Rhett leaves AU / New OC discussion (Merged)

auburnphan

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

I didn't know you edited it... I read the first line and went from there...typing away on my small phone with my fat fingers. Anything else? 

You seem slightly defensive at all times. Pretty funny man.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, autigersj said:

You seem slightly defensive at all times. Pretty funny man.

I'm not trying to be. All I did was quote him. He's accusing me of re-editing to his original quote. 

6 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Feels like we're finally making some necessary changes...this is a happy day...will be even happier if the candidate is qualified.

I'm feeling this way also. I don't see this as a bad sign for the program at all. In fact it's a good day! Our underqualified QB coach and OC just left us without us having to officially fire him. Wasn't this what this exactly what the board was clamoring for for the past 2 seasons?

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Jake Spavital.  Calling it now .

No whammies on the Cal HC job! No whammies! No whammies!...

24/7 reported art and Kendall are not possibilities. Saying Kendall lacked the expirence Gus needs. So guess that leaves Chip Lindsey out too. So who on the list has alot of Experience? It seems it's gonna be someone with more experience.

The upside to this situation is that we will (likely) clearly see next year who was responsible for the offensive craziness. That joined at the hip relationship muddied those waters. I would assume with a new, hopefully well qualified OC, we will see noticeable changes and have our answer. 

18 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I'm not trying to be. All I did was quote him. He's accusing me of re-editing to his original quote. 

22 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I didn't know you edited it... I read the first line and went from there...typing away on my small phone with my fat fingers. Anything else? 

I didn't edit that post at all man (this one is however).  It did not even show an "edited" thing on it.  That is not the first time you have tried to do that to me.  If you don't agree with what I say, that is fine.  I don't mind that, nor have I ever even had an issue with you.  Just don't try to twist what I say for your own agenda.  That's all I am saying.  

PLEASE No Eli Drinkwitz. I live in Raleigh, NC -- where NC State is located -- and I get a close enough look to their football team to know that I do not want any part of that program coming into AU's. 

Just now, WDEAUDAD said:

Could be on to something.  He has experience and previous ties to Gus.

Yep and has more than enough experience that this administration wants .

Just now, madkat7 said:

The upside to this situation is that we will (likely) clearly see next year who was responsible for the offensive craziness. That joined at the hip relationship muddied those waters. I would assume with a new, hopefully well qualified OC, we will see noticeable changes and have our answer. 

JDO  but it should be hard to compare last season with the coming season if we have solid and healthy quarterbacks available. I think anyone who draws conclusions about RL based on some of those games is missing the boat. 

39 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

what has he done the last 3 years with 3 straight seasons of 5 or more losses to earn your loyalty to stump for him?

Let's see...

• He's kept the team together in the face of massive adversity, most of which was out of his control.  Something that his predecessor, as well as several other coaches throughout the country, could not do.
  • Even with major injuries, and a circus of a game plan against Clemson, he's kept us competitive against everyone, this year, including the two teams that played for the championship.
  • He's returned Auburn to Tommy Tubberville era quality defense... one that held Clemson, Arkansas, and Ole Miss to fewer points than bama's all-time great defense that they fielded this year.
  • He's continued the top 10 level recruiting that started when he came on board as the Offensive Coordinator.
  • He's continually put the integrity of the school and team above all else, keeping Auburn far away from the kind of scandals rocking schools like Baylor and NCAA scrutiny faced by the likes of Ole Miss.
  • Oh yea... and when everything is clicking on his offense... it's nearly unstoppable. Ask Arkansas.

On the flip side

• He lost some games because he failed to recruit enough real QBs to back-up his starter after injury...

To me, my list wins, especially now that we have said back-up QBs in place.

13 minutes ago, DAG said:

Seems to be the leader in the clubhouse right now, according to some of the premium board admins.  No one knows for sure of course.  Just reading tea leaves and trying to sift through sources.

13 minutes ago, DAG said:

QB coach of record for Geno Smith & Johnny Manziel as well as given credit to helping Brandon Weedon at Okie St.

I've seen worse resumes...

Yes, I can Google.

Just now, AUsince72 said:

QB coach of record for Geno Smith & Johnny Manziel as well as given credit to helping Brandon Weedon at Okie St.

I've seen worse resumes...

Yes, I can Google.

You're better off than some.:rolleyes:

1 minute ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

Is Spavitol that good though? Why is he at Cal in the first place.

I think he has a pretty good track record and like anyone else, looking for opportunities. Apparently interviewing for that HC position right now.

Do we really need an OC with a last name that sounds like an anti-depressant? Just sayin'

"Having a down day? Try Spavital"

1 minute ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

Was a casualty of the yearly Sumlin collapse at aTm.

@lionheartkc you will find he will not change his mind no matter how many facts you throw his way.  Just look at our conversations over the past week or two.

6 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Let's see...

• He's kept the team together in the face of massive adversity, most of which was out of his control.  Something that his predecessor, as well as several other coaches throughout the country, could not do.
  • Even with major injuries, and a circus of a game plan against Clemson, he's kept us competitive against everyone, this year, including the two teams that played for the championship.
  • He's returned Auburn to Tommy Tubberville era quality defense... one that held Clemson, Arkansas, and Ole Miss to fewer points than bama's all-time great defense that they fielded this year.
  • He's continued the top 10 level recruiting that started when he came on board as the Offensive Coordinator.
  • He's continually put the integrity of the school and team above all else, keeping Auburn far away from the kind of scandals rocking schools like Baylor and NCAA scrutiny faced by the likes of Ole Miss.
  • Oh yea... and when everything is clicking on his offense... it's nearly unstoppable. Ask Arkansas.

On the flip side

• He lost some games because he failed to recruit enough real QBs to back-up his starter after injury...

To me, my list wins, especially now that we have said back-up QBs in place.

8 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I didn't edit that post at all man (this one is however).  It did not even show an "edited" thing on it.  That is not the first time you have tried to do that to me.  If you don't agree with what I say, that is fine.  I don't mind that, nor have I ever even had an issue with you.  Just don't try to twist what I say for your own agenda.  That's all I am saying.  

All I did was quote you? What have I twisted when it's all your words

I know OCs are usually given the opportunity to bring in their own staff so I wonder how much control this new OC will be given when it comes to choosing his own offensive staff. I do believe we have a superior RBs coach that needs to be retained. 

4 minutes ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

For whatever reason Cal is a perpetual "up and coming" program.  Sonny Dykes was hot commodity after LA Tech.  Cal sucks but it's still "desirable" for some reason.

I guess it's a Safe Space. :jossun:

Archived