Rhett leaves AU / New OC discussion (Merged)

auburnphan

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

Perplexing innuendo.

How difficult can a suppository be? even in Italian?

28 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

I come from a long line of educators.  I know all about getting  abused by a red pen!

I was a paid grader at Auburn starting my junior year.............after a few PBR's everybody got a lot/alot of red

13 minutes ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

JB Grimes to UConn.

Assembling his staff faster than we are?

WDE

57 minutes ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

JB Grimes to UConn.

IMO they got a good o-line coach if this is true.Not that I doubt you.

13 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Well Sonny Dykes is now gone. TCU

Honestly I thought he would go back to the state of Texas...I just got the wrong school ( Baylor) 

5 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

@doc4aday I just read about Belle.  I am so sorry, I know that ol' gal means a lot to you.  I hope you can keep her a bit longer, but if not, enjoy the memories of the blessings and smiles she brought to you. War damn Corgi! God bless.  

Thank you for your kind words for Belle. She is ready to go, and I am doing everything I can to make her comfortable. She has been such a resilient girl, surviving for months past the date the Oncologist Vet told us she would go. She will stay in my mind and heart until I see her again in Heaven. I know her spirit will make things hard on all of our opponents in 2017!

1 hour ago, kd4au said:

IMO they got a good o-line coach if this is true.Not that I doubt you.

And recruiting is not as big of a deal there,. So he can just develop all he wants.    Good hire for them. 

17 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

Thank you for your kind words for Belle. She is ready to go, and I am doing everything I can to make her comfortable. She has been such a resilient girl, surviving for months past the date the Oncologist Vet told us she would go. She will stay in my mind and heart until I see her again in Heaven. I know her spirit will make things hard on all of our opponents in 2017!

So sad to read about your Corgi. We had one while I was growing up and she (Skittles) was the sweetest, friendliest pup! We had this outrageous (huge and frilly) orange & blue game day color for her that she wore during the fall. It's hard to lose a furry family member.

And not to derail the thread...while I trust we will have an OC soon, I hate that the PTB step in and don't allow the coach to fully run his own program. IMO they shouldn't set Bama as the standard if they won't give the coach control, like what I assume goes on across the state. Trust Gus to live or die by his choices. Maybe we will all be surprised and their minds will be changed. #fingerscrossed

Has it been mentioned possibility our new OC is still coaching in NFL playoffs?

1 minute ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Anyone think Gus will look to the high school ranks ?? Serious question . 

I would think that Gus understands what is riding on the success of this hire. He'll probably want someone with some past success. I would at least.  

3 minutes ago, AU04ever said:

I would think that Gus understands what is riding on the success of this hire. He'll probably want someone with some past success. I would at least.  

I agree 100.. I expect a big hire

13 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Anyone think Gus will look to the high school ranks ?? Serious question . 

No

14 minutes ago, Hopsing said:

Has it been mentioned possibility our new OC is still coaching in NFL playoffs?

On about 10 of the 53 pages of drivel.

We are not going to hire an OC and instead will invest the salary so we can use it to pay part of the buyout that so many folks on here want. Would be good fiscal sense for the university.

13 minutes ago, wareagle881 said:

We are not going to hire an OC and instead will invest the salary so we can use it to pay part of the buyout that so many folks on here want. Would be good fiscal sense for the university.

Money is not an issue whatsoever. We will likely pay the new OC in the $800,000.00 range or more. Being the same state with bammer, we will pony up whatever is needed to hire a top tier OC. Look for a "wow" hire. Gus has to get it right for 2017. If he gives us a 9 or more wins regular season in 2017, he will be around for a while as long as he keeps winning. Must beat Uga in 2017. Bammer is another issue all of its own.

3 hours ago, JMassie11 said:

Has Kyle Shannahans been mentioned yet?

Are you talking about the lawyer dude that has his face and phone number on billboards all across the state of Alabama?

Archived