Aaron Rodgers

GwillMac6

It is a pleasure to be watching the most talented QB in NFL history. I have only seen 2 players in my lifetime make the throws he does. Him and Dan Marino. UNREAL the dimes he throws on a weekly basis.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

:popcorn:

lol waiting on @aujeff11 for one of our patented pro sports debate?

7 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Figured so much but the most talented QB was 

notice I did NOT say greatest though.

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

It is a pleasure to be watching the most talented QB in NFL history. I have only seen 2 players in my lifetime make the throws he does. Him and Dan Marino. UNREAL the dimes he throws on a weekly basis.

Most talented QBs in the league that I have watched (27 years old) are:

1. Mike Vick- Everybody, young or old, white or black wanted to run like Vick. 

and

2.Cam Newton- Doesn't appear he is going to be Lebron James dominant as a world class physical specimen that he is, but maybe that goal is unachievable in the NFL. 

3. Aaron Rodgers is an incredible QB that has always been blessed with great receivers to throw to. And his mobility is very deceptive. He slides in and out of the pocket like Drew Brees but he is also a true threat of carrying the ball. With that said, it was earlier this year and people were already ready to write his career off. 

5 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Most talented QBs in the league that I have watched (27 years old) are:

1. Mike Vick- Everybody, young or old, white or black wanted to run like Vick. 

and

2.Cam Newton- Doesn't appear he is going to be Lebron James dominant as a world class physical specimen that he is, but maybe that goal is unachievable in the NFL. 

3. Aaron Rodgers is an incredible QB that has always been blessed with great receivers to throw to. And his mobility is very deceptive. He slides in and out of the pocket like Drew Brees but he is also a true threat of carrying the ball. With that said, it was earlier this year and people were already ready to write his career off. 

I agree completely on your assessment of Cam. NFL is impossible to dominate as a physical specimen. Especially as a Qb.

I will never be an Aaron Rodgers fan. He had a chance on the last drive of the game to beat USC in 2004 and send us to National Championship. He couldn't do it, and I've never forgiven him since. 

Just now, CameronCrazy said:

I will never be an Aaron Rodgers fan. He had a chance on the last drive of the game to beat USC in 2004 and send us to National Championship. He couldn't do it, and I've never forgiven him since. 

does this mean you will never be a fan of Qbs who also almost beat oklahoma in 04 as well?

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I agree completely on your assessment of Cam. NFL is impossible to dominate as a physical specimen. Especially as a Qb.

I kind of wonder if Cam represented the QB ceiling last year as far as being the most talented and being the most well-rounded and possessing all of the favorable physical attributes. 

Do you think another QB could be bigger and badder, just as fast, and just as good of an arm? Wonder if that's possible. Seems like any better and we would be talking about a fairy tale.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

does this mean you will never be a fan of Qbs who also almost beat oklahoma in 04 as well?

First of all, none of those QB's come to mind. Secondly, I would have much rather played Oklahoma on that night instead of USC. 

I vividly remember that Aaron Rodgers was 19-21 against that USC defense going into that last drive. Cal drove deep into USC territory (red zone maybe?) with a chance to win the game. Rodgers threw 3 or 4 straight incompletions including a near miss in the end zone that would have won that game. He appeared to fall apart when the game was on the line. He's clearly changed that perception in the NFL.

5 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

I'm sure he wanted to win that game too..

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I kind of wonder if Cam represented the QB ceiling last year as far as being the most talented and being the most well-rounded and possessing all of the favorable physical attributes. 

Do you think another QB could be bigger and badder, just as fast, and just as good of an arm? Wonder if that's possible. Seems like any better and we would be talking about a fairy tale.

There has been Qbs who are really fast but not anywhere as close to as strong. There has been Qbs who have been really strong but nowhere near as fast. Cam is the best of both worlds. I really fear we have seen the best we will ever see of him. DO you think he can top last year? He is just not a accurate passer.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

There has been Qbs who are really fast but not anywhere as close to as strong. There has been Qbs who have been really strong but nowhere near as fast. Cam is the best of both worlds. I really fear we have seen the best we will ever see of him. DO you think he can top last year? He is just not a accurate passer.

His mechanics are atrocious. Think his talent is his worst enemy and his GM is second worst enemy. He was my first round fantasy draft pick and he was the worst first round pick I've ever made and I usually do about three teams a year ?. Maybe I jinxed him I don't know.

I did read on another board that teams are also less scared of him running the ball against them when they blitz against him. They have figured out that most of Cam's runs do damage on called run plays not when the pocket breaks down. Thus, the defenses don't have to "pick their poison." 

9 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

His mechanics are atrocious. Think his talent is his worst enemy and his GM is second worst enemy. He was my first round fantasy draft pick and he was the worst first round pick I've ever made and I usually do about three teams a year ?. Maybe I jinxed him I don't know.

I did read on another board that teams are also less scared of him running the ball against them when they blitz against him. They have figured out that most of Cam's runs do damage on called run plays not when the pocket breaks down. Thus, the defenses don't have to "pick their poison." 

He has the footwork of jay cutler. It is terrible. I really feel or at least hope he just did less offseason work at the super bowl because he hosted that show and was probaly feeling himself more than usual and he thought man I AM MVP I don't need as much offseason work. And mike shula is his third offensive enemy. His best numbers are under chud when he was oc sans last year which is the exception not the rule with shula as OC. I feel the same way! I think he tries so hard not to bail even when he has a clear running lane because he wants to show people so bad he is a pocket passer. He makes the impossible throws and still routinely misses the easy ones. I hope he was humbled this season.

12 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Huh? The thread title is Aaron Rogers not Tom Brady. And this comes from a guy in me who can't stand Brady. Brady & Montana are 1A & 1B how ever you want to sort them. The rest are battling for 3rd. Heck  While I appreciate Rogers ability I don't even consider him the best Packer QB of all time. I would take Favre before Rogers.

7 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

notice I did NOT say greatest though.

I think all of Brady, Montana, Steve Young, Manning, & Elway were more talented in their Primes. I never saw Johnny U but he may be more talented too. I have rely on the ancirnts on the board like @augolf1716  on him though.

Manning is the greatest I ever watched. 

Young, Brady, Elway would be 2-3-4

Rodgers is good but he is same category as Big Ben...

and then comes the Eli & Rivers category of career Starters who have a few great seasons. 

Edit: I didn't watch Montana and Marino. 

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

Huh? The thread title is Aaron Rogers not Tom Brady. And this comes from a guy in me who can't stand Brady. Brady & Montana are 1A & 1B how ever you want to sort them. The rest are battling for 3rd. Heck  While I appreciate Rogers ability I don't even consider him the best Packer QB of all time. I would take Farve before Rogers.

Tom Brady might be the greatest QB ever but he isn't the most talented or athletic. He is a pocket passer much like Peyton Manning. 

Lol Aaron Rodgers is the most talented QB of all time and its not close. Ever wonder what Peyton Manning and Tom Brady would look like with wheels? Well Aaron Rodgers is it. Brady and Rodgers are much better than Manning and can make more throws than he could in to tight windows. They can make the more incredible throw as well. Mannings mind was his greatest strength. Not his arm. Rodgers extends the play better than any pocket passer in the history of the sport. People are getting caught up in rings. I think Montana is highly overrated. His numbers do not pop. SPARE ME the era he played in. He played with arguably not just the greatest WR ever but a top 3 coach all time in Bill Walsh and Rice was probaly the greatest football player we have ever seen. Brady, Rodgers, Manning and others I would all take over Montana. Football is the ultimate team sport. Rings is not the thing when judging who is the greatest. We only do that for Qbs as it is. Do we judge wrs,rbs and other positions based on rings? Nope. Brady gets the greatest coach in sports history for my money. NFL is the toughest sport to win at consistently out of all the leagues and wash rinse repeat Belichik does with different personel every year around brady. He has won with defense. He has won recently with offense. He can win with a ground game or the passing game. Incredible. Rodgers gets Mike McCarthy? lol ok. Favre? you mean the interception machine? No thanks. His packer career ended with a pick in the NFC title game and his first viking year which they SHOULD of won the super bowl ended in the same form and fashion in the nfc title game. That about sums up his career. No shock he has the most INTS of all time. Rodgers takes better care of the ball than any Qb the NFL has seen. his td to INT ratio is best of all time for a reason......................... Recruiting is your think E but pro sports is where I shine. WOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Nope! SMDH

And stopped reading right there.

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

aron Rodgers is the most talented QB of all time

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Nope! SMDH

And stopped reading right there.

listen be as condescending as you want in recruiting which you def do to people because thats your area of expertise but come on man this is MY FIELD where I shine. SHOW SOME RESPECT in my opinion.

6 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

listen be as condescending as you want in recruiting which you def do to people because thats your area of expertise but come on man this is MY FIELD where I shine. SHOW SOME RESPECT in my opinion.

There was nothing condascending about my post. Sorry It came across that way. I just didn't have time to go deeper at that moment.

AR is a great QB but there is absolutely no measure where he is clearly the best in history I guess besides INTs I guess which tells me he does not have the cajones to take big moment chances sometimes. To be the best & most talents you have to take those risks sometimes. He has a great and accurate arm but Marino, Favre, Elway, & Manning all were just as accurate but with even stronger arms. Then you also have the talent for clutch. Again AR is good there but not on Brady, Montana, Marino, Elway then Steve Young level.

Combining raw arm talent with strength, release speed, & being Mr Clutch IMO Dan Marino is the most raw talented QB of all time. Unfortunately for him Miami had a subpar D & runners through his whole career. Far less supporting cast than most of the all time greats.

And as you can clearly see I'm not caught up in rings having Marino #1.

On 1/8/2017 at 10:43 PM, GwillMac6 said:

giphy.gif

Archived