Rhett leaves AU / New OC discussion (Merged)

auburnphan

1 minute ago, auburnphan said:

K Briles is being addressed again with the Admin, it is their decision ultimately.  

Damn it! I'm still out of likes. Well you get a post like phan.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, TitanTiger said:

"If Cecil knew, then Cam knew..."

Dang Titan you can at least give me a like for saying this same thing earlier in the thread lol.

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

the circumstances are gus fault. I dont care jeremy busted. I dont care sean got hurt and we did not have a capable backup plan. That all falls on him and him alone. He is the head coach. He has struck out so bad in qb recruiting since nick marshall till Stidham. 

No need to turn this into yet another Gus bashing thread. Yes, Gus didn't have enough QBs and that's on him.  The point stands that judgement on his offense are skewed by external variables.

Next year would be more of the same if we did not by a miracle land stidham.

How was it a miracle that we landed Stidham? Is Auburn not a school worth playing for anymore?

WHo knows gus has yet to develop a HS qb.

You KNOW this is false... I expect better of you than to dredge up this weak talking point.

2 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

K Briles is being addressed again with the Admin, it is their decision ultimately.  

Currently , I don't think KB has any compliance issues. If CGM wants him then the administration needs to  provide some support.

8 minutes ago, ellitor said:
8 minutes ago, AUcivE09 said:

I havent seen it mentioned, but is Craig potentially a candidate? Not sure if that bridge was burned or not.

Seems highly unlikely while Gus is at AU.

Plus, do we want a first time OC who has only proven himself to be a rock star recruiter, a good qb coach, and a mediocre wide receiver coach?

3 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

And Cam may have known hence the comment to Mullens wife "the money was just to much"... meaning the money offer was why he couldn't go to State... 

Just now, lionheartkc said:

No need to turn this into yet another Gus bashing thread. Yes, Gus didn't have enough QBs and that's on him.  The point stands that judgement on his offense are skewed by external variables.

How was it a miracle that we landed Stidham? Is Auburn not a school worth playing for anymore?

You KNOW this is false... I expect better of you than to dredge up this week talking point.

if you think sean is a point in his favor for developing HS QBS IDK what to tell you. sean is solid but nothing special and 8-4 is about the kind of season we can expect with him. we need a dynamic qb to run gus offense. Mainly because gus cannot run a pass first offense in the sec to save his life. He has to have a elite DT qb for it to work like it did in 13,14 and 2010.  It absolutely is a bash gus post. He is the reason were in this mess because HIS SIDE of the ball can't get their @#$% together.  why are you still in gus corner?! what has he done the last 3 years with 3 straight seasons of 5 or more losses to earn your loyalty to stump for him?

12 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Plus, do we want a first time OC who has only proven himself to be a rock star recruiter, a good qb coach, and a mediocre wide receiver coach?

Over Chip Lindsey? Why not? It's not like Gus can't run an offense himself if he has to. He did write a book on running it after all. It was DC that wasn't getting his opinion respected last year causing tension. You don't know that our offense would go full retard if DC's or Lashlee's opinion was respected.

DC isnt a mediocre WR coach either. 

Just now, corchjay said:

And Cam may have known hence the comment to Mullens wife "the money was just to much"... meaning the money offer was why he couldn't go to State... 

And he may not have known...which is what he told the NCAA and one of the reasons there were no sanctions.  The truth is, fathers are privy to and may do all sorts of things that their sons don't know.  Even if they are super close.  Even if they work together.  If a man can have a mistress and sometimes even a whole other family in another city, I think a father can keep a few things from an adult child.

3 minutes ago, corchjay said:

But there is no valid proof of that statement. Not to rehash this, you may very well be right , but there isn't any reason to make decisions off of speculations. If that is the case, cam would've been done for in 2010 and our NC season would've vanished .

2 things are for certain: Rhett Lashlee is now our top candidate to replace Gus when that time comes and Michael Dyer will be our new OC.

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

And he may not have known...which is what he told the NCAA and one of the reasons there were no sanctions.  The truth is, fathers are privy to and may do all sorts of things that their sons don't know.  Even if they are super close.  Even if they work together.  If a man can have a mistress and sometimes even a whole other family in another city, I think a father can keep a few things from an adult child.

That's true but hard to believe that an entire coaching staff was in the dark about something involving a number of players, other students and parents of victims?   Just suggesting that the Cam thing was far from parallel....though I'm sure there are always folks wanting to make AU sound hypocritical on matters of honesty.    

5 minutes ago, corchjay said:

We need an unlike or disapprove button on here as well.  The dang pissing matches on every thread is fricking unbearable.  

That ain't going to stop the constant pissers from pissing. They'll still piss away. It'll just give them something else to piss about.

Anyone on that list that isn't Mark Helrich would be good to me.. Personally, I like the thought of Chip lindsey.. Not the sexiest hire but according to the reports, he has what we lack today..

17 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

haha. Nice comparison. Come on down Kendall!

AUBURN, Ala. — Former Baylor coach Art Briles and his son, Kendal, will not be considered for Auburn's offensive coordinator job, a source tells Auburn Undercover.

"No way on Art," a high-level source told Auburn Undercover on Thursday. "Kendal lacks experience Gus (Malzahn) needs."

http://auburn.247sports.com/Article/Report-Former-Baylor-coach-Art-Briles-not-a-possibility-as-Aubur-50494574

5 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Marcrello now saying KB is out, I guess they shot that down again

Based on experience? Well that should eliminate Chip too 

9 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

AUBURN, Ala. — Former Baylor coach Art Briles and his son, Kendal, will not be considered for Auburn's offensive coordinator job, a source tells Auburn Undercover.

"No way on Art," a high-level source told Auburn Undercover on Thursday. "Kendal lacks experience Gus (Malzahn) needs."

Then chip should be eliminated too  . Jeez what a great confidence boost for the HC.

Archived