Rhett leaves AU / New OC discussion (Merged)

auburnphan

Just now, shabby said:

who is chh?

herb hand

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, shabby said:

Herb Hand? seriously? no way is this even remotely possible....... right?

gus would prefer it if all his offensive staff were only guys who played under him or coached for him. 

4 minutes ago, shabby said:

Herb Hand? seriously? no way is this even remotely possible....... right?

No. This would have been announced last week if this were the case. Not happening. 

but seriously if the PTB and the AD want to hire a OC for gus and do not trust him to do that just fire him. There is no reason to keep him. If they are worried about the buyout blame that all on our HIGHLY QUALIFIED AD jay jacobs....... he loves to give our coaches cushy parachutes.

Wow, we all need to take a step back from the edge for a moment. Everyone is going insane over the Crepa article, but has anyone even considered the possibility he just read what was in the 127 pages of this thread, hypothesized a turd of what all we have said, and printed it to see if it would stick? EVERYTHING he wrote has been basically said in this very thread. Most of us have little to no clue what is going on behind closed doors. We are mostly creating our own theories and wish lists and wondering why that wish lists isn't coming true or poking holes in everyone else's theories. 

Just now, vandyvoot said:

Wow, we all need to take a step back from the edge for a moment. Everyone is going insane over the Crepa article, but has anyone even considered the possibility he just read what was in the 127 pages of this thread, hypothesized a turd of what all we have said, and printed it to see if it would stick? EVERYTHING he wrote has been basically said in this very thread. Most of us have little to no clue what is going on behind closed doors. We are mostly creating our own theories and wish lists and wondering why that wish lists isn't coming true or poking holes in everyone else's theories. 

no idea about who his sources are but is it REALLY that far fetched to believe? This sort of thing has been going on at Auburn our whole lives. 

6 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

No. This would have been announced last week if this were the case. Not happening. 

CHH being named OC doesn't mean he was Gus' first choice, or even second, third, or fourth choice for that matter.

If K Briles was a done deal and Gus #1 choice until PTB meddled... I say let Gus have his first choice, and go all in after K Briles and make him turn us down...

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

no idea about who his sources are but is it REALLY that far fetched to believe? This sort of thing has been going on at Auburn our whole lives. 

No, it's not hard to believe at all. In reality, it is a fact of Auburn football; but the other fact remains, CGM has done an excellent job of keeping his hiring plans under wraps longer than most other coaches we have had. When that happens media writers are desperate for something to write. They also know we are desperate for something to read. So I truly would not be surprised in the slightest to see stories stretched to get the journalists "clicks" up. 

Just now, vandyvoot said:

No, it's not hard to believe at all. In reality, it is a fact of Auburn football; but the other fact remains, CGM has done an excellent job of keeping his hiring plans under wraps longer than most other coaches we have had. When that happens media writers are desperate for something to write. They also know we are desperate for something to read. So I truly would not be surprised in the slightest to see stories stretched to get the journalists "clicks" up. 

obviously this was leaked on purpose to put the heat on.

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

obviously this was leaked on purpose to put the heat on.

It does appear that way. But, I still wonder just how plausible is it that no one has a clue and they (in the media) are left grasping for straws like we are. 

But if it was leaked by either JJ or CGM, well, we've got far bigger problems than needing an OC/QB coach. 

5 minutes ago, MadtownTiger said:

Who do you believe leaked the story?  And why Crepea?

WDE!

people close to gus. jay jacobs people would never want it to get out what its really like at Auburn for the naive. No idea why crepea. obviously these are just my opinions

6 minutes ago, vandyvoot said:

It does appear that way. But, I still wonder just how plausible is it that no one has a clue and they (in the media) are left grasping for straws like we are. 

But if it was leaked by either JJ or CGM, well, we've got far bigger problems than needing an OC/QB coach. 

we always seem to have bigger problems......

1 minute ago, gr82b4au said:

That "journalist" will do anything to tear down AU. He hates AU. I think he is stuck covering AU and Gus and he is bitter. Do not listen to that hack. 

why would he hate AU? he is a ohio state alum. This kind of piece is his thing but I do not think its because he hates AU. Just the type of writer he is,

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

people close to gus. jay jacobs people would never want it to get out what its really like at Auburn for the naive. No idea why crepea. obviously these are just my opinions

I don't mean to nitpick, but saying "obviously this was leaked on purpose" is a pretty declarative statement to be an opinion.

I don't disagree, necessarily.  I guess I was just curious I had missed something definitive in the preceding pages.

WDE!

13 minutes ago, MadtownTiger said:

I don't mean to nitpick, but saying "obviously this was leaked on purpose" is a pretty declarative statement to be an opinion.

I don't disagree, necessarily.  I guess I was just curious I had missed something definitive in the preceding pages.

WDE!

you  did miss something.  

As far as that article goes, it could have just been JJ/certain people who forced the Rhett outing (if that wasn't Gus' decision) saying no Briles or anyone with ties to Gus. 

Considering that's what we've all been wanting (outside of no briles, for some of us) it may not be a bad thing. Outside of in house promotions I know the coaches with ties to Gus only have faint ties to him but it could be an effort to make sure we move our offense in a different direction

44 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

but seriously if the PTB and the AD want to hire a OC for gus and do not trust him to do that just fire him. There is no reason to keep him. If they are worried about the buyout blame that all on our HIGHLY QUALIFIED AD jay jacobs....... he loves to give our coaches cushy parachutes.

I think the PTB are waiting for Gogue to be gone and a new President be hired. Gogue doesn't care a whit about athletics. We need a University President that understand both academics and athletics are important.

35 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

why would he hate AU? he is a ohio state alum. This kind of piece is his thing but I do not think its because he hates AU. Just the type of writer he is,

What he is saying may be true, but I am telling you he has no love for Gus or AU at all. He is a hack and has done his job by putting down Au/Gus time and time again over the years. He lives for controversy at AU.

I am not saying the OC search has gone well Or that the Au administration is not a problem. I am saying that this Jerry springer journalist is smiling right now at our "demise"... 

Just now, gr82b4au said:

What he is saying may be true, but I am telling you he has no love for Gus or AU at all. He is a hack and has done his job by putting down Au/Gus time and time again over the years. He lives for controversy at AU.

I am not saying the OC search has gone well Or that the Au administration is not a problem. I am saying that this Jerry springer journalist is smiling right now at our "demise"... 

now that I can buy. 

3 hours ago, aubie57 said:

IMO, if that article is true, I believe CGM should walk out now. It's his team, he should make the hire he wants to make. If the ship sinks, so be it. Meddling from the powers that be is an age old problem at AU.

In any other instance I would agree and would have a problem with this. The way i see it is that JJ is trying to save both his and Gus's job. I would normally agree that it should be up to the HC to select who he wants. However, i think JJ and whoever the others may be feel like we can't waste another year with the talent we have on this team. With JS we have a great chance to be in the hunt for the playoffs if we can fix our offense. I hope the powers that be win this tug-of-war if it leads to an OC that doesn't have close ties to Gus and it makes him hand over a little more power regarding the offense. And that's saying a lot b/c i'd love for JJ to be fired tomorrow but if we can get a good OC i don't want the talent we have to go wasted yet another year. 

Archived