Rhett leaves AU / New OC discussion (Merged)

auburnphan

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never seen more doom and gloom from a fan base of a team that for starters exceeded most people's expectations, secondly went to the sugar bowl despite having a healthy QB the last 5 games of the season, and lastly returns a ton of talent next year. To be honest it's sad and embarrassing.

this is to convenient of timing here. Just like when corey raymond got a raise right as our db coach position came available. especially for a coach coming off a 7-6 season to get a raise and extension.

38 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Since we passed 100 it means we aren't getting an OC.

On your local affiliate @ 6:00 (ABC,NBC,CBS).

Just now, JMassie11 said:

I've never seen more doom and gloom from a fan base of a team that for starters exceeded most people's expectations, secondly went to the sugar bowl despite having a healthy QB the last 5 games of the season, and lastly returns a ton of talent next year. To be honest it's sad and embarrassing.

wanting more than 8-5 seasons is sad and embarrassing? We backdoored in to the sugar bowl after the worst sec conference as a whole has looked in some time. Excuse some of us for wanting more. Its also not just the record its how we looked in the games we lost. Georgia and clemson particularly. Both games we should of won if not for asinine coaching displays that is not the first time from gus nor will it be the last.

3 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

3,000th reply! What'd I win?

ugh, 3,001

You win a 3 yr. contract with Sterlin Gilbert for our Offensive Coordinator; use him wisely.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

wanting more than 8-5 seasons is sad and embarrassing? We backdoored in to the sugar bowl after the worst sec conference as a whole has looked in some time. Excuse some of us for wanting more. Its also not just the record its how we looked in the games we lost. Georgia and clemson particularly. Both games we should of won if not for asinine coaching displays that is not the first time from gus nor will it be the last.

Completely missed the point.....your right , why even field a team next year ?

Completely missed the point.....your right , why even field a team next year ?

I am sorry what was your point other than not complaining about 3 straight seasons of 5 straight losses or more the first time that has happened to Auburn since the 70's??

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

this is to convenient of timing here. Just like when corey raymond got a raise right as our db coach position came available. especially for a coach coming off a 7-6 season to get a raise and extension.

Yeah it's odd Lindsey hasn't gotten his Raise yet...

6 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

actually hiring a big time OC paired with stidham will prolong the misery. Chances are we have a REALLY good season next year and for however long stidham is healthy/does not go pro. Then everyone is back to thinking gus is a genius again then once stidham leaves it will be back to business as usual and 8-5 seasons. 

Ok. Then hire a nobody for OC and have another 3-9 season.  Why do today what you can put off to next season?  Makes perfect sense to me...  

The time to resolve the problem is NOW.  Not at the end of next season or the season.  

Just now, gctiger said:

Ok. Then hire a nobody for OC and have another 3-9 season.  Why do today what you can put off to next season?  Makes perfect sense to me...  

The time to resolve the problem is NOW.  Not at the end of next season or the season.  

so your saying scrap gus and hire lincoln riley as head coach? I agree completely.

9 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

But people call JJ stupid for giving raises....has the on field results at Arky warranted anyone getting any kind of raise....this is just business as usual in the SEC.

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

so your saying scrap gus and hire lincoln riley as head coach? I agree completely.

I'm merely saying do whatever it takes to resolve the problem now.  If Lincoln Riley is the solution then so be it. 

I keep seeing big time OC....if they are that big time and good then they are valued, particularly if they are at a power 5 school. So far Gus and his search has yielded a few raises even for some that have not done much by winning championships of any kind. So what kind of hire will make this a big time OC hire?

1 hour ago, keesler said:

Jacobs covered his ass with the Gus hire though, he got the expertise opinion of Bo Jackson, Pat Sullivan, and Mac Crawford to help him with the coaching search and they all unanimously signed off on the hire of CGM.  They canned a man that "exemplified the Auburn Creed" and they used a group of true "Auburn Men" to find his replacement.  

The PTB should much, if not most of the blame for the current state of affairs with the football program.  

The "committee" of Bo, Pat and Mac was one of the most blatantly transparent cover my ass moves ever by Jay Jacobs and the PTB.  Those 3 guys love AU and were willing to do anything to help AU.  That does not mean that any of the 3 had any business being on a "committee" to hire an AU football coach especially when all it did was provide Jay Jacobs/his supporters a direction to point his good ole boy fambly finger toward them to use as an excuse when the next AU football coach turned out to be a dud.  I agree the PTB should shoulder most of the blame for the current affairs primarily because they hired Jay Jacobs who has hired Gene Chizik and Gus Malzahn.  I hope Gus finds a third genie in a bottle with this OC hire.  Gus/Chizik's 1st genie was Cam.  Gus' 2nd genie was Nick.

wde

8 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I am sorry what was your point other than not complaining about 3 straight seasons of 5 straight losses or more the first time that has happened to Auburn since the 70's??

We were picked by many outlets to finish last in the sec west, the STARTING QB was injured nearly HALF THE SEASON, we have a ton of talent returning yet everyone is complaining as if we just went 2-10 getting blown out in every game

We were picked by many outlets to finish last in the sec west, the STARTING QB was injured nearly HALF THE SEASON, we have a ton of talent returning yet everyone is complaining as if we just went 2-10 getting blown out in every game

We should not be picked to be last in the Sec west. That is the first issue. 

3 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

I keep seeing big time OC....if they are that big time and good then they are valued, particularly if they are at a power 5 school. So far Gus and his search has yielded a few raises even for some that have not done much by winning championships of any kind. So what kind of hire will make this a big time OC hire?

I don't know but if it's a dud after reading all 121 pages of this topic, someone needs to pay. Does anyone know how I can find R.I.R?

6 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

But people call JJ stupid for giving raises....has the on field results at Arky warranted anyone getting any kind of raise....this is just business as usual in the SEC.

No one has ever proclaimed that Jay Jacobs is the only stupid one.  The fact that you are using the Arky program as an equal comparison to our program tells it all. 

wde

2 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

I agree with you for the most of what you have shared with us. I try to take a positive outlook on things that are all Auburn. I do like to poke fun hear and there about issues such as what we have going on. We did have a nice season of which gives me hope that things will continue into 2017. I think once we have an OC in place, things will improve, and all will be forgiven. I think we will have a super season in 2017 and all of this banter will be a distant memory.

2 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

I agree with you for the most of what you have shared with us. I try to take a positive outlook on things that are all Auburn. I do like to poke fun hear and there about issues such as what we have going on. We did have a nice season of which gives me hope that things will continue into 2017. I think once we have an OC in place, things will improve, and all will be forgiven. I think we will have a super season in 2017 and all of this banter will be a distant memory.

People just need to be patient and let the search play itself out....we live in a world of instant gratification and people are always thinking the grass is greener instead of just watering your own grass

25 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

3,000th reply! What'd I win?

ugh, 3,001

You will win 3000 rolls of toilet paper and a free trip to the tomb of the unknown turd  

55 minutes ago, kd4au said:

Thought so,just trying to get to 150 pages.I live north of Athens,were almost neighbors.

I'm in Athens too, howdy neighbor! :)

Gotta watch out for a guy who's from North Jackson, lives in New Hope, but goes by Scottsboro. :Sing:

40 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

The "committee" of Bo, Pat and Mac was one of the most blatantly transparent cover my ass moves ever by Jay Jacobs and the PTB.  Those 3 guys love AU and were willing to do anything to help AU.  That does not mean that any of the 3 had any business being on a "committee" to hire an AU football coach especially when all it did was provide Jay Jacobs/his supporters a direction to point his good ole boy fambly finger toward them to use as an excuse when the next AU football coach turned out to be a dud.  I agree the PTB should shoulder most of the blame for the current affairs primarily because they hired Jay Jacobs who has hired Gene Chizik and Gus Malzahn.  I hope Gus finds a third genie in a bottle with this OC hire.  Gus/Chizik's 1st genie was Cam.  Gus' 2nd genie was Nick.

wde

I don't necessarily disagree but I'm curious who you would have placed on that committee to represent Auburn's interest?

Archived