Rhett leaves AU / New OC discussion (Merged)

auburnphan

Just now, WarTiger said:

There's no way in hell saban would recruit as well at Auburn as he does at uat.   If that were true, why didn't he recruit like he's doing now when he was at LSU?  Or, why didn't he recruit like this at Michigan State?    He didn't because he doesn't have a group/organization of people behind the scenes that were willing to sacrifice their integrity and ethics to get saban the players he needs to win.  Without that organization supporting that program, he's an average coach at best and all you have to do is look at his records for his other coaching stops to prove it.

You have reading comprehension problems. My post answered all of your questions.  Please go back, read again and comprehend.   Thanks.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't get me wrong, Saban is a tremendous program builder and CEO. I think He does a great job communicating his vision and allowing his coaches to fulfill that vision. I also think he is an unbelievable defrnsive mind that has revolutionized that side if the ball. His LSU playbook is one of  the bibles to defensive coaches. All that said, I don't think he is an effective game day coach and I believe his success at Bama is skewed due to the REC and NCAA overwatch.

1 hour ago, AUinfusion said:

Yeah, I keep thinking that the original "Lashlee is out at the end of the year" rumors, months ago, were accompanied by the "Briles is in" rumors. Based on that, I was fully expecting one of the Briles to be our next OC. That door seems to have been closed, now. Worst case scenario is that the plan all along was to get Briles, and the plan got shot down at the last second by someone in compliance or a power broker, leaving us with no plan at all. You know that Gus has known about Rhett leaving for quite some time now.

Agreed,  Gus has not got Saban power on the plains.  He should hire the best guy no matter who it offends or who or how it looks.  If Auburn is looking for the perfect man, I hate it noboby is perfect and mistakes can be learned from.  

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Don't get me wrong, Saban is a tremendous program builder and CEO. I think He does a great job communicating his vision and allowing his coaches to fulfill that vision. I also think he is an unbelievable defrnsive mind that has revolutionized that side if the ball. His LSU playbook is one of  the bibles to defensive coaches. All that said, I don't think he is an effective game day coach and I believe his success at Bama is skewed due to the REC and NCAA overwatch.

I agree that he is not a great game day coach.  I agree that his success at bama is skewed due to the REC being better at cheating than our boosters.  The NCAA overwatch is a crutch.  The NCAA has no teeth any more.  It is the wild west.  

wde

Ok Guys help me out here, as I'm about as confused as I was the day I found out I couldn't keep my doctor, or my plan. 4 years ago we hire a head coach because he was an offensive guru. This season he was going to be more hands on, then he wasn't. He turns the offense over to his protege, who runs said guru's offense. Now that protege has been forced out to take a step down job at U Conn. If I am to believe some of the posters on this very site, our only problem with the offense has been keeping the starter healthy, and QB depth. Those issues seem to be resolved for next season, so my question is why do we need to change OC when we supposedly had the most prolific offense in the SEC until Sean White got injured? It's like every thing else imminating  from the Auburn athletic dept for the last few years, it makes no damn sense.This is either another one of Gus 's logic defying decisions, or more meddling by the good ole boy Auburn network. Either way, it ain't good.

Auburn has had top 10 recruiting classes every year under Gus! GUS MALZAHN of all coaches. He has been a letdown with all of said talent in all but 1 season. With Saban we would have top 5 classes every year. We would not have the top class almost every year like he has done at bama I will give you that. Saban won a national title and multiple sec titles at LSU. His talent helped that goofy dude les miles win a natty with mainly players he recruited. To knock what he did at lsu is ridiculous. He rebuilt that program from the ground up. Does anyone remember how bad Dinardo left it? I agree he is not the best game day coach but the "process" is all about accumulating the most talent so gameday is the easiest part of said process. He usually never has to make tough calls on gameday because he is blowing the other team out most of the time. Yah we cannot do what bama does and get away with it BUT we can be a perennial top 10 program who wins championships every so often. If Gene Chizik and Gus Malzahn can win a championship of some kind at AU and terry bowden can go undefeated no telling what AU can actually do with a GOOD coach.

By the way, Dan Werner needs a job. I realize he was fired last month by Freeze, a move I will never understand, offense was not their problem.  His resume is head and shoulders above any of our current candidates. 

1 minute ago, Eagle-1 said:

By the way, Dan Werner needs a job. I realize he was fired last month by Freeze, a move I will never understand, offense was not their problem.  His resume is head and shoulders above any of our current candidates. 

I think he was let go because of the ncaa cloud.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

I think he was let go because of the ncaa cloud.

I've done a little research, and can find nothing linking him to any of the wrongdoing at Ole Miss. Maybe I missed something? 

Just now, Eagle-1 said:

I've done a little research, and can find nothing linking him to any of the wrongdoing at Ole Miss. Maybe I missed something? 

thats what I thought I read on the ole miss board when it happened. Have not heard anything about it since.

7 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

If you hollar out "Armando" in a Miami mall, you'll probably get 10 replies.

He looks just like my great aunt Gussy Rose who lived from 1886 till 1938

6 hours ago, tigeraddikt said:

Vernon Adams

Hey tigeraddikt, you are not the poster on Al.com as Memphis22 ? Please tell me no.

1 hour ago, Eagle-1 said:

DW sounds interesting but he coaches mainly pro style play.  What type of qb style are we hunting for these days ?  l forget.  lol

9 minutes ago, Elephant Tipper said:

DW sounds interesting but he coaches mainly pro style play.  What type of qb style are we hunting for these days ?  l forget.  lol

I haven't a clue!

Just now, Eagle-1 said:

I haven't a clue!

hopefully the one that WORKS

I think it might be a good idea for every 3 pages on this thread there is a recap of those pages.  No idea how that would happen but I feel like I blink and there are 150 more posts.  Somehow I see we are talking about Saban recruiting at Auburn and something about Ole Miss.  Ain't nobody got time to read all of that!:cheers:

Just now, abw0004 said:

I think it might be a good idea for every 3 pages on this thread there is a recap of those pages.  No idea how that would happen but I feel like I blink and there are 150 more posts.  Somehow I see we are talking about Saban recruiting at Auburn and something about Ole Miss.  Ain't nobody got time to read all of that!

its the off season! you most certainly do sir!

SO everyone make your guess what page will we be on when a OC is finally named? I say 61.

Archived