Rhett leaves AU / New OC discussion (Merged)

auburnphan

“It’s probably one of the hardest decisions I’ve made, definitely in my professional career,” Lashlee said. “Auburn’s very dear to us. I’ve spent a total of six years here, two different times. All four of our kids were born here. We just love everything about Auburn. The Auburn family is always going to be very dear to us and a part of us.

“The opportunity to work for Randy Edsall, who has had success at a high level and success at UConn, and just have the opportunity to run the offense, and that’s something he’s given me to do. I’m grateful for that.

“I’m obviously very close with Coach Malzahn. Our relationship will always be good. He’s been very supportive. I’m very appreciative to him for the opportunity he gave me at Auburn.”

“I look back on the things we accomplished at Auburn,” Lashlee said. “I’m really happy that we were able to win two SEC championships and play for two national titles. We did a lot of good things.

“Didn’t end the season the way we wanted, but I think things are set up as good as they can be moving forward. I feel really good about the staff, and really just the offensive personnel that’s in place going into next year. I think it’s set up for Auburn to have a big year.”

http://www.auburntigers.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/011117aac.html

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know what to think about this. So much positivity and negativity can be drawn from this.

Cyanara Gatewood for one. This isn't cool. 

Just now, aujeff11 said:

Don't know what to think about this. So much positivity and negativity can be drawn from this.

Cyanara Gatewood for one. This isn't cool. 

Yup my first thought was recruiting AND Stidham.

not briles...but likely a surprise hire JMO. 

Expect Gus had someone pretty well lined up...is this the week of the coach's association meeting ? Giant job search opportunity.

Isn't lashlee the one calling plays during our mid season winning streak? 

Are we celebrating this now? 

We don't need the distraction that Briles would bring with him.  I don't think this affects Stidham at all.  He is already enrolled and working out. 

1 minute ago, Charleston Tiger said:

Thought stidham was excited to be coached by lashlee? Guess I read wrong somewhere.

True....and he will be excited to be coached by whoever we hire too....

Thank you Lashlee for your time here and I wish you nothing but the best.

No way a Briles will come here, even though some are absolutely obsessed with him.  Almost to an unhealthy level.  I am curious to see who we do hire though.  Don't have much time though as far as recruiting is concerned.  I trust Gus will hire the right person.  As much as some people may disagree with his decisions on the field, I hope most can agree he does an outstanding job hiring the right coaches for Auburn.  War Eagle!

Archived