Greg Brown

auburn4ever

3 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

I wish we had Pete Carroll as our coach. I believe he's the only coach who can beat Saban every year or every other year. Heck, having PeCarroll on our staff might scare Saban into retiring after suffering a few ass beatings.

Greg Brown can run circles around PeCarroll

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/26/2017 at 8:33 AM, GwillMac6 said:

He was only a QB coach for tuskegee and FSU. EJ Manuel was a first round nfl draft pick under him and he was the sole reason Winston went to fsu.

So two first rounders,  and a heisman winner.  Pretty dang good. 

On 1/26/2017 at 9:33 AM, GwillMac6 said:

He was only a QB coach for tuskegee and FSU. EJ Manuel was a first round nfl draft pick under him and he was the sole reason Winston went to fsu.

So we're crediting Dcraig with Manuel... but I'd hope we're not actually crediting Jameis Winston's success to Dcraig? Right? 

52 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

So we're crediting Dcraig with Manuel... but I'd hope we're not actually crediting Jameis Winston's success to Dcraig? Right? 

I am crediting him for recruiting Winston. nothing wrong with that since its the truth right?

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I am crediting him for recruiting Winston. nothing wrong with that since its the truth right?

Nothing wrong with that, just making sure. 

On 1/26/2017 at 10:33 AM, augolf1716 said:

Greg Brown can run circles around PeCarroll

We will get Coach Dan Quinn as PeCarroll is now scared of Coach Quinn, so Saban will be Reeaally scared of him

1 hour ago, JFDTiger80 said:

I must be in the wrong thread. I thought there was a Greg Brown thread somewhere.

Hell that was over 3 days ago......................

On 1/26/2017 at 8:33 AM, GwillMac6 said:

D.C. was the QB coach in name only, there's a reason he's "coached" WRs since that move..

Jimbo coaches the QBs at FSU and always will...

On 1/27/2017 at 8:12 PM, Cozmo said:

D.C. was the QB coach in name only, there's a reason he's "coached" WRs since that move..

Yea, there's a reason he's coached receivers since that move... because it was the position that was available and everyone wants him as a recruiter.

this dude looks a little... GOOBERISH?! dare I say? haha. 

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

So are you saying Greg Brown has a chance ?

On 1/30/2017 at 10:20 AM, lionheartkc said:

Yea, there's a reason he's coached receivers since that move... because it was the position that was available and everyone wants him as a recruiter.

Exactly. 

11 minutes ago, AUMASTERS said:

So are you saying Greg Brown has a chance ?

if he had a blue blood on his shirt YES! haha but Auburn is as close to a blue blood without being one as one program can get so YES I AM!

4 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

You mean Goober Pyle?

What're you suggesting?

2 hours ago, AUinTLoosa said:

You mean Goober Pyle?

What're you suggesting?

where is the love button?

Interesting quote from Brown about Auburn...

“Aww, man, this place has got everything. It’s set up to do everything that you want to do, every goal, every aspiration as a coach, it’s right there in front of you. And I could not be happier. This is the most exciting move I’ve ever made, and I’m just bouncing off the ceilings.”

That's high praise from a guy who has coached as many places as he has... both NCAA and NFL.

On 2/4/2017 at 7:14 PM, AUinTLoosa said:

You mean Goober Pyle?

What're you suggesting?

More like Sargent Vince Carter

I enjoy the booth a lot in that I get to see all the routes/combinations and how my guys are playing them.  Its hard to see far side routes when on the sideline

49 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I enjoy the booth a lot in that I get to see all the routes/combinations and how my guys are playing them.  Its hard to see far side routes when on the sideline

Nearsighted 

“He wants you to get your fundamentals down to let athleticism take over,”

This is something I say a lot too, just in different terms.  "Get the basics, speed will come"

I love he stresses the fundamentals.  I expect a big jump in our secondary this year.

8 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Wow...that one was just bad.

I'm staying at a Holiday Inn Express what the hell do you expect. Not my usual Marriott with my room service Marriott Buger

Archived