Rolling Toomers after bammer loss

alexava

8 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

A few Auburn fans didn't specifically roll Toomers because Bama lost to Clemson. Or because they were finally beat.

A few Auburn fans rolled it because the rival lost the championship game.  They olled the trees because their rival fell hard on its biggest stage. That's a pretty big deal to some Auburn fans. I don't see anything embarrassing about it. It's a rivalry.

Definitely to the ones that heard "at least when we make it to the championship game, we win." Let's not pretend that the team in west Vance that has won a championship four times in eight years doesn't celebrate over our losses. 

"Hanging over the corner are two massive old-growth southern live oak trees, and anytime anything good happens concerning Auburn, toilet paper can usually be found hanging from the trees. Also known as "rolling the corner", this tradition is thought to have originated in the 1950s to celebrate away victories; however, in recent years it has become a way to celebrate anything good that happens concerning Auburn."

So  (sorry) So, please remind me again, what happened?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I truly see nothing wrong with fans rolling Toomer's after Clemson won the national championship over uat. I bet you their fans throw some kinda of party after our bowl loss.

This whole thing is such a non-story. I'm sick of hearing people on talk radio and elsewhere discuss this as if it is indicative of the behavior of Auburn fans as a whole. It was a tiny handful of likely intoxicated college students. Just look at the following images for a little context.

Auburn wins NC:

maxresdefault.jpg

Alabama loses NC:

C1yWk_1XAAAFtUc.jpg:large

Give me a break...

3 hours ago, BornAU76 said:

There were more AU fans rolling the trees after this Natty loss than there were turd fans to greet their team when they arrived home...

You know I actually read a comment by a turd fan saying he was mad at the 12 who showed up for the their  return. Said the team should know that finishing second just didn't count for anything. LOL . That is why I hate those folks so much. They are so full of crap they pollute the whole universe. This fan probably did not even graduate HS must less attend college like these guys. Just listening to their fan base make me glad to be an Auburn Tiger every day. WDE

Archived