Rhett leaves AU / New OC discussion (Merged)

auburnphan

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

And... in a new twist... Rhett just hired J.B. Grimes...

I guess Fickell did not retain him at Cincy....Uconn might be working with something....might have to keep my eye on them.

4 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

I guess Fickell did not retain him at Cincy....Uconn might be working with something....might have to keep my eye on them.

I would think that Lashlee was totally responsibility for bringing Grimes on board given their prior relationship at AU. That will help him for sure in his offense...

Just now, PoetTiger said:

I'm not going to worry about UConn unless they announce Craig as their QB coach.  Then all kinds of questions will arise.

Just now, dmoney said:

im guessing by the last 3 pages, there'sno info on the New OC.. 

At this point, you're better of waiting for a "____ hired as AU's new OC" thread than you are coming here for new info. Now if you want to banter about could be's or wish we'ds, pull up a chair.

15 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Dude thats so like 5 pages ago.  Lol

Oops... fast forwarded to the end, assuming there was no relevant news over the weekend.  My mistake.

2 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

At this point, you're better of waiting for a "____ hired as AU's new OC" thread than you are coming here for new info. Now if you want to banter about could be's or wish we'ds, pull up a chair.

lmao... you are correct.... :Sing:

100% unrelated to the topic of the thread, but I laughed at this and immediately thought of this forum:

1 minute ago, johnnyAU said:

We're gonna pull another genius move and wait until after NSD to hire the new OC.   :ucrazy:  :)~

I don't see it affecting any of our remaining offensive targets because I'm sure they already know the plans. We just won't get any of the new OC's ride-alongs...and it's not guaranteed we'd get any of those either.

What about Steve Spurrier Jr.? Has a pedigree name. Coached up some good players. Might be malleable enough for Gus's liking. Thoughts? Also, he was part of the WKU offense that was #2 in the country this year.

1 hour ago, auburnphan said:

Agreed, you gotta have the Bruce Pearl personality/appeal to over come the crap they will do

It helps that Bruce is a basketball coach,the turds don't really care if we win in BB as long as we don't win in football.

1 minute ago, kd4au said:

It helps that Bruce is a basketball coach,the turds don't really care if we win in BB as long as we don't win in football.

They will once our program is on solid footing and Bruce is smacking Avery Johnson 2x a year

7 minutes ago, nutspanther said:

What about Steve Spurrier Jr.? Has a pedigree name. Coached up some good players. Might be malleable enough for Gus's liking. Thoughts? Also, he was part of the WKU offense that was #2 in the country this year.

Spurrier, Jr worked in an off-the-field position for Oklahoma in 2016. Joined Western Kentucky in Dec 2016.

http://www.thestate.com/sports/college/university-of-south-carolina/usc-football/article123275759.html

1 minute ago, Tiger said:

They will once our program is on solid footing and Bruce is smacking Avery Johnson 2x a year

yeah but not as much as if we were beating that ass every year in football.

27 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

We're gonna pull another genius move and wait until after NSD to hire the new OC.   :ucrazy:  :)~

For all we know, might be a smart move?

Just now, aufan57 said:

Spurrier, Jr worked in an off-the-field position for Oklahoma in 2016. Joined Western Kentucky in Dec 2016.

http://www.thestate.com/sports/college/university-of-south-carolina/usc-football/article123275759.html

Ah, good to know. He didn't contribute to WKU offense. Forgot that he was a consultant to Oklahoma and Lincoln Riley, whose offense took us apart this year. -1 and a +1.

3 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

In order to answer that, one would have to know who the possible candidates are... as of yet, the only people who know that are Gus, the AD, and whoever they have confided in... none of whom post here.

how did you make out with the ice storm?

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

KB had full support until JJ read a few tweets.

I didn't know JJ could read!

Archived