Rhett leaves AU / New OC discussion (Merged)

auburnphan

1 hour ago, AEAugirl said:

So if you have accepted a lateral position with Company A then Company B comes along and offers you a big promotion with a significant salary increase, you're going to "keep your word" and stick with Company A?  Seriously?

Its what happens, not just in football, but in real life.  It really doesn't have anything to do with honor.

Actually I think it does...and I did it back in the day....did not turn out that well, but I still feel better about what I did...  

But certainly anyone sharing your view should never get upset by a kid who flips the day before signing day....or who leads us along hoping to get a better offer.   That might be life today...but does not make it an attractive proposition...JMO

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Wait what ? I am confused.  If art knew what ?

About the sexual assaults at Baylor.  If Art knew about them the Kendal would have known as well.

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

was that the exception or rule though? that was 4 years ago. Spurrier won 11 games with stephen garcia as his QB and beat the number 1 team in the country with him. dude can just flat out coach. 

Which year was that?  His best record with Garcia was 9-5 and that year we beat them... twice. Worse the second time.

11 hours ago, aufan57 said:

"...and just have the opportunity to run the offense, and that's something he's given me. I'm grateful for that."

Just now, corchjay said:

About the sexual assaults at Baylor.  If Art knew about them the Kendal would have known as well.

Speculation.  Everyone has their own opinion. Did cam know is dad was shopping him around? Maybe . But again it is just speculation. Either way if KB got on board I would have no problem supporting him 

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

And now they see the grass is not always greener. Fan bases, so fickle . People on this thread were salivating over Lincoln Riley but the OU people I have came in contact with do not like him. I am starting to think this OC hate is rampant all over .

You are exactly right.  Seriously Bama fans were bashing Kiffin.  They were undefeated and destroying most teams and averaging 40pts a game but they didn't like his play calling and now saying he didn't "develop" hurts.  Sounds familiar huh?

3 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Which year was that?  His best record with Garcia was 9-5 and that year we beat them... twice. Worse the second time.

O excuse me! even better. he won with conner shaw. not exactly a world beater dynamic QB. He is solid. I know your not seriously trying to downplay STEVE OL SPURRIER coaching ability are you?! Are you arguing for gus? why?... see you made me look they won 11 games in 2011 when garcia was the starter eventually then spurrier kicked him off the team mid season.

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

And now they see the grass is not always greener. Fan bases, so fickle . People on this thread were salivating over Lincoln Riley but the OU people I have came in contact with do not like him. I am starting to think this OC hate is rampant all over .

We have a lot of friends who live in Oklahoma and are big alums/fans.  They LOVE Lincoln Riley.  Its Stoops that makes them want to beat their head in.

We would be extremely lucky to get Lincoln Riley but we won't...we are Auburn and Gus is running this train and he's got some little clone of his incubating at another school he'll pluck away.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

O excuse me! even better. he won with conner shaw. not exactly a world beater dynamic QB. He is solid. I know your not seriously trying to downplay STEVE OL SPURRIER coaching ability are you?! Are you arguing for gus? why?

No... I'm not trying to downplay Spurrier... the point I'm trying to make is that people are not considering the circumstances and writing off Gus like he doesn't know how to coach. I brought Spurrier into the mix because people are taking Rhett's comments and trying to spin them like Gus was "meddling" in Rhett's offense, when the truth is it's Gus's offense, just Spurrier always ran his offense no matter who his OC was (I could have gone a different route and used Sabana and bama's D... same story). Even when Rhett is calling plays, he's calling plays for Gus's offense. Going to UConn is going to let Rhett develop his own offense. It's not about "meddling".

10 minutes ago, Weagle99 said:

I thought our compliance dept already nixed KB?

After the recent developments, I wonder if this was the narrative put out to stop the speculation surrounding Kendal Briles?  The talk earlier was the KB was coming here after CRL was to get a head coaching job after the present season.  Maybe Gus is a genius after all, just a genius at cryptic speak and leaks to the masses.  It will be interesting to see what develops.  I'm optimistic at the moment.

Just now, AUcivE09 said:

I havent seen it mentioned, but is Craig potentially a candidate? Not sure if that bridge was burned or not.

Seems highly unlikely while Gus is at AU.

1 minute ago, AUcivE09 said:

I havent seen it mentioned, but is Craig potentially a candidate? Not sure if that bridge was burned or not.

Nope. I love DC and all but i don't want another OC with zero experience. Pass! 

Best possible scenario for Auburn right now. If RL was the one calling plays, that aint good. If he was NOT calling plays, well, that aint good either. QB developing? Doesn't look too good. QB recruiting? Not too good (we'll see about the red-shirts and the transfers). This is the only scenario that could provide much optimism for me, I'm very keen on the possibilities this opens up going forward. War Eagle.

Just now, lionheartkc said:

No... I'm not trying to downplay Spurrier... the point I'm trying to make is that people are not considering the circumstances and writing off Gus like he doesn't know how to coach. I brought Spurrier into the mix because people are taking Rhett's comments and trying to spin them like Gus was "meddling" in Rhett's offense, when the truth is it's Gus's offense, just Spurrier always ran his offense no matter who his OC was (I could have gone a different route and used Sabana and bama's D... same story). Even when Rhett is calling plays, he's calling plays for Gus's offense. Going to UConn is going to let Rhett develop his own offense. It's not about "meddling".

the circumstances are gus fault. I dont care jeremy busted. I dont care sean got hurt and we did not have a capable backup plan. That all falls on him and him alone. He is the head coach. He has struck out so bad in qb recruiting since nick marshall till Stidham. Next year would be more of the same if we did not by a miracle land stidham. There is actually some hope now. After stidham? WHo knows gus has yet to develop a HS qb.

1 minute ago, AEAugirl said:

We have a lot of friends who live in Oklahoma and are big alums/fans.  They LOVE Lincoln Riley.  Its Stoops that makes them want to beat their head in.

He's the current "It" guy, but stealing him away would not be easy. He has no ties to the SEC, no ties to Gus, a job where he is in the spotlight and doesn't have to navigate the SEC Gauntlet, and he makes $900,000/year already.

Archived