Rhett leaves AU / New OC discussion (Merged)

auburnphan

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

The info well has gone dry. Nothing really new for the past day or so.

I think it's all been Fake News.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

But I'm from Scottsboro. Lol

If relevant,

I've neither attended nor ever cared about THS

1 hour ago, gctiger said:

then they can take their money and go elsewhere.  

We need an OC because Gus has failed.  We are having trouble finding one because the power brokers have failed.

They are not going anywhere. THEY own the table right now. Power brokers haven't failed......you-all said a mouth full when you said 'Gus has failed'. They anted-up on the gus bus and now it seems that the octane level in the tank ain't what is should be because Gus has been pumping 87 instead of 93. This is all on Gus. But one thing for sure, if at this time next year we are on our keypads discussing a new HC, then the PTB WILL ante-up. And I don't believe that they will hold back either. It won't be no penny ante stuff either.

3 minutes ago, cctiger said:

They are not going anywhere. THEY own the table right now. Power brokers haven't failed......you-all said a mouth full when you said 'Gus has failed'. They anted-up on the gus bus and now it seems that the octane level in the tank ain't what is should be because Gus has been pumping 87 instead of 93. This is all on Gus. But one thing for sure, if at this time next year we are on our keypads discussing a new HC, then the PTB WILL ante-up. And I don't believe that they will hold back either. It won't be no penny ante stuff either.

I agree the Gus Bus is out of gas.  However; our PTB are the reason we have had Chizik and Gus. Our PTB put a glorified ticket manager in the role of AD.  What did they expect?  Until the PTB hire a competent AD, Gus is probably the best we can hope for.

wde

5 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

I agree the Gus Bus is out of gas.  However; our PTB are the reason we have had Chizik and Gus. Our PTB put a glorified ticket manager in the role of AD.  What did they expect?  Until the PTB hire a competent AD, Gus is probably the best we can hope for.

wde

Jacobs covered his ass with the Gus hire though, he got the expertise opinion of Bo Jackson, Pat Sullivan, and Mac Crawford to help him with the coaching search and they all unanimously signed off on the hire of CGM.  They canned a man that "exemplified the Auburn Creed" and they used a group of true "Auburn Men" to find his replacement.  

The PTB should much, if not most of the blame for the current state of affairs with the football program.  

Just thinking here...Kingsberry is on the hot seat in a big way.  TX Tech led nation in offense yds per game last year.  Their OC seems legit and had a 1500 yd rusher in 2015 and his soph QB tossed for 4700 yds.   He also played in the spread and only been a spread offense.  If his ship is on fire, he may be a good coach willing to take our money.

Upsides: "young and energetic", sure knows the spread, makes $550, worked under 3 different HC (some experience), and I keep making this point: he recruited Stidham.  We want the offense to take off, well the new OC and Stidham better be on the same sheet of paper. Players love the spread at TTU - its the only thing to love about Lubbock. 

Downsides:  he has only been the spread, not sure if he called the plays at TTU or was a puppet ( I imagine at $550, he called plays), has strong TX roots - hard to pull him (but his ship is on fire).  

Name: Eric Morris  (someone posted his name earlier, but no traction)  I think he should be vetted.   Find me a team trying to hire an OC with more talent from the line to the receivers than we have....

3 minutes ago, aufan57 said:

Arkansas's Dan Enos with a contract extension and raise to $800k 

would of been a tough pull regardless with his non compete clause in the sec. I really wanted him bad. He made brandon allen look all world last year and that guy was mediocre at best before then.

1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

But he is suffering from the same problem Gus is... he has a bunch of big pocket boosters who continually compare him to Fulmer... plus he looks like a world beater at some point during the season only to crap the bed and not even make the SEC Championship game. He's far from safe, though one could argue that he should be.

Jones may be suffering somewhat, but the truth is that in his 4 yr stretch at UT he has gone 5-7/7-6/9-4/9-4  and sits at 3-0 in bowl games, which has been a better run than they've had since they fired Fulmer.  Their Administration shouldn't be after his ass for that 4 yr stint considering how they have been in the crapper for so all these years.  

Gus has gone 12-2/8-5/7-6/8-5 in his 4 yr stretch and has gone 1-3 in bowl games, which is mediocre by AU standards.  Our Administration's patience is wearing thin at this point.

3 minutes ago, keesler said:

Jones may be suffering somewhat, but the truth is that in his 4 yr stretch at UT he has gone 5-7/7-6/9-4/9-4  and sits at 3-0 in bowl games, which has been a better run than they've had since they fired Fulmer.  Their Administration shouldn't be after his ass for that 4 yr stint considering how they have been in the crapper for so all these years.  

Gus has gone 12-2/8-5/7-6/8-5 in his 4 yr stretch and has gone 1-3 in bowl games, which is mediocre by AU standards.  Our Administration's patience is wearing thin at this point.

I honestly don't think the administration at either school has issues with the coaches... it's the big pocket boosters who expect SEC Championships and victories against bama.

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

Too early to say if he's a bust, but refer to the thread link @auburnphan posted above. That's the word on Woody right now

I have seen this before and do know that Woody has a lot to prove before he can ever get on the field. I think that if he will hit the film room and take his classroom studies more seriously, he will make us proud.

6 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I honestly don't think the administration at either school has issues with the coaches... it's the big pocket boosters who expect SEC Championships and victories against bama.

They pour hundreds of thousands into the program, the program accepts the $$ and says thank you sir.   They want some damn bragging rights when they drop that kind of coin on the table.  The last thing they want is to have to sit back and watch the team take the field, look ill prepared with coaches freaking out on the sidelines calling weird plays that make zero sense.  They won't stand for it 2-2/12 seasons in a row - they have to flex their muscles and pull the puppet strings to get their way.  It's the nature of the beast in big time football.

3 minutes ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

Come on guys we need 150 pages before the OC is Announced this weekend. 

Since we passed 100 it means we aren't getting an OC.

6 minutes ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

Come on guys we need 150 pages before the OC is Announced this weekend. 

what are you doing in helping us land Bo Nix? are you the bag man on this or are you gonna all of sudden decide you have some morals?

1 hour ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

But I'm from Scottsboro. Lol

Then why does your location say New Hope?

Just now, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

I now live in new hope lol.

Thought so,just trying to get to 150 pages.I live north of Athens,were almost neighbors.

19 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

what are you doing in helping us land Bo Nix? are you the bag man on this or are you gonna all of sudden decide you have some morals?

We have Bo unless we screw it up.

Just now, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

We have Bo unless we screw it up.

Have you SEEEEEEEN our hs QB recruiting under gus???? What year have we not screwed it up. He never gets his top target unless joey G still signs with us next year. Well your answer gave me chills!

1 hour ago, cctiger said:

If they let it continue, then it becomes all on them.  NOW is the time to ante up, with or without Gus.  Hiring a low caliber OC will likely just prolong the misery.  

2 minutes ago, gctiger said:

If they let it continue, then it becomes all on them.  NOW is the time to ante up, with or without Gus.  Hiring a low caliber OC will likely just prolong the misery.  

actually hiring a big time OC paired with stidham will prolong the misery. Chances are we have a REALLY good season next year and for however long stidham is healthy/does not go pro. Then everyone is back to thinking gus is a genius again then once stidham leaves it will be back to business as usual and 8-5 seasons. 

Archived