Rolling Toomers after bammer loss

alexava

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

pretty lame IMO. would have been ok with it if we had at least won the game against them. Then i'd be ok with it. we lost to both teams playing in the championship. and here we are rolling trees cause we got nothing better to do. lol.. all in fun for the kids i guess.

I agree it was a lame move but you would think Birmingham's window to the world would have something more compelling to write about. Like how the turds choked against Clemson.

I think it is embarrassing. We should be bigger then that. We should take the high road. That being said, I'm they had a party in the streets when we lost to Oklahoma.

Are you folks that are condemning this  the same folks that want to come on here every week and compare how we are not doing as good as the turds. In short screw you. I am all for celebrating anything bad that happens to the turds. Heck I would even show up for a Clemson victory parade in Auburn. Nothing I hate more than uat and their toothless fans, except uat wanna be fans that claim to be AU fans.WDE

1 hour ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Are you folks that are condemning this  the same folks that want to come on here every week and compare how we are not doing as good as the turds. In short screw you. I am all for celebrating anything bad that happens to the turds. Heck I would even show up for a Clemson victory parade in Auburn. Nothing I hate more than uat and their toothless fans, except uat wanna be fans that claim to be AU fans.WDE

Don't sugar coat it eagle eye, how do you really feel?

19 hours ago, grandpajay said:

No, I remember "Roll Ducks Roll" t-shirts in 2010. All my Bama friends bought them. I thought that was classless so this is just a little payback. 

Always remember, always remind. "Roll Ducks Roll" signs at the Outback Bowl. "I Hate Auburn" signs at this year's CFP NC game.

Regarding the 2010 season BCS NC game, I was in line to enter the stadium, and there was a 85 percenter in his late 20s in front of me wearing a yellow Oregon Ducks t-shirt and a crimson UAT hat. I said a friendly manner "Ducks shirt, Bama hat, you seem a little conflicted." The 85 percenter responded--angrily spitted would be more accurate--in a deep southern accent, while pointing to his hat "Last year's national champion", then pointing to his shirt "This year's national champion".

I spent $750/ticket for Uecker seats to that game. About a week later, StubHub emailed me to buy the tickets back at twice the price. Yes, prices fell as the game got close, and Snowmageddon may have caused some to dump their tickets late. But it was not a cheap ticket. The idea some under 30 Bammer hated Auburn so much he would pay a grand for a ticket, plus the travel and lodging costs to go to a Natty Auburn was playing in in hope of seeing Auburn lose stunned me. It is why nothing ever surprises me with Bammers. It was a couple of weeks later that Updyke called Finebaum. People were shocked. I wasn't. I couldn't be. This is who the 85% are.

11 hours ago, johnnyAU said:

I understand it could happen due to the nature of what Updyke did to the trees, but it was in bad form IMO.

Only should be rolled for Auburn wins.

Agree. It cheapens the tradition to roll it for presidential elections, Bama losses, etc. It feeds lies like we rolled the trees when Bear Bryant died. Regarding that false legend, I had one Bammer tell me "I don't care if it's true or not, I believe it." That was his exact quote on Facebook. Bammers are members of a cult.

I can see where this will give the turds fodder to use against us to try and make us look bad or retaliate...But to worry about what they think or might do after that, kinda has that "owned" feeling, so I refuse to be concerned!!

Not very classy on our part but I get it.  Since when have fans of any team been 100% classy? 

Overall, this is not that big of a deal.  It's a rivalry and this is sports...

I probably would have done it while back in school at Auburn, but after being 15 years removed and a wee bit older I would not now.  

I don't like it at all. I hated it when some rolled the trees when Trump won. You make a mockery of our tradition by rolling the trees for things that have zero connections to Auburn. And when it's Bama related, you make it even worse.

And a huge THANKS to SDS for using a picture of a fully rolled Toomer's to go along with that headline so that all the Bammers could go nuts over it without actually clicking the article and seeing the actual sparsely rolled trees. :angry:

When my snarky bama co-workers brought this to my attention I just told them it was Clemson fans who did the rolling.  We just let them borrow our tree.  The look on their faces was priceless. 

Count me in with those who say this should be reserved for when Auburn does something well. 

I remember they had a campaign to roll our trees with crimson toilet paper after they beat us in the IB following the Updyke deal.  Only one of them actually tried it, but that goes to show you their lack of class and the fact that we need to be above it. 

12 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

You know.  I don't Think I've ever compared us to the turds.

I don't Think I nor anyone on here actually condemned the rolling.   I did say it was embarassing, and I still think it is. Others said the same.

I durn well know I've never attacked anyone although I have disagreed with them.  We are all free to have our own opinions whether they are right or wrong. I've also never failed to stand up for myself at any time in my life. So when someone say screw  you ( basically saying **** you with a language change) then yea I got issues with it.  I will compare your statements to a turd fan. You would fit In well with them.  Same mentality.  

So if you want to say those words to my face  come to Huntsville and tell me. Even if I get my butt kicked I'll go down swinging . 

Everyone on this board who roots for Auburn deserves more than what you just gave them.  

I say let the college kids have their fun.  It only feeds into the history of the rivalry.  It's almost like the end of Return of the Jedi...party on Endor after the Death Star was destroyed...again.  Kind of...maybe not.

6 hours ago, AUBigE07 said:

I say let the college kids have their fun.  It only feeds into the history of the rivalry.  It's almost like the end of Return of the Jedi...party on Endor after the Death Star was destroyed...again.  Kind of...maybe not.

And when that long awaited death sentence comes from the NCAA... Roll away. Otherwise rolling when another team does what we couldn't is kind of sad...

39 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

And when that long awaited death sentence comes from the NCAA... Roll away. Otherwise rolling when another team does what we couldn't is kind of sad...

Well, historically, only one team in the country beats uat more often than we do.  So, saying "what we couldn't do" is a bit dramatic.  We've done it plenty. 

4 hours ago, WarTiger said:

Well, historically, only one team in the country beats uat more often than we do.  So, saying "what we couldn't do" is a bit dramatic.  We've done it plenty. 

Ok... what we couldn't do this year.

I went to the game in Tampa with a Clemson friend of mine. I dressed appropriately for the game. Alot of Bama fans asked who I was cheering for and my response was "go Tigers". The looks on their faces was priceless for me. They couldn't believe an Auburn fan would not pull for Bama. To watch the game end in the way it did was AUsome. So when I heard that the trees were rolled, it was icing on the cake for me. What a great week.

For those who think rolling the trees at Toomer's was less than dignified after the turds choked after losing to Clemson Monday night, check out what Barkley did on the TNT broadcast Monday night. It's on al.com, the Auburn page.

A few Auburn fans didn't specifically roll Toomers because Bama lost to Clemson. Or because they were finally beat.

A few Auburn fans rolled it because the rival lost the championship game.  They olled the trees because their rival fell hard on its biggest stage. That's a pretty big deal to some Auburn fans. I don't see anything embarrassing about it. It's a rivalry.

Definitely to the ones that heard "at least when we make it to the championship game, we win." Let's not pretend that the team in west Vance that has won a championship four times in eight years doesn't celebrate over our losses. 

"Hanging over the corner are two massive old-growth southern live oak trees, and anytime anything good happens concerning Auburn, toilet paper can usually be found hanging from the trees. Also known as "rolling the corner", this tradition is thought to have originated in the 1950s to celebrate away victories; however, in recent years it has become a way to celebrate anything good that happens concerning Auburn."

Archived