Rhett leaves AU / New OC discussion (Merged)

auburnphan

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Mike Yurich, OkState

Sunny Cumbie, TCU

Guess we'll never run the ball again

yurich I know had a 4k yard passer a 1k yard rusher and a 1k yard receiver recently. Personally I rather have someone so different than gus from a air raid offense. They can meet in the middle and get something back we desperately have been missing... BALANCE!

26 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

yah its just fan speculation. I got excited thought you had inside info. No mod has confirmed it on there.

Seems to be some heavy thinking it's true though. Is there a possible tie to Gus , Briles or Hand with the 2?

15 hours ago, doc4aday said:

Hey Eagle! Hope you are having a great day. It has been sad at my home in that my 11 year old Welsh Corgi had a bad seizure last night and we are pretty much having her in hospice. She is my "War Damn Corgi", in that when I would get excited when we made a good play in a game, she barks and runs around the room all full of love for her beloved Auburn Tigers. She has an Auburn collar that she guards with her life. I have to be careful when I bath her with taking it off in that if I do not do it the way she likes, she will bite me in a second. She rarely breaks the skin, but she is telling me to be a bit more careful removing it. As soon as she is totally dry, she demands that I put it back on her. We will likely need to put her to rest this coming Monday. She is ready to run and play with all of God's critters in Heaven.

OK, sorry to go on about Belle, but she means the worlds to me. I understand about being a single parent indeed. One thing that should be a very positive point would be to come to Auburn in that there are few places in college football that offers something rival to Camelot; Auburn, Alabama. If he is thinking about taking the job, he should be made aware of the family friendly, Auburn, Al.

I thought about this myself. I grew up in neighboring Opelika. It used to be there was not many better places in the country to raise a child than the Auburn- Opelika area. I don't know how much has really changed there in that respect, as I have been gone from there since the early eighties. I still have to believe in my heart that Auburn is still one of the best college towns in America to raise your family. Much has changed in the world since the carefree days of my childhood, when parents could let their adolescent children roam the streets about town, and not have to worry if they would make it back home alive. You have a blessed day friend, and I'm sorry for the health of your 4 legged family member. I don't know much about Werner personally, or the circumstances of why he was let go at Ole Missus,but I do know that the man can coach offense, and develop quarterbacks.

I agree that our offense doesn't need to be blown up at all.  It's been proven that it can work really, really well.  Heck, by now I think a Gus offense holds every major offensive record at AU. 

All we need is:

1) A little less predictability, especially on 1st down.

2) More of a thread in the vertical passing game

3) More depth at QB.

Fix this, and it's all gravy...

8 minutes ago, PatBoCamRob said:

I'm good with whomever we select, as long as we don't do this again:

meerkat-fusion.jpg

Oh we will be doing that. That's a Gus Malzahn staple. Hell, If we didn't do that, I'd feel like we were watching BYU or Tenn Martin

Cumble just got promoted from co-OC to OC at TCU after his co-OC took a job elsewhere. Read an interview with him and he seemed like a nice guy who would fit in, but he doesn't call the plays.

Who are we down to here?! I got a really bad feeling that Gus and JJ blew this. If that's the case, start up the head coach thread for next year. We may be able to break a record for pages. 

22 minutes ago, PatBoCamRob said:

I'm good with whomever we select, as long as we don't do this again:

meerkat-fusion.jpg

Agree, I really felt that some of our players tipped plays because of this, especially JJ.  He looks to get the play and then looks at the defense where the pass was going or the run.  It is a given that our formations and personnel already tipped plays but I feel RB's and skilled positions would look towards where the play is designed to go and that works in high school but top defensive players read the offensive players for signs.

7 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Mike Yurich, OkState

Sunny Cumbie, TCU

Guess we'll never run the ball again

Thanks for sharing.  That article on Yurich is interesting.   He seems middle of the road by OkSt standards.   Also interesting to read the comments further below,. One fan posted,. Would they rather have a middle of the road Yurich for 5 to 10 years,. Or have to replace a Holgerson/ Monken type every two years.  

What about the OC at UConn? He knows Gus's offense and I'm sure money wouldn't be a factor as we can pay him more than he's making there. Oh, wait....:dunno:

1 hour ago, AUTIGERinSC said:

Both Yurcich and Cumbie were about 50/50 this year. 

Yurcich makes more sense than Cumbie. Didn't Cumbie turn down the Texas OC job?

I would say if these are the two choices then neither.  Neither of these two are that impressive but since we are dead set on not hiring Briles then i guess this is who we have to choose from. My only question if the coaches out there perceive that Gus is on the hot seat then why would any top tier OC want to come. If JJ and others are still meddling in the program then we will continue to have problems when it comes to hiring top tier assistance and for that matter head coaches. For all that Auburn offers as a University and a community I wish they would quit meddling in the program.

Well if you were an up and coming coach, and had a chance to come to a program that has talent and turn it around in a year you pretty much lock up a head coaching gig.There is also the fact that we will likely drop between 800k and 1.5 mil to the right candidate. I could think of several other reasons. My guess is we already have one locked up we are just waiting on the agents and lawyers to work out the details. 

59 minutes ago, AU-Allen said:

Well if you were an up and coming coach, and had a chance to come to a program that has talent and turn it around in a year you pretty much lock up a head coaching gig.There is also the fact that we will likely drop between 800k and 1.5 mil to the right candidate. I could think of several other reasons. My guess is we already have one locked up we are just waiting on the agents and lawyers to work out the details. 

If we throw that kinda money at one of these two guys then we has wasted our money again. Proving that JJ needs to go.

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

What about the OC at UConn? He knows Gus's offense and I'm sure money wouldn't be a factor as we can pay him more than he's making there. Oh, wait....:dunno:

Haven't we already heard that he'd turned us down?

2 hours ago, gr82be said:

JJ is saving him to be our next HC.

@doc4aday I just read about Belle.  I am so sorry, I know that ol' gal means a lot to you.  I hope you can keep her a bit longer, but if not, enjoy the memories of the blessings and smiles she brought to you. War damn Corgi! God bless.  

Archived