Rhett leaves AU / New OC discussion (Merged)

auburnphan

2 minutes ago, AUMASTERS said:

No but it is entertaining; the funny thing is that after the hire is made (if it hasn't already been made), is that 1/2 will approve of the hire , and 1/2 won't, so we will continue bitching , and complaining all the way to spring.

Probably, however, on multiple new threads.

Isn't 51 pages and counting pretty good?

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, WDEAUDAD said:

What a disaster this "search" has become.  Maybe AU can settle for its 14th or 15th choice.  Stuff like this is embarrassing.

What are you talking about??? Everyone needs to breath. Go get yourself a nice Adult Beverage and relax.

6 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

Now if we can get posters to stop typing should of instead of should have or should've.  While I am at it, there is no such word as alot...a lot is two words.

The American Heritage Book of English Usage states that “alot is still considered an error in print” but notes that standard words have formed by fusion of the article with a noun, such as another and awhile, and suggests the possibility that alot may, like them, eventually enter standard usage. [6]

3 minutes ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

The American Heritage Book of English Usage states that “alot is still considered an error in print” but notes that standard words have formed by fusion of the article with a noun, such as another and awhile, and suggests the possibility that alot may, like them, eventually enter standard usage. [6]

I like that A LOT!

Just now, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

'snot how I thought 'twould unfold.

3 minutes ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

It is interesting how often repeated errors become so commonplace that many folks consider them to be acceptable.  Note that the above states that alot *may* eventually enter standard usage. 

1 minute ago, Mike4AU said:

It is interesting how often repeated errors become so commonplace that many folks consider them to be acceptable.  Note that the above states that alot *may* eventually enter standard usage. 

That's from 1996. Not sure if updated.

3 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

That's a whole 'nother ...

never mind

33 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

???? off topic but entertaining. On topic we will have a name soon and no one here that's actually posted has a clue who that is yet.

I have THE name.....Derek Dooley.

WDE!

41 minutes ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

Whenever someone mentions alot, I think of this:

http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/04/alot-is-better-than-you-at-everything.html?m=1

Well, it seems that my effort to eliminate the use of alot has turned into a good example of the Streisand Effect.  But a funny one at that. 

Where is my red pen when I need it?   ??

13 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Well that was entertaining alot or a lot or a lotto, I trained bird well and I'm not inferring anything

But are you implying anything?

Just now, Mike4AU said:

I come from a long line of educators.  I know all about get abused by a red pen!

Out of likes...?

Archived