Aaron Rodgers

GwillMac6

2 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

lol "people have opinions all the time." I can't recall Tom Brady ever giving another quarterback this sort of praise. 

Tom Brady is the GOAT. Tom is just sharing the praise. But yes, players always lavish praises on their opponents and teammates if asked by reporters.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tom is the accomplish Goat. I can admit that. I think we all can. I just think Rodgers has played the position at a higher level than anyone else. Just because Manning and favre have the most tds all time does not mean they are the 2 best qbs ever.

Just now, aujeff11 said:

Tom Brady has just about every record possible and he has many rings. Read it and weep bitches. 

exactly like I said accomplishment GOAT. Rodgers is the BOAT though.

Just now, aujeff11 said:

Tom Brady is the GOAT. Tom is just sharing the praise. But yes, players always lavish praises on their opponents and teammates if asked by reporters.

So he didn't mean it? Everything he said in that article is what it is - his perspective. He never said he was the greatest of all time. 

Brady is greater, I agree. I don't think it's close at this point. 

Just now, Barnacle said:

So he didn't mean it? Everything he said in that article is what it is - his perspective. He never said he was the greatest of all time. 

Brady is greater, I agree. I don't think it's close at this point. 

I think the PERCEPTION of brady is greater because of his resume. 

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

So he didn't mean it?

Possibly. Do you really think Brady stays up at night to watch Rodgers play too? I don't think Brady meant that either but he may. 

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

I think the PERCEPTION of brady is greater because of his resume. 

Brady is incredible. I'm not trying to discount that. He is an absolute insane competitor. I just think Rodgers is at this moment playing as well or better than anyone I've seen, including Brady. That doesn't make him greater than Brady. 

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

Possibly. Do you really think Brady stays up at night to watch Rodgers play too? I don't think Brady meant that either but he may. 

I don't know, he said it. I'm not knocking Brady though. 

Just now, Barnacle said:

Brady is incredible. I'm not trying to discount that. He is an absolute insane competitor. I just think Rodgers is at this moment playing as well or better than anyone I've seen, including Brady. That doesn't make him greater than Brady. 

Rodgers can do everything brady can do. Brady cannot do everything rodgers can do. Having said that I think brady is the second best all time so it sucks to argue so much against him. Makes me look like a hater.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Rodgers can do everything brady can do. Brady cannot do everything rodgers can do. Having said that I think brady is the second best all time so it sucks to argue so much against him. Makes me look like a hater.

Maybe. Brady is a better competitor in my mind and that's what has made him the best. I also think Brady has played at a higher level over his entire career. But, I can't recall anyone ever playing like Rodgers is right now. 

Wouldn't be surprised if Brady bests Rodgers in the Super Bowl, should that be the match up. 

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

Maybe. Brady is a better competitor in my mind and that's what has made him the best. I also think Brady has played at a higher level over his entire career. But, I can't recall anyone ever playing like Rodgers is right now. 

Wouldn't be surprised if Brady bests Rodgers in the Super Bowl, should that be the match up. 

I honestly think steelers take pats this weekend and falcons beat the pack. Falcons offense is unstoppable. they have the packers pass game right now with better wrs and 2 really good rbs.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

I honestly think steelers take pats this weekend and falcons beat the pack. Falcons offense is unstoppable. they have the packers pass game right now with better wrs and 2 really good rbs.

Going to be an awesome weekend! 

Just now, Barnacle said:

Going to be an awesome weekend! 

best titles games across the board in a long time on paper! I agree.

He is an excellent QB no doubt. I just need to see him elevate his team more for or have more clutch drives for my taste. I think that's fair to say even if people disagree.

10 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I honestly think steelers take pats this weekend and falcons beat the pack. Falcons offense is unstoppable when Julio is healthy. they have the packers pass game right now with better wrs and 2 really good rbs.

FIFY.

The Pack can easily win this game. They've played in the Dome already this year. The Pack had the Falcons on the ropes til the end. I do hope the Flying Falcons win though.

29 minutes ago, ellitor said:

He is an excellent QB no doubt. I just need to see him elevate his team more for or have more clutch drives for my taste. I think that's fair to say even if people disagree.

Since his game-winning Hail Mary on an untimed down in Detroit late in the 2015 season, Rodgers has completed five of his past seven passes traveling at least 30 yards downfield inside the final minute of one-score games. Those completions have gained 258 yards and two touchdowns.

19 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Since his game-winning Hail Mary on an untimed down in Detroit late in the 2015 season, Rodgers has completed five of his past seven passes traveling at least 30 yards downfield inside the final minute of one-score games. Those completions have gained 258 yards and two touchdowns.

I consider the hail mary thing a big fluke. I know Joe Buck slobbers all over about it but it's still straight up just plain ol lucky as hell to me & nothing is going to change my opinion on that.

57 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I consider the hail mary thing a big fluke. I know Joe Buck slobbers all over about it but it's still straight up just plain ol lucky as hell to me & nothing is going to change my opinion on that.

My opinion too. 

12 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

exactly like I said accomplishment GOAT. Rodgers is the BOAT though.

Ok so Brady is ? and Rodgers is ? 

19 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

yup greg jennings did NOTHING after he left the pack and chased the money.

The only thing I can say in his defense is that he was on the downside of his career with nagging injuries and went to.......the Vikings.

16 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Jordy Nelson is one of the best WR's in the NFL? He is a deep threat, gamechanger, and a possession receiver all into one. 

Randall Cobb is also very good as well. Been getting hurt the past two couple seasons though. Scouts once called him "a poor mans Percy Harvin" not realizing that it was Percy that would have the shortest career. You should know that Randall was actually really good since we got to watch him play like a beast against Auburn.

Davante Adams is a rising star as well. 

They were a wild card team because Rodgers was playing like s*** earlier.

Jordy is a deep threat and a possession guy - but he is not a game changer like Brown/Julio/OBJ. No way you replace those guys with Jordy and not notice.

I had this displeasure of watching Cobb whip us while a friend was visiting from Kentucky. That was a long long walk out of the stadium with her YELLING "C-A-T-S CATS CATS CATS" the whole way. I have watched several other college stars whip us too. Not saying he is not talented but you could easily replace him with a guy like Tyreek Hill.

Jury is still out on Davante, but I have hope he will develop into "that guy".

I actually agree with GWill that Rodgers along with the whole team where playing like crud. Hard to hit a covered receiver while running for your life with no run game support. That is where a guy like Antonio Brown is helpful.  =)  

Archived