Rhett leaves AU / New OC discussion (Merged)

auburnphan

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, lionheartkc said:

Well I'm gonna to go then! And I don't need any of this. I don't need this stuff, and I don't need *you*. I don't need anything. Just this ashtray... And this paddle game. - The ashtray and the paddle game and that's all I need... And this remote control. - The ashtray, the paddle game, and the remote control, and that's all I need... And these matches. - The ashtray, and these matches, and the remote control, and the paddle ball... And this lamp. - The ashtray, this paddle game, and the remote control, and the lamp, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The paddle game and the chair, and the remote control, and the matches for sure.  - And this. That's all I need.

Its probaly for the best you go.....

sorry about the wrong thing KC, but your post was insulting in implying that nobody has any knowledge when many on here share what they can for the sake of everyone and is why people leave that have good info because people insult them for sharing.

2 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Have to say, E... I'm hurt by that comment.  I didn't call anyone names, site any incomplete data or quote any unproven talking points. 

It was strictly the you not believing the source part of your post. That's a Jeff staple. He does not believe anything unless he can verify it himself. Nothing wrong with that. I wasn't referring to the other attributes you just mentioned.

4 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Well, what's going on here :big:

Everyone is just getting so excited for when Jeff Jagodzinski is hired as our new oc and Qbs coach!!! WOOOOO!!!! LETS GO!

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

Everyone is just getting so excited for when jeff jagodzinski is hired as our new oc and Qbs coach!!! WOOOOO!!!! LETS GO!

I'm guessing he is the Penn State OC. 

Amirite?

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

It was strictly the you not believing the source part of your post. That's a Jeff staple. He does not believe anything unless he can verify it himself. Nothing wrong with that. I wasn't referring to the other attributes you just mentioned.

This is true. 

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I'm guessing he is the Penn State OC. 

Amirite?

27172118.jpg

Just now, auburnphan said:

sorry about the wrong thing KC, but your post was insulting in implying that nobody has any knowledge when many on here share what they can for the sake of everyone and is why people leave that have good info because people insult them for sharing.

Sorry if it came across as implying that. There was a level of emotional reaction to someone just saying "wrong" to something and not backing it up... especially when there are a good number of people around here who proclaim rumors as truth and go to the wall to defend them. 

I have no insiders, I'm just very good a putting pieces of puzzles together. I also know that even our best insiders don't have the full story a lot of the time, because the only people who know the real truth are Gus and a handful of others.

In any case, no harm - no foul...:cheers:

Just now, lionheartkc said:

Sorry if it came across as implying that. There was a level of emotional reaction to someone just saying "wrong" to something and not backing it up... especially when there are a good number of people around here who proclaim rumors as truth and go to the wall to defend them. 

I have no insiders, I'm just very good a putting pieces of puzzles together. I also know that even our best insiders don't have the full story a lot of the time, because the only people who know the real truth are Gus and a handful of others.

It is all good I was in the "wrong"   get it lol  my bad

15 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Ok phan... lay it out... let us all know exactly what happened and your solid sources for said info...

He is correct. Although you are partially correct in that Rhett has been looking at other jobs for a couple years. 

8 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Well, what's going on here :big:

@ellitor just calling it how it is. One of the reasons I respect him as a poster. No harm, no foul.

22 minutes ago, ellitor said:

He was not fired but he was essentially run off. There was going to be offensive staff movement specifically involving Rhett had UConn not come along at the 11th hour & got him out of AU.

I don't have any sources the best one I have is waiting until things happen...but you honestly think he would have been fired if Uconn not hired him? I can see him possibly being reassigned but fired...I just can't see Gus signing off on that. 

8 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Understood but when every AU reporter & insider on every AU site all say essentially the same thing at minimum (in this case movement in O staff involving Rhett highly likely) then odds are very, very high it's true.

1 minute ago, PoetTiger said:

I don't have any sources the best one I have is waiting until things happen...but you honestly think he would have been fired if Uconn not hired him? I can see him possibly being reassigned but fired...I just can't see Gus signing off on that. 

My post pretty much spelled out reassigned, not fired.

4 minutes ago, api1957 said:

It's the ole "you're not fired" BUT you need to find another job.

If movement on staff was not in play he would not gave taken the UConn OC job. He would not have taken that type of job last year.

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

My post pretty much spelled out reassigned, not fired.

I did not think you implied that.. I was really just asking an honest question. As far as Rhett everyone couldn see Gus talking him up during interviews for a job as far back as last season. I am just curious what may have happened if Uconn had not hired him. That's all..

1 minute ago, PoetTiger said:

I did not think you implied that.. I was really just asking an honest question. As far as Rhett everyone couldn see Gus talking him up during interviews for a job as far back as last season. I am just curious what may have happened if Uconn had not hired him. That's all..

My bad for misreading your post.

I like the earlier idea of giving info on our wish list candidates. So I hope this works from my phone...

http://www.latechsports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/020516aaa.html

http://www.latechsports.com/sports/m-footbl/stats/2016-2017/teamcume.html

Wow. It's so cordial in here. Everyone's using their words and talking through feelings. Did I miss a group therapy session?

Just now, bryanlooney said:

Wow. It's so cordial in here. Everyone using their words and talking through feelings. Did I miss a group therapy session?

Yes Jay jacobs sunday school class led it. Hate you missed out. Funnel cakes were the food of choice for the session.

Just now, AUDevil said:

When Rhett's desk was moved to the basement storage room, he got the message.

But did they let him keep the Swingline stapler?

Archived