Is this a bad time to be an Auburn Football/Basketball fan?

autigersj

2 hours ago, doc4aday said:

I feel your pain young grasshopper. Being an Auburn fan transcends anything a bammer could ever hope for. Life for a bammer is like a box of turds and you never know which one your gonna get.

Life for a bammer is like a box of turds; you know exactly what you are going to get ...

$#!+

Fixed it for you. ;)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I grew up in and around Birmingham in the 70's. I have lived through worse. Wore my Auburn shirts to school and got ridiculed every time. Was worth it then, and is worth it now. 

War Eagle!

I never understand posts like these....You want somebody else to validate is it a good time for YOU to be a fan for YOUR school? If they say yes or no then what's your next move?

19 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I never understand posts like these....You want somebody else to validate is it a good time for YOU to be a fan for YOUR school? If they say yes or no then what's your next move?

Okay...

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

punt

The one thing about being an Auburn fan is that it's never easy being an Auburn fan.  I still wouldn't have it any other way.

58 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

punt

Lol. Or I guess if it's a good time to be an Auburn fan you go for it?

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Oh you must be the op.....so what have you come up with? 

What I came up with is that I was annoyed with what I had seen from AU in the sugar bowl and seeing bball choke a game away to Georgia. Also, that was the day Bama played Clemson. That is about it. 

On 1/9/2017 at 9:15 AM, autigersj said:

Guys,

I am bummed out. At work all I hear is rolll tide from to another. "We will be fine with Sark, he likes to run the ball more". I have a couple of buddy's who are Texas and Tenn fans living in Alabama. We all say, this is worst it has been in our lives (we are relatively young). The gump fandom is at an all time nauseating high. The low football IQ from these people kill me!

From watching the end of this AU football season to seeing the basketball team just not put things together yet is disappointing. There has been alot of Gus/JJ/every QB on roster hate here lately. While I was happy to see the team go to the Sugar Bowl, I think we all know we weren't quite the caliber team to play in that bowl. I think our expectations get out of whack, We were picked last in our division and exceeded that and then it kinda crashed into the ground in awful way. Basketball feels the same way. 

Cmon softball, lets go win a title!!

Here is what I said. Maybe the thread should have been titled "Is this a frustrating time to be an Auburn fan?"

Though Auburn came away with a big win over LSU last night, it's been very hard to watch our 2 big sports programs. Basketball and football. I hope coach Pearl will get this team on the right track. Malzahn batter do the same with the football program. I believe 2017 will either make or break Gus' future on the Plains. It's up to him.

On 1/11/2017 at 6:43 PM, aujeff11 said:

Have not read the other opinions but I still think Auburn athletics is about to do big things.

Football- We have the talent and the QB to score TDs now. Will be more competitive against the better and more complete teams.

Men's Basketball- Foundation is set and our highly ranked players are learning how to win. 

Baseball- Less certainty. We did get a new video board though. Thanks Jay Jacobs

Softball- Our coach is elite and has made our program elite because of it.

I hear our women's basketball team is doing pretty good too. 

Coach Pearl is just lacking talent, The kids when they play can hang with the best of them. I hope we have learned and hit the turning point. I like what I see with the team.

On 1/20/2017 at 6:54 PM, AU-Allen said:

Coach Pearl is just lacking talent, The kids when they play can hang with the best of them. I hope we have learned and hit the turning point. I like what I see with the team.

Are you serious? You think we are lacking talent.  We have the first 2 5* recruits in AUBURN BASKETBALL HISTORY on this team.  We have ample talent.  We are LOADED with talent.  We just start 4 freshmen.   Oh, by the way, those 4 freshmen are 2nd in the country in combined points per game.  The #1 team for combined freshmen scoring: Kentucky.    How can anybody watch this team and say we are lacking talent?  That's just patently false.    Lacking experience, certainly, but definitely not talent.  It's probably the most talent our basketball program has had since 1998. 

1 hour ago, WarTiger said:

Are you serious? You think we are lacking talent.  We have the first 2 5* recruits in AUBURN BASKETBALL HISTORY on this team.  We have ample talent.  We are LOADED with talent.  We just start 4 freshmen.   Oh, by the way, those 4 freshmen are 2nd in the country in combined points per game.  The #1 team for combined freshmen scoring: Kentucky.    How can anybody watch this team and say we are lacking talent?  That's just patently false.    Lacking experience, certainly, but definitely not talent.  It's probably the most talent our basketball program has had since 1998. 

JMO but lots of people around here under-value experience....or what the lack of it does to a team.

On 1/20/2017 at 6:46 PM, aujeff11 said:

I hear our women's basketball team is doing pretty good too. 

Did you quote yourself and respond to it?  I thought that was really funny for some reason.  :lol:

if ur a sidewalk type that only watches when we win or started watching because we won a championship type of fan then it's a bad time. if ur a true fan there is never a bad time. it goes in cycles.

Archived