nd in pass efficiency defense and fifth in passes defended, will do well under Brown.

"He's going to put his secondary to work," Penton said. "He's going to expect production. It's really up to the DBs how bad they really want it, how much information they can get and apply to the field the next day or that day. If they do that, they should be successful."

Source

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 9:59 PM, GwillMac6 said:

What is the website for the bunker?  I have heard about this time to time, but never went there to check it out. This site is the best site I have ever found for Auburn football and other sports.   Thanks & WDE & WDC

23 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

What is the website for the bunker?  I have heard about this time to time, but never went there to check it out. This site is the best site I have ever found for Auburn football and other sports.   Thanks & WDE & WDC

The Bunker is Rivals. Premium message board. Personally, I would not pay to join any of the supposed "premium" sites.

https://auburn.forums.rivals.com/forums/the-bunker.18/

Just now, aufan57 said:

The Bunker is Rivals. Premium message board. Personally, I would not pay to join any of the supposed "premium" sites.

https://auburn.forums.rivals.com/forums/the-bunker.18/

I agree. This site is as good if not better than the premium sites. I have tried each of these available and drop them at the end of the free trial period. I wonder if other sites have some this good for free.

I think we are fine when it comes to our coaches being able to recruit. We can have a top 10 team and still come in anywhere between 3-5 place in the SEC in recruiting. I have always said that if we are in the top 12 nationally with recruiting, we will do fine on the field. Our staff is one of the better in the SEC when it comes to recruiting. If we could lure Dell McGee, and Tracy Rocker from Uga along with Craig from Lsu, we would likely have to best recruiting staff in the country. I know that this is not possible and know our staff is a quality staff that does a good job. I know there are a lot of issues with regard to Gus, but I think with the new OC and JS at QB, next year and beyond could turn out to be special seasons.

1 hour ago, doc4aday said:

If we could lure Dell McGee, and Tracy Rocker from Uga along with Craig from Lsu, we would likely have to best recruiting staff in the country. 

Unfortunately, those are 3 spots we aren't looking to replace. We have great D-Line & Running Backs coaches and our new QB coach is just getting started. Find awesome recruiters that coach Receivers, O-Line, and Special Teams and we'll talk.

1 hour ago, doc4aday said:

If we could lure Dell McGee, and Tracy Rocker from Uga along with Craig from Lsu, we would likely have to best recruiting staff in the country.

We really are allowed to get coaches that didn't play here, I promise.

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

We really are allowed to get coaches that didn't play here, I promise.

I totally agree.  AMEN. But I hope everyone understands that as long as we have Jay Jacobs as AD this is what we are going to get.   FWIW, I would trade Rocker for Garner as a competent on the field DL coach in a heartbeat (although there are better options than Rocker out there too).  Add D. Craig as a QB coach to compensate for losing Garner as a recruiter and we would improve the coaching staff with AU guys for those who want FAMBLY (gag).  

wde

i keep hearing how dc is a great qb coach. just who has he coached that elevates him so highly? and i promise i am not being a smart azz either. i have never heard anyone mentioned he coached as a qb that went on to great things in college or even pro.

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

i keep hearing how dc is a great qb coach. just who has he coached that elevates him so highly? and i promise i am not being a smart azz either. i have never heard anyone mentioned he coached as a qb that went on to great things in college or even pro.

He was only a QB coach for tuskegee and FSU. EJ Manuel was a first round nfl draft pick under him and he was the sole reason Winston went to fsu.

I wish we had Pete Carroll as our coach. I believe he's the only coach who can beat Saban every year or every other year. Heck, having PeCarroll on our staff might scare Saban into retiring after suffering a few ass beatings.

Archived