Rhett leaves AU / New OC discussion (Merged)

auburnphan

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, WinningTradition said:

He should. Hire an OC and let his do what he's hired for. What we have been doing isn't working.

I agree, but Gus is very loyal.

2 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

Major pay cut if you add in cost of living in Connecticut as well.

Isn't the Wifey having twins too?

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

Must be a rough life when you take a pay cut and still make $350k a year. Bless him.

“It’s probably one of the hardest decisions I’ve made, definitely in my professional career,” Lashlee said. “Auburn’s very dear to us. I’ve spent a total of six years here, two different times. All four of our kids were born here. We just love everything about Auburn. The Auburn family is always going to be very dear to us and a part of us.

“The opportunity to work for Randy Edsall, who has had success at a high level and success at UConn, and just have the opportunity to run the offense, and that’s something he’s given me to do. I’m grateful for that.

“I’m obviously very close with Coach Malzahn. Our relationship will always be good. He’s been very supportive. I’m very appreciative to him for the opportunity he gave me at Auburn.”
“I look back on the things we accomplished at Auburn,” Lashlee said. “I’m really happy that we were able to win two SEC championships and play for two national titles. We did a lot of good things.

“Didn’t end the season the way we wanted, but I think things are set up as good as they can be moving forward. I feel really good about the staff, and really just the offensive personnel that’s in place going into next year. I think it’s set up for Auburn to have a big year.”

http://www.auburntigers.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/011117aac.html

We need to empty out the bank account and get Lincoln Riley aboard. Give the man a 3 year guaranteed contract for $1.5 million regardless if Gus is here after 2017. Yu know, Rhett could very well be the coach in waiting at UConn. This makes better sense imho.

Fans on Drinkwitz

This game was pretty bad for Eli. Our running game was terrible and he kept trying to run Dayes up the middle at the end.

13 F'IN POINTS! FIRE THIS HIGH SCHOOL COACH ALREADY!

^Agreed. Doeren is a saint and a genius, if Drinkwitz didn't screw things up.

Do you think he fits in well at AU? Lol, I mean this post in jest of course.

20 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

The announcers were not exactly praising his play calling abilities during the bowl game, saying that fans were left scratching their heads at times due to play calls during the season. 

Then he fits right in at AU

Just now, caleb1633 said:

Must be a rough life when you take a pay cut and still make $350k a year. Bless him.

Paycheck is being cut in half, twins on the way (I believe), and standard of living going up, still has to sting even if they are going to be financially ok.

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

Fans on Drinkwitz

This game was pretty bad for Eli. Our running game was terrible and he kept trying to run Dayes up the middle at the end.

13 F'IN POINTS! FIRE THIS HIGH SCHOOL COACH ALREADY!

^Agreed. Doeren is a saint and a genius, if Drinkwitz didn't screw things up.

Do you think he fits in well at AU? Lol, I mean this post is jest of course.

no way on this one.

What about one of the Clemson co OCs? The 2 have done a super job there.

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

Funny you say this right after the post I just made above yours, lol.

Just started reading the thread, saw this post and immediately thought "Yep, sounds like a lock."

50 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I can't wait to see how certain posters are going to spin this

My spin.  I just got a late Christmas present.

And yes I know we still have to see who Gus hires.

25 minutes ago, au_bsci_04 said:

Name was all over the place for a few HC openings a mi the ago. Lateral move as OC might not interest him, but he is from AL and might think OC in SEC is a better ladder.

Auburn is certainly not a lateral move. It is a huge step up.

1 minute ago, Browning4AU said:

Just started reading the thread, saw this post and immediately thought "Yep, sounds like a lock."

When I saw what their fans said, our game threads came to mind immediately. Haha

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Paycheck is being cut in half, twins on the way (I believe), and standard of living going up, still has to sting even if they are going to be financially ok.

They already had their twin GIRLS (and have a set of twin boys already). 

I think the Lashlee family represented AU SO well and wish him the best in the future. Thankful for their love of AU. I imagine this was very hard on both coaches, but necessary for RHETT'S career (& Gus). 

This could be an excellent thing for all involved parties. 

4 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

What about one of the Clemson co OCs? The 2 have done a super job there.

If we hired either one of them, would still need a QB Coach. One is WR Coach & other RB Coach.

14 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Damn, I hope not.  They already have four.  Maybe that was part of our problem, he was too busy making babies to coach. 

The only thing I know for certain is that most AU fans will be critical of the selection.

Archived