Null



tigerbrotha12

After Kentucky...

Recommended Posts

Auburn begins a stretch of games in which I think they can start to make up for some of these losses early on in SEC play. After Kentucky, AU plays host to LSU and Alabama. These are two teams that are not necessarily bad, but are winnable games at home. We then go to Sourh Carolina which will be a tough road game, but when that and the TCU game are done, we get Tennessee back on our home court and then Bama at their place- which again, are two games I feel we can win, especially if we have Purifoy back. If all goes according to plan, we could get ourselves back to .500 In the league by the time the Mississippi State Game in Auburn rolls around in the beginning of February. Get a big win over them, and it's a whole new team we're watching.

Not expecting for this team to turn a complete 180 all at once, just saying there is some opportunity ahead. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




We'll have to play a lot better than we did against Mizzou last night to beat LSU or bama. But I agree with the post that those are winnable games if we can play good basketball again. We need to win both those games to give ourselves a shot at a decent (around .500) sec record. I don't expect us to get to .500 in SEC play but we should be able to get close. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with your point. We have some very winnable games after Kentucky. I just hope Bruce lets the guys know not to get too demoralized if we get killed saturday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lets hope UK is very overconfident and spends Friday night partying hard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've already played and lost games that should have been totally winnable so unless we start to jell and grow up as a team, I don't really see much of a change-certainly not getting to .500. We could very well win a game or so but it's gonna take a lot to totally change the season me thinks. Hopefully we'll continue to improve and be ready to roll next year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NoALtiger said:

We could very well win a game or so but it's gonna take a lot to totally change the season me thinks. 

I don't think it's fair to this. I agree we won't get to .500 but I think we'll win around 7 games unless the team just quits 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, NoALtiger said:

We've already played and lost games that should have been totally winnable so unless we start to jell and grow up as a team, I don't really see much of a change-certainly not getting to .500. We could very well win a game or so but it's gonna take a lot to totally change the season me thinks. Hopefully we'll continue to improve and be ready to roll next year. 

If you think this team will maybe win "a game or so" you haven't been watching them. Talent alone will win them 3 more games. To get the 5 more it would take to be .500, it will all depend on how they learn to deal with the SEC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we beat LSU at least once, maybe twice, we should beat Mizzou at home, and I think we can get Bama once. I also think we may beat a few teams down the stretch we aren't supposed to beat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

If you think this team will maybe win "a game or so" you haven't been watching them. Talent alone will win them 3 more games. To get the 5 more it would take to be .500, it will all depend on how they learn to deal with the SEC

We shall see. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone think it's realistic for us to beat LSU and Bama this week? I think we can handle LSU but winning both will be tough

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, au302 said:

Anyone think it's realistic for us to beat LSU and Bama this week? I think we can handle LSU but winning both will be tough

We can definitely beat Bama. That's a huge weekend for our athletics as a whole & I think out team plays a great game as a whoie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, ellitor said:

We can definitely beat Bama. That's a huge weekend for our athletics as a whole & I think out team plays a great game as a whoie.

Agreed. I'm very anxious and excited for this coming week. Really need to go 2-0. If we pull this off beating South Carolina on the road will be tough but I honestly think we could give them a game 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we are going to steal one from somebody where we are pretty big underdogs. When our shooters are on we are incredibly hard to stop. I'm just hoping that when we have a poor shooting game we can overcome the shooting and pull it out like we did vs Missouri.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2017 at 10:36 AM, au302 said:

Anyone think it's realistic for us to beat LSU and Bama this week? I think we can handle LSU but winning both will be tough

I would expect us to be favored in both games. 7 or so vs LSU and .5-2.5 vs Alabama, right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now