MTV Writer Mocks Jeff Sessions’ Asian Granddaughter, Claims She’s Just a ‘Prop’

Auburn85

http://www.mediaite.com/online/mtv-writer-mocks-jeff-sessions-asian-granddaughter-claims-shes-just-prop/

After Alabama Senator Jeff Sessions was spotted with his Asian-American granddaughter while waiting to testify at his Tuesday confirmation hearing, MTV culture writer Ira Madison III joked that Sessions had stolen her from a Toys ‘R Us.

UPDATE (11:30 AM ET): The tweet has since been deleted.

ira

more at the link

10 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Are you saying that Jeff supports KKK?

USN probably believes these guys aren't Left wing props, being used to smear and troll Sessions.  Wonder what he'd say if a couple of guys dressed up in ISIS gear showed up to support Obama. 

14 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

USN probably believes these guys aren't Left wing props, being used to smear and troll Sessions.  Wonder what he'd say if a couple of guys dressed up in ISIS gear showed up to support Obama. 

blame it on Bush??

4 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

blame it on Bush??

Or a cartoon frog meme named Pepe 

An Asian-American has little value as an empathy prop. Everyone knows they are smarter and harder working than we are.  

Heck, Asian politicians probably use American kids as props.  ;D

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

I'm sure they simply couldn't find a babysitter.

Sorry, but what does that have to do w/ Session's family being insulted with the claim his granddaughter was a ' token ' and bought at Toys R Us ?? 

9 hours ago, AURaptor said:

Sorry, but what does that have to do w/ Session's family being insulted with the claim his granddaughter was a ' token ' and bought at Toys R Us ?? 

A babysitter for his granddaughter.   Get it?

22 minutes ago, homersapien said:

A babysitter for his granddaughter.   Get it?

No, not at all. I think you're the one not getting it. Sure, it's one thing to suggest the kid was being displayed , you know, to show Sessions as he ACTUALLY is. I get that. But to claim his family member was stolen from a Toy R Us, and for him to return it, wasn't in the least big going too far in your view, huh ?

Terrible. 

After Alabama Senator Jeff Sessions was spotted with his Asian-American granddaughter while waiting to testify at his Tuesday confirmation hearing, MTV culture writer Ira Madison III joked that Sessions had stolen her from a Toys ‘R Us.

Sessions, sir, kindly return this Asian baby to the Toys “R” Us you stole her from pic.twitter.com/SBkI3DWHZn

Ira Madison III (@ira) January 10, 2017

17 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

No, not at all. I think you're the one not getting it. Sure, it's one thing to suggest the kid was being displayed , you know, to show Sessions as he ACTUALLY is. I get that. But to claim his family member was stolen from a Toy R Us, and for him to return it, wasn't in the least big going too far in your view, huh ?

Terrible. 

After Alabama Senator Jeff Sessions was spotted with his Asian-American granddaughter while waiting to testify at his Tuesday confirmation hearing, MTV culture writer Ira Madison III joked that Sessions had stolen her from a Toys ‘R Us.

Sessions, sir, kindly return this Asian baby to the Toys “R” Us you stole her from pic.twitter.com/SBkI3DWHZn

Ira Madison III (@ira) January 10, 2017

Seriously, "culture writer" for MTV?

You are such a delicate little snowflake.   :laugh:

And the 180 has started...

Used to just be democrats you saw get pissy about jokes, now the poor republicans feelings get hurt soooo much.

You guys are in power now, learn to take a joke. :)

7 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

And the 180 has started...

Used to just be democrats you saw get pissy about jokes, now the poor republicans feelings get hurt soooo much.

You guys are in power now, learn to take a joke. :)

There was no joke here. It was flat out derogatory and meant to be exactly that. 

15 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Seriously, "culture writer" for MTV?

You are such a delicate little snowflake.   :laugh:

MTV are the snow flakes here, clueless. I'm not the one who came  up w/ the guys job title. 

MTV writer showed what an idiot he is. You don't go after kids or grand kids. It showed a total lack of class.

1 minute ago, AuburnNTexas said:

MTV writer showed what an idiot he is. You don't go after kids or grand kids. It showed a total lack of class.

I don't think that was going after the kid.

14 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Calling the Kid a Toys R Us Kid that is going after the Kid.  Most of the people who don't like Sessions took it that way to.

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

He was even cnn's jake tapper agreed. 

Disgusting tweet. The little girl is his granddaughter. Delete your account and find some humanity.

20 hours ago, AURaptor said:

There was no joke here. It was flat out derogatory and meant to be exactly that. 

It was obviously a joke man, maybe distasteful, but isn't that what MTV is supposed to be to adults? or that's how they used to be at least.

39 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

It was obviously a joke man, maybe distasteful, but isn't that what MTV is supposed to be to adults? or that's how they used to be at least.

MTV use to be about music, and videos. Martha Quinn and company generally stayed away from politics. Thats when MTV was its best. 

23 hours ago, AURaptor said:

He was even cnn's jake tapper agreed. 

Disgusting tweet. The little girl is his granddaughter. Delete your account and find some humanity.

Jake Tapper?  Who the hell is he?

For all I know he's just as crazy as you are.

9 hours ago, homersapien said:

Jake Tapper?  Who the hell is he?

For all I know he's just as crazy as you are.

Go back to sleep, gramps. 

The fact that you do not recognize a name of a prominent cablenews reporter who covers politics is sort of funny.  Further, that I gave you the man's name, and where he worked, should have clued you in at least a little. But instead of being curious in the least bit, you knee jerk react with a comment that  "...   he's just as crazy as you are. "

Homer, the inter-webs is your friend. Maybe you could've taken two seconds, or possibly three, four, or even five to look up this guy on Google/Bing.  

Sometimes it's not even fun, because you make it so damn easy. :roflol: !!!!

Good grief, I'll do your homework for you. THIS time. 

Jacob Paul "Jake" Tapper (born March 12, 1969) is an American journalist, cartoonist, and author. As of 2016, Tapper is the Chief Washington Correspondent for CNN, anchor of the CNN weekday television news show The Lead with Jake Tapper, and anchor of the CNN and CNN International Sunday morning affairs program State of the Union. In 2016, The Lead was honored with two National Headliner Awards: Best Newscast (Broadcast television networks, cable networks and syndicators) and Best Coverage of a Major News Event (Broadcast television networks, cable networks and syndicators newscast) for the show's coverage of the Paris terrorist attacks in 2015.[2]

Prior to working for CNN, Tapper worked for ABC News. The White House Correspondents' Association honored his work as Senior White House Correspondent with ABC News with three Merriman Smith Memorial Awards for broadcast journalism, an unprecedented three times in a row.[3][4][5]

Tapper contributed to the coverage of the inauguration of President Obama that earned an Emmy Award for Outstanding Live Coverage of a Current News Story. Tapper was part of a team that was awarded an Edward R. Murrow award for Video: Breaking News for "Target bin Laden: The Death of Public Enemy #1."

His book The Outpost: An Untold Story of American Valor debuted at Number 10 in November 2012 on the New York Times Bestseller list for hardback non-fiction. Tapper's book and his reporting on the veterans and troops were cited when the Congressional Medal of Honor Society awarded him the "Tex" McCrary Award for Excellence in Journalism.[6]

The Republican primary debate Tapper moderated in September 2015 drew more than 23 million viewers, making it the most-watched program in the history of CNN and the second-most watched primary debate ever.[7] He also moderated the March 10, 2016 Republican presidential debate in Miami, which drew almost 12 million viewers[8] and according to Variety "garnered acclaim for its substance."[9]

Archived