All things Bama lost the Natty thread (Merged)

tiger88

He takes a beating on these forums, but he was won my full respect. His post game interview after the NCG may be the best I've ever seen. His success story is rivaled by very few.  Now, he's slain the turds. 

Yes, he is a bammer. I hope he ends his career at Clemson. 

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Oh he is the future coach for the turds, no doubt about it

If that happens, I will not like him. Lol. 

He was a jerk yesterday and will be a jerk tomorrow 

3 hours ago, tiger88 said:

He takes a beating on these forums, but he was won my full respect. His post game interview after the NCG may be the best I've ever seen. His success story is rivaled by very few.  Now, he's slain the turds. 

Yes, he is a bammer. I hope he ends his career at Clemson. 

I have always liked him. His basically rags to riches story is inspirational. He has won like 48, or 49 games at Clemson in the last 4 years.

2 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

His post game antics after beating us in death valley in 2011 cost him dearly in my eyes. He'll never recover.

I even give him a pass on that one. If I had played at Auburn, and coached Auburn to end Alabama's winning streak I might have said something very similar. 

You can take the Coach out of uat but you can't take the uat out of Coach....and he is FULL of IT...

37 minutes ago, WarTim said:

You can take the Coach out of uat but you can't take the uat out of Coach....and he is FULL of IT...

And it should be that way. If I was the coach of Slippery Rock, I would still be an Auburn tiger at heart. 

24 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

And it should be that way. If I was the coach of Slippery Rock, I would still be an Auburn tiger at heart. 

No future in defending the unwashed mullets. JMHO ?

14 minutes ago, WarTim said:

No future in defending the unwashed mullets. JMHO ?

Ok brother, I'll give you that. I hate Bama with every fiber of my being, but not individual people. I admire Dabo for where he came from, and what he had accomplished. 

1 hour ago, Eagle-1 said:

Ok brother, I'll give you that. I hate Bama with every fiber of my being, but not individual people. I admire Dabo for where he came from, and what he had accomplished. 

Agree. I don't hate anyone. Maybe "highly dislike"....?

JMO but this game was just validation of what it means to have an exceptional QB.     DW was ,by far, the reason for that win....like Cam did in 2010....he made plays when it mattered.

48 minutes ago, AU64 said:

JMO but this game was just validation of what it means to have an exceptional QB.     DW was ,by far, the reason for that win....like Cam did in 2010....he made plays when it mattered.

There is some truth in that, but let's remember that lamar jackson won the Heisman and louisville finished rith 3 or 4 losses. 

5 minutes ago, tiger88 said:

There is some truth in that, but let's remember that lamar jackson won the Heisman and louisville finished rith 3 or 4 losses. 

Dumb voters IMO....were swayed by the media hype after LJ looked so good in early games.   

DW should have won it and proved it last night. Bama had the best team overall but Clemson had DW who would not be denied. 

5 minutes ago, tiger88 said:

This equates to the "stars don't matter crowd" when it comes to recruiting.  Stars DO matter but won't guarantee championships.   Having an exceptional QB DOES matter but doesn't mean the rest of the team is up to par.

3 hours ago, Eagle-1 said:

As most of us would be, but if you are a real professional you do not tell a national TV audience "Roll Tide" while coaching for another team as he did in their win over Auburn in 2011.  He is a tool and has too much Bama in him.  Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

3 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

As most of us would be, but if you are a real professional you do not tell a national TV audience "Roll Tide" while coaching for another team as he did in their win over Auburn in 2011.  He is a tool and has too much Bama in him.  Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

It was a dumb comment....but stuff like that happens...don't take it personally ..just admire the accomplishment this year. A great comeback to knock off the legend....gotta admire that if you love sports...JMO

Am I wrong for being salty because i think we should be in Clemson's position? Our rosters are very comparable outside of QB. In fact, I'd say if our mismanagement of QBs (in that we billed one of our QBs as the next Heisman winner) scared off top QB prospects because they didn't want to wait so long to get on the field. 

Whoa my intention was not this but after reading what I wrote it looks like one QB in particular, through lack of improvement and assessing this lack of improvement, set our program back and got it completely off schedule. Damn...

Hoping Stidham is as good as advertised because we can win the whole damn thing next year with elevated and healthy QB play considering the pieces around the QB

3 minutes ago, 1auburn1 said:

This equates to the "stars don't matter crowd" when it comes to recruiting.  Stars DO matter but won't guarantee championships.   Having an exceptional QB DOES matter but doesn't mean the rest of the team is up to par.

No, it doesn't equate to that at all. Not sure where you drew that conclusion from, lol.my point was that yes having an exceptional qb can matter, but it takes the entire team. 

For example, Williams had TWO exceptional catches on the last drive alone that few receivers make and forced bama into the PI call that set up the final td.

I would say DW is probably the biggest reason they won, but they probably lose Williams as well and maybe renfroe as well. They are stacked. They sent over half their d to the pros last year, reloaded their dl with freshmen and sophomores and got better as a unit.  

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I don't believe that you are wrong. Dabo is pure updyke through and through, make no mistake about that. After that 2011 game I put clempsom right next to mullet u at the bottom of my list. Not that I hate the purple tigers, just don't care for dabo at all.....he's classless, and he shown it more than once, and not just after beating Auburn. Have not pulled for them once since then, and will not till the dab is gone.

Just now, AU64 said:

It was a dumb comment....but stuff like that happens...don't take it personally ..just admire the accomplishment this year. A great comeback to knock off the legend....gotta admire that if you love sports...JMO

Oh, I don't take it personally. I just file it away as a personality flaw that will rear it's head in the future. It's also the reason I will dislike him when he takes the Bama job when Saban leaves.  It was a great win for him last night, it's always good to see Bama go down in defeat.

12 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Dumb voters IMO....were swayed by the media hype after LJ looked so good in early games.   

DW should have won it and proved it last night. Bama had the best team overall but Clemson had DW who would not be denied. 

I agree he is the best qb this year. However, their regular season and his stats are why he didn't win it. They really need to move the heisman voting back until after the bowls. 

Archived