Rolling Toomers after bammer loss

alexava

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait until Saban retires.  To the OP, yea I am, I would hope we could have restrained a bit.  However, it is college students we're talking about.

10 minutes ago, alexava said:

Is anyone else a little disappointed maybe embarrassed by this?

Very disappointing... though not surprising with the current generation.

A little disappointed, but very little. This event doesn't even register compared to updike, teabagger, flying mom or the preacher man pregame from the other side.

Doesn't bother me.

If bammer ever got truly investigated and rec'd the death penalty the trees would probably fall over from the weight of all the TP.

College kids throwing TP on thier schools trees. 

Grown man poisoning another schools trees. 

I don't love the fact they were rolled, but also don't love the fact I have to wait until 12 to eat. 

44 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I started at Auburn in 1969 that year Vanderbilt beat bama we celebrated and rolled Toomer's corner. It isn't generational it is college students of all generations.

Just now, AuburnNTexas said:

I started at Auburn in 1969 that year Vanderbilt beat bama we celebrated and rolled Toomer's corner. It isn't generational it is college students of all generations.

I know my generation would have never rolled Toomers for a bama loss, unless it was in the iron bowl. It's a total "little brother" move. Of course the current generation and 1969 have a lot in common. Both are protest generations.

2 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I know my generation would have never rolled Toomers for a bama loss, unless it was in the iron bowl. It's a total "little brother" move. Of course the current generation and 1969 have a lot in common. Both are protest generations.

LOL

1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

Truly, mature beyond your years.

Welcome to the "get off my lawn" generation.

3 minutes ago, AUinTLoosa said:

Truly, mature beyond your years.

Welcome to the "get off my lawn" generation.

I'm only a charter member... my wife actually holds the card (just ask any poor kid who tries to play in our yard).

No, I remember "Roll Ducks Roll" t-shirts in 2010. All my Bama friends bought them. I thought that was classless so this is just a little payback. 

35 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I'm only a charter member... my wife actually holds the card (just ask any poor kid who tries to play in our yard).

I've learned that, sometimes,

It's not the years, it's the mileage.

They could just be celebrating the end of the current football season, which signals the beginning of a season with a lot of winning at AUB -- Softball!!

2 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

If bammer ever got truly investigated and rec'd the death penalty the trees would probably fall over from the weight of all the TP.

I'm not pleased with what they did the other night, but I'd be throwing 'bows to get to the front of the line for this. 

IMHO, Rolling should be for Auburn good things (not someone else's bad thing).  Slightly embarrassed by it.  But I also don't think it should have been rolled after the election.  Let's keep it to when AU does something worthy of positive recognition.

Archived