Rhett leaves AU / New OC discussion (Merged)

auburnphan

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Ha, I thought the same thing....many,many,many pages ago. Of course, I topped my prediction off with the fact that Gus would then call it a day and head over the Waffle House for a fine plate of steak and eggs. :)

Stop being silly....I mean he could have this already. What makes you think Hand will be the OC?

Would you rather..... hire a OC while turning every stone to get the right one or rush hire and replace the whole staff (AGAIN!?!?). I don't see any problem taking time in hiring the right guy for our system/players. Most coaches are looking for stability and right now there is no guarantee at Auburn. So, no worries from me....yet.

As always, War Eagle! And IGTBAAT! 

7 minutes ago, AUTIGERinSC said:

Something I've seen a few times in these searches is that they always seem to drop a turd name before the real announcement. I think this is an actual strategy that works. Mazzone for instance. Your thinking why the hell.. but at the same time you resigned to the fact of mediocracy and Mazzone gets a raise. So the bar is set at Mazzone. Then it only gets better from there. 

Ellis and Muschamp were the hottest names at the time we were looking and we landed both. I think Malzhan will get his Guy and errybody will be happy and drunk. 

That's commonly referred to as the "Overton Window" in politics. 

4 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

that would mean one guy was making the decision to push the button.............ugghhh

You really don't push a buttom it more of a flip then push.......

In spite of what some on here think we can't just go out and hire anybody we want. I've heard that some "fans" have put the word out that Gus will be gone if we don't win at least 10 games next year. So why would a top OC  leave a good secure job (if there is any such thing) to jump into the frying pan?  Nobody wants a goober for OC. A young hot sexy up and comer is always in demand. Personally I think we could do a lot worse than Chip Lindsey, but I'll support Gus's guy whoever it is.  We just needed a change even if it's not an upgrade.

May be the Crown Royal talking, but is there any chance it Really is Briles and the  entire show has been smokescreen while AU lawyers do Do Diligence at Baylor on investigation documents.  I mean we really can't appear to be this incompetent without a concerted effort can we ?

52 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Stop being silly....I mean he could have this already. What makes you think Hand will be the OC?

We would have known days ago if Gus was going to make Herbie the OC. I still think that Gus has his guy and will let us know sometimes the weekend.

I have refrained from posting in this thread this far. Haven't even read half of it. Most know I have been a Gus supporter. If he hires Noel Mazzone you will see me puke on his sweater vest. 

8 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Time to fire up the BBQ. 

I'm assuming you no longer have any more inside information.  Shame I used to like your updates now anyone with a 247 subscription has the same info.  

12 minutes ago, alexava said:

I have refrained from posting in this thread this far. Haven't even read half of it. Most know I have been a Gus supporter. If he hires Noel Mazzone you will see me puke on his sweater vest. 

I doubt that it will be noel or Leon spelled backwards or sideways. When I was a kid, we used to find houses during the Christmas season that had big letters in their front yard that spelled Noel. We would rearrange the letters to say Leon. We never got caught and sometimes it would be a couple of days before the folks realized what had happen. My best friend in 3rd grade was named Leon Perkins. He was a certified "Goober" and proudly wore this badge with honor. He was killed in Vietnam in 1969 serving in the US  Army just 2 weeks from when he first got to Nam as a green PFC. I still am touched by his willingness to sign up for the Army in that he likely would not have been drafted. I would be willing to bet that Leon would tell Gus to stay away from Noel. May God rest his soul forever.

May I ask, what are we going to do once we know who the new OC will be? The excitement or whatever you call it, will pass away.

3 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

May I ask, what are we going to do once we know who the new OC will be? The excitement or whatever you call it, will pass away.

No the "why can't we recruit 10 5* recruits" crowd will come out just in time for signing day. You forget Auburn has the worst coaching staff in the country

1 hour ago, PoetTiger said:

Silly as the litany of other names thrown out here based off of nothing more than rumors, wishes, and sheer blind guesses? Now I really wouldn't put my hard earned money down on it or anything because surely he'll bring someone from somewhere to take this job, but if gets down close enough to the bottom of the barrel, sure, why not. 

Archived