Rhett leaves AU / New OC discussion (Merged)

auburnphan

31 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

I heard that Sterling Beer used water out of Lake Erie back in the day that you could literally throw a match in the lake, and it would start a fire on the water!

I don't know about that Doc, but I know you could strike a match at your rear end, and fart and shoot a flame from Auburn to Columbus.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

His very same post is on 2-3 other pages.

Struck me funny..

Never thought I'd say this, but

I ran out of likes today.

IOU

9 minutes ago, AUMASTERS said:

I don't know about that Doc, but I know you could strike a match at your rear end, and fart and shoot a flame from Auburn to Columbus.

Doc - I think it was the Cuyahoga River, and I think it melted a bridge.

Mr. Masters, sir

I believe that the flames were limited to Cleveland.

3 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

You cut n paste this post several times or am I having deja vu?

I THOUGHT I WAS GOING CRAZY...BUT AS IT TURNS OUT....

3 hours ago, doc4aday said:

I honestly think what is going on is not a bunch of hits and misses. I think Gus has his guy and will let us know when he is good and ready. I think we have had a lot of fun throwing out names for the job. Even Hand for the job is a little stretch in all directions.

It will be from these:

1. Chip Lindsey

2. Gilbert

3. Kiffin & Kendall

4. Helfrich

5. outside chance Yurich

It will be from these men.  If Gus goes indoors for his OC I hope it is Tim Horton. By the time I finish this post, we may have already known who the hire is. You ask me how I know this? Karma and a box of Ex-lax!  Guys, I do not think Gus is missing left and right with hiring an OC. I think we will all know soon, and will be reasonably happy with the decision. I tend to think our best sources on the site are our Mods. Ellitor seems to have the closest ears and eyes as to who it will be. Golf and the other mods likely know more than we do.

6 hours ago, doc4aday said:

I honestly think what is going on is not a bunch of hits and misses. I think Gus has his guy and will let us know when he is good and ready. I think we have had a lot of fun throwing out names for the job. Even Hand for the job is a little stretch in all directions.

It will be from these:

1. Chip Lindsey

2. Gilbert

3. Kiffin & Kendall

4. Helfrich

5. outside chance Yurich

It will be from these men.  If Gus goes indoors for his OC I hope it is Tim Horton. By the time I finish this post, we may have already known who the hire is. You ask me how I know this? Karma and a box of Ex-lax!  Guys, I do not think Gus is missing left and right with hiring an OC. I think we will all know soon, and will be reasonably happy with the decision. I tend to think our best sources on the site are our Mods. Ellitor seems to have the closest ears and eyes as to who it will be. Golf and the other mods likely know more than we do. Yes, trust the mods

7 hours ago, doc4aday said:

I honestly think what is going on is not a bunch of hits and misses. I think Gus has his guy and will let us know when he is good and ready. I think we have had a lot of fun throwing out names for the job. Even Hand for job is a little stretch in all directions.

It will be from these:

1. Chip Lindsey

2. Gilbert

3. Kiffin & Kendall

4. Helfrich

5. outside chance Yurich

It will be from these men.  If Gus goes indoors for his OC I hope it is Tim Horton. By the time I finish this post, we may have already known who the hire is. You ask me how I know this? Karma and a box of Ex-lax!

5 minutes ago, AUinTLoosa said:

Doc - I think it was the Cuyahoga River, and I think it melted a bridge.

Mr. Masters, sir

I believe that the flames were limited to Cleveland.

Sometimes around here we have to laugh to keep from crying.

4 minutes ago, AUMASTERS said:

Sometimes around here we have to laugh to keep from crying.

In all seriousness, 

keep laughing.

Just now, WeagleTheBeagle said:

You serious Clark?

I don't have any pertinent information. It just wants I am feeling. Honestly, there is a movement going around saying from 247 and tRant. Hopeful wishing probably. Almost makes too much sense.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I don't have any pertinent information. It just wants I am feeling. Honestly, there is a movement going around saying from 247 and tRant. Hopeful wishing probably. Almost makes too much sense.

Wow, would be a great hire if true.  Wasnt he just hired at USF?  

Just now, WeagleTheBeagle said:

Wow, would be a great hire if true.  Wasnt he just hired at USF?  

Yep, he went there with Charlie Strong.

Gus decided to wait until tomorrow to announce Gilbert as the OC due to Pearl getting his 500th victory tonight.  Did not want to steal his thunder.....  I'm kidding of course, but it makes about as much sense around here as everything else that has been flying around.  In all seriousness, I have a feeling it will be announce by end of day on Friday at the latest.  Just think they want to get this out of the way prior to focusing on BC this weekend.  My two cents worth.

I'll take anyone that adds RPO's into the offense.  It's what made Stidham so deadly at Baylor.  

If it's Gilbert he does run RPO's and if he is hired you can bet your sweet a** that Saban will be on the enforcing the 3 yard limit for lineman even more.  Watch and see!

9 minutes ago, corchjay said:

I'll take anyone that adds RPO's into the offense.  It's what made Stidham so deadly at Baylor.  

If it's Gilbert he does run RPO's and if he is hired you can bet your sweet a** that Saban will be on the enforcing the 3 yard limit for lineman even more.  Watch and see!

You just made me think of this video because of this line by Tebow...

55 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Lol this threads not gonna hit 100 pages 

Wanna bet. It went 16 pages alone today. Less than 8 pages to go my friend.

4 hours ago, roe4christ said:

In all seriousness, I have a feeling it will be announce by end of day on Friday at the latest.  Just think they want to get this out of the way prior to focusing on BC this weekend.  My two cents worth.

Well if it's not announced by this weekend....what does that say about the OC issue?  On the outside it will appear to not look good, can't find anyone and the questions/concerns will really escalate then. Maybe Gus has a plan like we always think coaches do when asst coaches leave.

What's the scoop on Randy Sanders, co-offensive coordinator, FSU?  Former SEC QB and current QB coach fo D. Francois.  Coached Winston in 2013.  Coached Reggie Cobb at U.K.  2 National Championships with UT and FSU.  Early 50's, so may not be looking to jump to a HC position any time soon. Knows the southern landscape. Would he be interested in having the OC position by himself? 

Does Gus let a New OC actually run the offense....and is this also going through the minds of potential candidates? Will a proven OC take the chance?

Are you guys just asking rhetorical questions about candidates or are you really asking posters on this board are we considering them. Because if you're asking posters on this board as if they are sitting in meetings and can slide your suggestions in I'm LMAO!

Archived