Aaron Rodgers

GwillMac6

2 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

giphy.gif

lol come on lion. we all love cam in here but he is not even a career 60% passer. He can make the amazing throw but missed a lot of the touch passes. Weird of you to show 1 pass and think you made a point!!! WHO ARE YOU THESE DAYS?! haha

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, GwillMac6 said:

lol come on lion. we all love cam in here but he is not even a career 60% passer. He can make the amazing throw but missed a lot of the touch passes. Weird of you to show 1 pass and think you made a point!!! WHO ARE YOU THESE DAYS?! haha

You have to admit... it's a crazy accurate pass. I'm not trying to say that Cam is a great passer... just pointing out that he can be accurate. And I kind of love that video, so it was a great opportunity to post it :)

Just now, lionheartkc said:

You have to admit... it's a crazy accurate pass. I'm not trying to say that Cam is a great passer... just pointing out that he can be accurate. And I kind of love that video, so it was a great opportunity to post it :)

52% completeion % this year. YIKES. HE CAN BE. but his bad footwork gets in the way a lot. It goes in to the theory he can make the amazing play anytime.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

52% completeion % this year. YIKES. HE CAN BE. but his bad footwork gets in the way a lot. It goes in to the theory he can make the amazing play anytime.

Yea... I can't say Shula has done a lot for his development since he jumped to the pros.  I would love to see him play for a team with a top notch QB coach and a head coach who cares to sign talent for the O-Line and receivers.

Just now, lionheartkc said:

Yea... I can't say Shula has done a lot for his development since he jumped to the pros.  I would love to see him play for a team with a top notch QB coach and a head coach who cares to sign talent for the O-Line and receivers.

you can't cheap out on your O LINE!!!! especially at the tackles and thats exactly what the panthers have done. He is running for his life back there. They finally get a high draft pick again but its in a terrible offensive tackle draft. I bet the panthers GM will just go defense again like he always does.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

you can't cheap out on your O LINE!!!! especially at the tackles and thats exactly what the panthers have done. He is running for his life back there. They finally get a high draft pick again but its in a terrible offensive tackle draft. I bet the panthers GM will just go defense again like he always does.

Free agency can't come soon enough for Cam.

15 hours ago, ellitor said:

There was nothing condascending about my post. Sorry It came across that way. I just didn't have time to go deeper at that moment.

AR is a great QB but there is absolutely no measure where he is clearly the best in history I guess besides INTs I guess which tells me he does not have the cajones to take big moment chances sometimes. To be the best & most talents you have to take those risks sometimes. He has a great and accurate arm but Marino, Favre, Elway, & Manning all were just as accurate but with even stronger arms. Then you also have the talent for clutch. Again AR is good there but not on Brady, Montana, Marino, Elway then Steve Young level.

Combining raw arm talent with strength, release speed, & being Mr Clutch IMO Dan Marino is the most raw talented QB of all time. Unfortunately for him Miami had a subpar D & runners through his whole career. Far less supporting cast than most of the all time greats.

And as you can clearly see I'm not caught up in rings having Marino #1.

Marino is my number 2 on most talented qbs of all time so we are not far off. You are so far off base thinking manning has a stronger arm than he does. Are you kidding me? Even before he became completely noodle arm he was throwing up ducks. We are very far off how we see Rodgers. He takes chances all the time he just  has the better accuracy to fit the football in to tighter windows that favre did not even though favre had comparable arm strength.

3 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Shula taught him how to read the defense and not try to go for the deep ball every time. 

On 1/9/2017 at 5:28 PM, GwillMac6 said:

listen be as condescending as you want in recruiting which you def do to people because thats your area of expertise but come on man this is MY FIELD where I shine. SHOW SOME RESPECT in my opinion.

How is this your field? NFL experience or just a guy that watches pro football? 

19 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

How is this your field? NFL experience or just a guy that watches pro football? 

I was def joking I guess I should of made that a LITTLE more clear muhhhhhhhhh bad. But I def think of myself as the czar of pro sports for the pro sports challenged good people of the south! haha you know what I mean! Some people down here are clueless if its not about college football.

19 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I was def joking I guess I should of made that a LITTLE more clear muhhhhhhhhh bad. But I def think of myself as the czar of pro sports for the pro sports challenged good people of the south! haha you know what I mean! Some people down here are clueless if its not about college football.

Oh it's cool, I was only asking because we do have posters here with varying ties to the league. One of the best things about this site is the variety of folks here and the expertise/experience that posters bring. 

I agree with the OP that Rodgers is one of the most talented to ever play the position. Most talented QBs will have great moments, games and even seasons but Rodgers, like Brady and Manning and others, has done it over a sustained period of time so lends itself to greatness. I'm biased because I've been a Packers fan since the 70s so I'm not a bandwagon Favre era fan. Favre was exciting and won a lot of games for GB but I'll take Rodgers over him because with Favre you could always count on the inevitable pick at the worst time or at least it seemed that way. Aaron protects the ball so much better. 

18 minutes ago, gr82be said:

I agree with the OP that Rodgers is one of the most talented to ever play the position. Most talented QBs will have great moments, games and even seasons but Rodgers, like Brady and Manning and others, has done it over a sustained period of time so lends itself to greatness. I'm biased because I've been a Packers fan since the 70s so I'm not a bandwagon Favre era fan. Favre was exciting and won a lot of games for GB but I'll take Rodgers over him because with Favre you could always count on the inevitable pick at the worst time or at least it seemed that way. Aaron protects the ball so much better. 

I THINK ( so dont hold this to me) he has the best td to int ratio % in NFL history! I am not a packer fan but Rodgers is my favorite nfl player!!! WOOOOOOOO!!!!!! nice to interact with ya. I do not have favorite pro teams just favorite players but if I did it would def be the packers because of the SUPERIOR A rod!!!

Rodgers is insanely talented at playing the quarterback position. He is playing at a level that is hard to comprehend. I've never seen anyone do what he can do. 

Also, there is a difference between general athletic talent and position specific talent. Vick and Cam are two of the most physically talented players I've ever watched play quarterback, but if I were building a team I'd pick Rogers over Vick 10/10 because he is more talented at actually playing the position. 10/10 over Cam at this point in his career too. There may be a point in Cam's career that I would consider differently. 

4 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Rodgers is insanely talented at playing the quarterback position. He is playing at a level that is hard to comprehend. I've never seen anyone do what he can do. 

Also, there is a difference between general athletic talent and position specific talent. Vick and Cam are two of the most physically talented players I've ever watched play quarterback, but if I were building a team I'd pick Rogers over Vick 10/10 because he is more talented at actually playing the position. 10/10 over Cam at this point in his career too. There may be a point in Cam's career that I would consider differently. 

He is making throws no one else in NFL history can besides marino. The degree of difficulty on that catch and throw on the 3rd and 20 yesterday was otherworldly.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

He is making throws no one else in NFL history can besides marino. The degree of difficulty on that catch and throw on the 3rd and 20 yesterday was otherworldly.

Yet he flicked it out there as if he were throwing it 10 yards. It was a 40 yard throw. I'm not old enough to have detailed memories of Marino, but I certainly can't recall seeing anyone else throw like he does. What's sick is how quick his release is. It's effortless, and he's accurate from just about any position on the field, from any arm angle. I think alot of people have a hard time appreciating how ridiculously good he is, because he makes it look SO easy. I watch him with utter fascination. Apparently so does Tom Brady. 

On 1/8/2017 at 10:26 PM, aujeff11 said:

Most talented QBs in the league that I have watched (27 years old) are:

1. Mike Vick- Everybody, young or old, white or black wanted to run like Vick. 

and

2.Cam Newton- Doesn't appear he is going to be Lebron James dominant as a world class physical specimen that he is, but maybe that goal is unachievable in the NFL. 

3. Aaron Rodgers is an incredible QB that has always been blessed with great receivers to throw to. And his mobility is very deceptive. He slides in and out of the pocket like Drew Brees but he is also a true threat of carrying the ball. With that said, it was earlier this year and people were already ready to write his career off. 

I see what you are getting at, but the way I look at it, talent doesn't just include physical talent, it includes being able to utilize it. Vick and Cam are both incredibly physically talented. I'd probably have them 1(a) and 1(b) on physical talent. But, I think Rodgers is much more talented at playing the position. Put it this way, if it were an auto race, Vick and Cam would be driving Ferraris and Rodgers would be driving a Mustang. Rodgers would outdrive both of them and win the race, simply because he's a more talented driver. 

On 1/8/2017 at 10:26 PM, aujeff11 said:

Most talented QBs in the league that I have watched (27 years old) are:

1. Mike Vick- Everybody, young or old, white or black wanted to run like Vick. 

and

2.Cam Newton- Doesn't appear he is going to be Lebron James dominant as a world class physical specimen that he is, but maybe that goal is unachievable in the NFL. 

3. Aaron Rodgers is an incredible QB that has always been blessed with great receivers to throw to. And his mobility is very deceptive. He slides in and out of the pocket like Drew Brees but he is also a true threat of carrying the ball. With that said, it was earlier this year and people were already ready to write his career off. 

Vick and Cam were/are both crazy good athletes. Cam is much more complete.

I have to argue that I do not believe Rodgers has been blessed with great receivers. He has a couple of Dion Branch's. I do not believe Jordy or Cobb could go many other places and have the same impact. Greg Jennings was the best he had for a short time - and that team won a super bowl. If he had Brown/OBJ/Julio/Hopkins/or even a guy like Allen Robinson I doubt they would have been merely a Wild Card team. If this team wins it all I think you can put Rodgers in there with Brady as a guy who can win it all with anyone around him.

7 minutes ago, AUcivE09 said:

I have to argue that I do not believe Rodgers has been blessed with great receivers. He has a couple of Dion Branch's. I do not believe Jordy or Cobb could go many other places and have the same impact. Greg Jennings was the best he had for a short time - and that team won a super bowl. If he had Brown/OBJ/Julio/Hopkins/or even a guy like Allen Robinson I doubt they would have been merely a Wild Card team. If this team wins it all I think you can put Rodgers in there with Brady as a guy who can win it all with anyone around him.

yup greg jennings did NOTHING after he left the pack and chased the money.

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Your way to young to know how well the Unitas of the league could throw a pass so I will let it slide.............:poke:

2 hours ago, AUcivE09 said:

Jordy Nelson is one of the best WR's in the NFL? He is a deep threat, gamechanger, and a possession receiver all into one. 

Randall Cobb is also very good as well. Been getting hurt the past two couple seasons though. Scouts once called him "a poor mans Percy Harvin" not realizing that it was Percy that would have the shortest career. You should know that Randall was actually really good since we got to watch him play like a beast against Auburn.

Davante Adams is a rising star as well. 

They were a wild card team because Rodgers was playing like s*** earlier.

23 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Your way to young to know how well the Unitas of the league could throw a pass so I will let it slide.............:poke:

lol I do not give a rip about that flat top wearing old dude!!! did he play against 1 athletic specimen?! How would he do in the league today you think?

6 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Jordy Nelson is one of the best WR's in the NFL? He is a deep threat, gamechanger, and a possession receiver all into one. 

Randall Cobb is also very good as well. Been getting hurt the past two couple seasons though. Scouts once called him "a poor mans Percy Harvin" not realizing that it was Percy that would have the shortest career. You should know that Randall was actually really good since we got to watch him play like a beast against Auburn.

Davante Adams is a rising star as well. 

They were a wild card team because Rodgers was playing like s*** earlier.

Whaaaaat?! Rodgers never played like crap this season. when was he?  The rest of the team was. Been the story of his whole career.   He would extend plays and keep the play alive for a ungodly amount of time and dudes were just not getting open. Jordy is legit but cobb and adams were exposed last season when they had to step up when jordy was out for the whole year and could not do it.

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol I do not give a rip about that flat top wearing old dude!!! did he play against 1 athletic specimen?! How would he do in the league today you think?

lol poor thing I see what your doing Rodgers sucks how does that work

Just now, augolf1716 said:

lol poor thing I see what your doing Rodgers sucks how does that work

about as well as people trying to downplay him and his talent last week! I love it. seems to be a good reverse jinx. Keep it up and maybe we will finally get to see Arod get that long awaited ring number 2!  WOOO!!! LETS GO! haha

Archived