Rhett leaves AU / New OC discussion (Merged)

auburnphan

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, AUinTLoosa said:

I'm breathless with anticip.....

Me to - it's like the old joke " you know how to keep a Pollock in suspense ?                                                                                          I'll tell you tomorrow.

50 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

First... 3 Qbs and a whirlybird is HC Gus, not OC Gus... different job... get over it.

Second, Cam doesn't win crap without a good offensive game plan. I guess you think we just sent Cam out there and said "go win".

Third, Gus was not just the OC at Auburn.  He also had the top rated offense in the nation, twice, at Tulsa. And let's not forget that at that Tulsa stop, he was the first coach in history to have a 5000 yard passer, 1000 yard rusher, and 3 1000 yard receivers in one season. 

Fourth, yes setting the offensive record at Auburn means something, unless you think the 2004 offense with an entire backfield going in the 1st round of the draft was just "ball control"

Fifth... I never once said "best of all time", I said "one of the most prolific".  Let's break that down "one of", that means among a group... "the most", that refers to the group resides at the top of a list... "prolific", that means exceptionally productive.

As for why we are trying to bring in an OC who can evolve the passing game... that would be because he's our Head Coach, now, and has more to do than just tinker with the offense.

I get it... you hate Gus because the last two seasons haven't lived up to your expectations, but I guarantee you that there are quite a few OCs who would love to learn from someone who has accomplished what he accomplished because there vision isn't clouded by a need to keep up with the team across the state.  They just want to be better at what they do by learning from someone who has done it very well.

You tell 'em Gus. I don't know what they expect from you anyway. It's pretty obvious you have been doing a terrific job the past 3 years. Can't be your fault you are short handed and young every darn year. We got your back. :bow:

3 minutes ago, AUMASTERS said:

Me to - it's like the old joke " you know how to keep a Pollock in suspense ?                                                                                          I'll tell you tomorrow.

Well okay, but I won't be able to sleep tonight from the suspense!!!

I honestly think what is going on is not a bunch of hits and misses. I think Gus has his guy and will let us know when he is good and ready. I think we have had a lot of fun throwing out names for the job. Even Hand for the job is a little stretch in all directions.

It will be from these:

1. Chip Lindsey

2. Gilbert

3. Kiffin & Kendall

4. Helfrich

5. outside chance Yurich

It will be from these men.  If Gus goes indoors for his OC I hope it is Tim Horton. By the time I finish this post, we may have already known who the hire is. You ask me how I know this? Karma and a box of Ex-lax!  Guys, I do not think Gus is missing left and right with hiring an OC. I think we will all know soon, and will be reasonably happy with the decision. I tend to think our best sources on the site are our Mods. Ellitor seems to have the closest ears and eyes as to who it will be. Golf and the other mods likely know more than we do.

maxresdefault.jpg

I think me and @aujeff11 have found our guy to be OC! He is def #notagoober does not look like George Clooney but he does look like Matthew Fox and we have come to a agreement that this is good enough.

Just now, DAG said:

Don't play with my emotions 

haha sorry I was just trying to make a point about the goober or not joke. But random posters on Rivals says he is the guy but its just message board fodder right now. WISH IT WAS TRUE BROTHER!!! 

So Sterling Gilbert is our man for the OC. Gus made an excellent choice in that Gilbert will have our passing game clicking asap. Wikipedia does not lie. Let's get our passing game a lethal weapon that we have been missing a long time.

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

maxresdefault.jpg

At least give a name with the picture. Who is this?

Just now, doc4aday said:

At least give a name with the picture. Who is this?

your guy sterling. 

7 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I think me and @aujeff11 have found our guy to be OC! He is def #notagoober does not look like George Clooney but he does look like Matthew Fox and we have come to a agreement that this is good enough.

Haha. Yep. 

2 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

They are just playing, I think, Doc. But he's pretty easy on the eyes, I'd say. :bigblush:

As long as his offense is easy on our sensibilities (and the defense), then by all means enjoy your eye-candy. 

12 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

I honestly think what is going on is not a bunch of hits and misses. I think Gus has his guy and will let us know when he is good and ready. I think we have had a lot of fun throwing out names for the job. Even Hand for the job is a little stretch in all directions.

It will be from these:

1. Chip Lindsey

2. Gilbert

3. Kiffin & Kendall

4. Helfrich

5. outside chance Yurich

It will be from these men.  If Gus goes indoors for his OC I hope it is Tim Horton. By the time I finish this post, we may have already known who the hire is. You ask me how I know this? Karma and a box of Ex-lax!  Guys, I do not think Gus is missing left and right with hiring an OC. I think we will all know soon, and will be reasonably happy with the decision. I tend to think our best sources on the site are our Mods. Ellitor seems to have the closest ears and eyes as to who it will be. Golf and the other mods likely know more than we do.

You cut n paste this post several times or am I having deja vu?

12 minutes ago, AU-Allen said:

Sterling Gilbert

At least get his name right ! Sterling like  in silver is something you give or receive at weddings (in the past).

Archived