Rhett leaves AU / New OC discussion (Merged)

auburnphan

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, corchjay said:

The only thing this offense needs is balance, breaking of tendencies, good fundamental QB developer, and slighty above average recruiter.  You get that and you've hit a grandslam no matter who the person is.

I should add also healthy players and a competent analyst that can read half the coverage so Gus is not a part of reading and changing plays.

An offensive game plan is made up of certain plays for down and distance and what the defense normally does on this same down and distance.  If as a head coach you don't respect the guy to call 1 of the 4-5 plays for each situation then why pay someone $500k+ a year?

This will never happen, but Doug Ruse from Tulane, Georgia Southern, and Sam Houston St coming to run the gun option would be fun to watch with our talent. 

All I really want is someone to come in and get the most out of the talent that we have, which is something that hasn't happened since 2013. Any spread based, non-air raid will do. 

Can anyone give out an updated list of who is still on the table?  And with each name, say if they are just speculation or fact.  Thank you!

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

Can anyone give out an updated list of who is still on the table?  And with each name, say if they are just speculation or fact.  Thank you!

Everyone you've heard is speculation. 

1 hour ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

This will never happen, but Doug Ruse from Tulane, Georgia Southern, and Sam Houston St coming to run the gun option would be fun to watch with our talent. 

All I really want is someone to come in and get the most out of the talent that we have, which is something that hasn't happened since 2013. Any spread based, non-air raid will do. 

He's definitely been highly successful everywhere he's been: http://gseagles.com/coaches.aspx?rc=127

5 hours ago, thaitopher said:

Typical PM. If you read this closely you realize there is pretty much no substance to any of this. Most of  the posters in here could have said all of this.

PM is not an AU fan but an AU reporter. He doesn't try to sugar coat anything. Most of the time he knows a lot more than he says due to his sources. Not many people out there that has more inside with AU football than PM does. You may not like him but he is very believable with his info. WDE

1 minute ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

PM is not an AU fan but an AU reporter. He doesn't try to sugar coat anything. Most of the time he knows a lot more than he says due to his sources. Not many people out there that has more inside with AU football than PM does. You may not like him but he is very believable with his info. WDE

Marshall is the mouthpiece Jay uses to see the public perception/reaction to things. Has been for years

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Marshall is the mouthpiece Jay uses to see the public perception/reaction to things. Has been for years

That's why I said he says what his sources tell him. You have to read in between what he writes. He usually lets you know what they say just like when he said the Briles were off the table but he will give you his opinion sometimes as to what is really going on as in the case of Jj wanting an ex amount of experience.

2 hours ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

I disagree. The moving of Rhett suggests otherwise imo. It's gonna be Gus playbook but he wants someone to give full control that can open up the passing game and he wants someone to work with QB's. Imo the moving of Rhett shows Gus is evolving as a HC.

I agree with you 100% IF moving Rhett was Gus's idea. If he was forced to move Rhett, it doesn't show anything about Gus's intentions other than he's not running things.

30 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

You are completely missing the point. I wasn't complaining about him not sugar coating it or having accurate info. My point is that the story just lacks any real news, which is a normal thing for him. 

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

does gundy call the plays there or does he?

Unlike Gus, Gundy lets his OC call the plays. Whenever the situation arises, I am sure he and Gundy discuss the best possible play that the situation dictates. Yurich knows his craft, and would be the best thing for our offense out there. I do hope that Gus will give him due consideration.

45 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Not just Jacobs. Marshall is Auburn's Mohammed Saeed al-Sahhaf

bkd27g.jpg

31 minutes ago, bigbird said:

To add to bird he is told what to write..... yes he knows more of what goes on inside but he is a puppet of JJ

8 minutes ago, selias said:

Not just Jacobs. Marshall is the Auburn's Mohammed Saeed al-Sahhaf

bkd27g.jpg

I loved that guy. always full of crap, but he was sure entertaining.

3297710.png 

That is what I ALWAYS think of when pMarsh name always come up. He is the leader of the auburn sunshine pumper brigade as well.

30 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

You are completely missing the point. I wasn't complaining about him not sugar coating it or having accurate info. My point is that the story just lacks any real news, which is a normal thing for him. 

I understand your point and agree, what I am saying is because he is very careful to run "their" storyline is exactly why he has the sources he has.

Just now, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I understand your point and agree, what I am saying is because he is very careful to run "their" storyline is exactly why he has the sources he has.

I won't ever believe gus is ever on the hot seat TRULY till pmarsh articles turn negative and sour on gus. There was 1 the week of the LSU game but after that win it was all sunshine and rainbows after the fact.

8 hours ago, JGLEATON said:

^^^ This... remember Bama vs.Texas BCS game they knocked the QB out early and Texas never really had a chance after except the back up hung in there pretty well... 

and

One thing I haven't really heard mentioned that I think will be important with whoever the new OC is... is that since Cam I don't really think we've had a QB we've let check off at all on the line of scrimmage...  I think Nick improvised from busted plays, but most everything called and checked to has come from the side line...

I think with the Stidham and even with Sean (and hopefully the other QB's as they develop) and as they implement / add new elements to the current system and especially the passing attack utilizing ALL the receivers along with the HB AND TE (and running backs)... adding that to a solid running game,

...that the new OC will have an advantage of NOW using the hurry up, added passing options (the Deep ball will be available with Stidham) and not just a more balanced attack, but an offense that can attack any defense in a MUCH more unexpected fashion...

and that new OC HAS the tools he needs to execute it and the ability to call what he needs during the game (and make adjustments) according to the overall game plan.

think about after this...

a big play / gain and a first down when going hurry up... instead of running THE SAME play (or just a dive up the middle)... the QB has the option to call a quick out or a shot down field if he reads the D hasn't got it covered... burn... The first team we do that to will NEVER expect it. and if executed well, the next teams still won't be able to stop it.

I'd love it if the man implementing this going forward the next few years was Gilbert....

Hey J:

What music do you play? I am a bass guitarist and have been for a long, long, time. I mostly play along with all of the music on DirecTV. I have a Music Man Stingray Bass and a Fender 500 watt bass amp that has 2 X10" Emminence bass speakers with a tweeter. It will blow you out of the room easily! 

3 hours ago, doc4aday said:

Hey J:

What music do you play? I am a bass guitarist and have been for a long, long, time. I mostly play along with all of the music on DirecTV. I have a Music Man Stingray Bass and a Fender 500 watt bass amp that has 2 X10" Emminence bass speakers with a tweeter. It will blow you out of the room easily! 

Hey Doc, not to completely derail the thread... but it IS along off season... and may be a while before we know who the OC is;

I play guitar (usually Teles) and mostly Bluesy / roots / jam music in a couple of informal bands... one has a singer / songwriter guy and I consider that band more "americana / roots rock" but the singer also plays guitar and is a fantastic slide and blues player too.... and we do some more obscure blues and some of his originals. Bass Player in one of the bands is also an Auburn Graduate with a degree in engineering... 2nd Auburn Engineering grad / Bass player I've played with...

That Stingray bass is nice... I usually use a lower watt Dr Z tube amp cranked.. hangs with a loud band and our drummer hits hard too... but I have a few larger wattage Dr Z Heads that are loud enough to hang with just about anybody... maybe even in your room lol.

Pic from my facebook page we played a blues festival a couple of years ago n went on before Keb Mo n Gary Clark Jr.. other guitar player was pretty excited here but I had to take the pic.. lol, that is my old Dr Z "Stingray" amp and cab in the pic behind Gary.

428945_431685986887177_508896799_n SMALL.jpg

and now back to who is or is not gonna be or OC...

44 minutes ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

So it's down to Cumbie or Yurich ? 

Please be Yurich.

where are you getting that?

10 minutes ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

Lol, it's going around 24/7

Who knows, its prob speculation

yah its just fan speculation. I got excited thought you had inside info. No mod has confirmed it on there.

Archived