Rhett leaves AU / New OC discussion (Merged)

auburnphan

2 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

I read on Bleacher report that Yurcich pulls his name out of Auburn's OC search.

4 pages ago I think. Things move fast in this thread. 

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, auburnphan said:

Gus has been a good/great OC, but one of the most prolific in college football history for christ sake get a grip.   

It's true... It may not have been so if he stayed an OC longer, but in his time as an OC he set numerous records, had 3 top offenses, won a national championship, etc. There aren't many OCs that had the consistent level of success he had at all stops. Heck, even in his down years he set school records (i.e. 2009).

4 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

I read on Bleacher report that Yurcich pulls his name out of Auburn's OC search. Now who does Gus bring in?

I took that as one of two things.........either he has been told we are going in a different direction, or he just isn't interested. If Gus announces a hire in the next day or two, it's the first one. 

11 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

I read on Bleacher report that Yurcich pulls his name out of Auburn's OC search. Now who does Gus bring in?

Dw0aAdC.png

21 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

With friends like these, who needs enemies?You guys are so negative, when in reality, there are very few of you on here that have any factual information to base your "knowlege" on. Geez. The kindergarten teacher in me says "Be patient." and "Be kind." Carry on. Have fun, I guess. I know my opinion won't stop any of the speculation. :-\ A lot of this exact same kind of talk was aimed at Gene Chizik and Gus was the genius. Now Gus is the stubborn and paranoid one?

Exactly ....I swear some of you are quick to eat their own. Gus is responsible for some of the best offenses ever at Auburn now some want to act like we came off a season like Nall/Ensminger. If he fails let him fail on his own without meddling in every decision he wants to make. Auburn just can't seem to get out of its own way sometimes.

4 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

It's true... It may not have been so if he stayed an OC longer, but in his time as an OC he set numerous records, had 3 top offenses, won a national championship, etc. There aren't many OCs that had the consistent level of success he had at all stops. Heck, even in his down years he set school records (i.e. 2009).

So who are your top 10 offensive coordinators of all time that you rank Gus with.  You must have that list handy and researched this to make such a claim.   Bragging about breaking offensive records at a school that has a proud history of being a ball control tough defense style of football really does nothing for your argument with anyone who follows football, but might impress some ladies at church on Sunday that don't follow Auburn.  Like I said he is a good/great OC but best of all time, get real.  Does the best of all time play 3 QB's do the whirlybird and the Coxcat.  Or does he evolve his offense.  Cam won us a National Championship.  If he is so brilliant why are we trying to bring in an OC who can evolve his passing game?

55 minutes ago, DAG said:

At this point I don't even care if chip is signed on. With all the talent we have on that side of the ball, a freaking monkey could come up with a game plan and back up plan to be productive. 

This is a team who had so much depth at the RB position that Kam was originally a freaking FB. Think about that for a second

I think he's talking about you AUTIGER in SC.

What do y'all think about Dameyune Craig being named OC/QB coach? Could it be too late for Dameyune cause he really pissed off Gus for leaving us to become OC/WR coach at LSU?

6 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

What do y'all think about Dameyune Craig being named OC/QB coach? Could it be too late for Dameyune cause he really pissed off Gus for leaving us to become OC/WR coach at LSU?

Man, what is your story? 

18 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

So who are your top 10 offensive coordinators of all time that you rank Gus with.  You must have that list handy and researched this to make such a claim.   Bragging about breaking offensive records at a school that has a proud history of being a ball control tough defense style of football really does nothing for your argument with anyone who follows football, but might impress some ladies at church on Sunday that don't follow Auburn.  Like I said he is a good/great OC but best of all time, get real.  Does the best of all time play 3 QB's do the whirlybird and the Coxcat.  Or does he evolve his offense.  Cam won us a National Championship.  If he is so brilliant why are we trying to bring in an OC who can evolve his passing game?

First... 3 Qbs and a whirlybird is HC Gus, not OC Gus... different job... get over it.

Second, Cam doesn't win crap without a good offensive game plan. I guess you think we just sent Cam out there and said "go win".

Third, Gus was not just the OC at Auburn.  He also had the top rated offense in the nation, twice, at Tulsa. And let's not forget that at that Tulsa stop, he was the first coach in history to have a 5000 yard passer, 1000 yard rusher, and 3 1000 yard receivers in one season. 

Fourth, yes setting the offensive record at Auburn means something, unless you think the 2004 offense with an entire backfield going in the 1st round of the draft was just "ball control"

Fifth... I never once said "best of all time", I said "one of the most prolific".  Let's break that down "one of", that means among a group... "the most", that refers to the group resides at the top of a list... "prolific", that means exceptionally productive.

As for why we are trying to bring in an OC who can evolve the passing game... that would be because he's our Head Coach, now, and has more to do than just tinker with the offense.

I get it... you hate Gus because the last two seasons haven't lived up to your expectations, but I guarantee you that there are quite a few OCs who would love to learn from someone who has accomplished what he accomplished because there vision isn't clouded by a need to keep up with the team across the state.  They just want to be better at what they do by learning from someone who has done it very well.

1 minute ago, lionheartkc said:

First... 3 Qbs and a whirlybird is HC Gus, not OC Gus... different job... get over it.

Second, Cam doesn't win crap without a good offensive game plan. I guess you think we just sent Cam out there and said "go win".

Third, Gus was not just the OC at Auburn.  He also had the top rated offense in the nation, twice, at Tulsa. 

Fourth, yes setting the offensive record at Auburn means something, unless you think the 2004 offense with an entire backfield going in the 1st round of the draft was just "ball control"

Fifth... I never once said "best of all time", I said "one of the most prolific".  Let's break that down "one of", that means among a group... "the most", that refers to the group resides at the top of a list... "prolific", that means exceptionally productive.

As for why we are trying to bring in an OC who can evolve the passing game... that would be because he's our Head Coach, now, and has more to do than just tinker with the offense.

I get it... you hate Gus because the last two seasons haven't lived up to your expectations, but I guarantee you that there are quite a few OCs who would love to learn from someone who has accomplished what he accomplished because there vision isn't clouded by a need to keep up with the team across the state.  They just want to be better at what they do by learning from someone who has done it very well.

using your logic he was co-offensive coordinator at Tulsa so he can't get credit.  and thanks for proving my point.  Good Day Sir, and never said I hate Gus because of the last 2 yrs, that is just you acting like a baby..  I could give 2 sh$ts what happens at bama, never will but nice assumption.

6 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Third, Gus was not just the OC at Auburn.  He also had the top rated offense in the nation, twice, at Tulsa. And let's not forget that at that Tulsa stop, he was the first coach in history to have a 5000 yard passer, 1000 yard rusher, and 3 1000 yard receivers in one season. 

How can we not give Gus credit for being a dang good OC when he called that fantastic play to Lutzie to put us ahead for good in the Alabama game? 

..or give him a chance as HC to bring in a quality OC with good credentials in the passing game and play calling?

I think this protracted delay has everyone wearing thin...."sit down Francis"  comes to mind.

"

8 minutes ago, Beaker said:

I think this protracted delay has everyone wearing thin...."sit down Francis"  comes to mind.

"

acknowledged and appreciated.

5 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Don't laugh at the Kiffen and Kendall to AU. If Gus screws this hire up, that could be the exact headline come next December.

Won't be JJ making the hire......

1 hour ago, PoetTiger said:

Exactly ....I swear some of you are quick to eat their own. Gus is responsible for some of the best offenses ever at Auburn now some want to act like we came off a season like Nall/Ensminger. If he fails let him fail on his own without meddling in every decision he wants to make. Auburn just can't seem to get out of its own way sometimes.

Nobody doubts his offensive play calling, but some of us a having increased fear of his HC ability based upon his current state of work. As an OC you have a HC to keep you on track. When you are a HC that wants to be your own OC then you lose that objective guidance. It is not about eating our own, it is about when you see a family member going down the wrong path you know it might be time to intervene. We do have an obligation to the young men that come in to play football to give them a capable adult to guide them. Lately Gus has not been acting like a grown adult.

Archived