Rhett leaves AU / New OC discussion (Merged)

auburnphan

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

PLEASE NO MORE AUBURN MAN TALK! We are in this mess in all of our mens sports because being a Auburn man is so important.......

David Benedict, former chief operating officer in the Auburn University

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, GwillMac6 said:

I just have PTSD from Auburn man being thrown around. Lets be real here rhett was forced out and benedict got rhett a soft landing spot.

LoL, no worries my friend. I was just saying there was a connection. Pushed out or not, everyone was so shocked he went to UCONN of all places. Well, there is a connection. It wasn't completely random that's where he landed. 

1 minute ago, WinningTradition said:

Call me uninformed but why do I see Chris Todd's name? Has or does he coach or am I missing the joke?

That has to be a joke.  He's not coaching,  I think he's a salesman of some sort.

Just now, AEAugirl said:

That has to be a joke.  He's not coaching,  I think he's a salesman of some sort.

no he is not. He works at pet smart as their lead cat expert.

Just now, thaitopher said:

some people are starting to say Herb Hand with quite a bit of confidence. This board is definitely going to flip if he is promoted to OC. 

Probably because it worked out Oh So well the last time our OL coach moved over to OC. 2003 bring up any memories? 

So we get rid of him.....got rid of DC because of him.....hire the teacher for the recruiter db guy....this new guy better be a good recruiter.....don't care what any of you that will disagree say, I know what I'm talking about. Pretty much the only thing that can save is these next few years is we better win. And when we lose we better look good when that happens to. 

Our situation right now has all types of pre cursors of catastrophe

2 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

some people are starting to say Herb Hand with quite a bit of confidence. This board is definitely going to flip if he is promoted to OC. 

So basically, we're getting Loeffler'd.

My head has been preparing my heart for this.

1 minute ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Probably because it worked out Oh So well the last time our OL coach moved over to OC. 2003 bring up any memories? 

Not many good ones. I still remember walking out of that '03 USC game

6 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

Who are "some people"?

3 minutes ago, AUjcsbija said:

Not many good ones. I still remember walking out of that '03 USC game

Me too. I had been in a training for a week in Denver, then Minneapolis for Wells Fargo Home Mortgage the weeks prior to that game.  I talked a LOT of smack those weeks... I've never done it since... 

Just now, Auburn2Eugene said:

Me too. I had been in a training for a week in Denver, then Minneapolis for Wells Fargo Home Mortgage the weeks prior to that game.  I talked a LOT of smack those weeks... I've never done it since... 

we were the first victim of the matt leinart/pete carroll and friends dynasty.

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

we were the first victim of the matt leinart/pete carroll and friends dynasty.

Pretty sure it was game 1 for Leinart wasn't it... 

So yeah about the new OC... I think it's probably gonna be KB,  but as Scott's said, not Kodi. It's not unheard of, Kodi moved here months after taking the RB coach job at Arizona State. 

Keep in mind of a few reports when Stidham committed 

"Stidham said Briles’ relationship with Gus Malzahn was a major factor in attracting Stidham to Auburn.

“I think, initially, I kind of thought about (the Tigers), and one of the reasons was because coach Briles and coach Malzahn had a good relationship. So, I knew he trusted coach Malzahn,” Stidham said.

Just now, Auburn2Eugene said:

Pretty sure it was game 1 for Leinart wasn't it... 

So yeah about the new OC... I think it's probably gonna be KB,  but as Scott's said, not Kodi. It's not unheard of, Kodi moved here months after taking the RB coach job at Arizona State. 

it was. The first year after carson palmer had won the heisman and went number 1 overall. had no clue who leinart was. found out he was special on the college level in a hurry........ KB is a ace recruiter and is a much better passing game coordinator than gus. that would be a big win.

9 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Who are "some people"?

By "some" I meant "one" guy over on the Rant. Seems to know what he is talking about. ?But in light of what PTB said about the new guy already having been chosen it only makes logical sense that it would be Herb Hand. 

Twitter rumbling with Chip Lindsey... Most media believe that's the guy who was already selected and why he didn't take any other jobs. If not it's 100% a Briles.

Edit:I'm not completely against Hand,  if Hand and Gus can bring that O they had at Tulsa back to life, Stidham would be a Heisman candidate. Imo. 

I just read it on al.com I can't believe he made a lateral move for far less money. I agree with eagle eye. This decision may have been made for him and not by his wife.

5 minutes ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

Twitter rumbling with Chip Lindsey... Most media believe that's the guy who was already selected and why he didn't take any other jobs. If not it's 100% a Briles.

Or..,,Herb Hand.

Archived