Rhett leaves AU / New OC discussion (Merged)

auburnphan

2 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Noel Mazzone isn't leaving his job as Texas A&M offensive coordinator for same job at Auburn, insider tells .

Yeah, AUFamily was being trolled to take the wind out of the exciting 100 page goal.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Noel Mazzone isn't leaving his job as Texas A&M offensive coordinator for same job at Auburn, insider tells .

Did he get his raise from A&M ?

Fact:  Not an upgrade.      At best, someone argues he is 'a wash'.

Fact:  RL left so we could upgrade.

Fact:  There is a major miscommunication somewhere in the process or someone would be named by now.  Every coach has a list...our process is broke or.....the new OC is still coaching (NFL).

If we screwed up, let's load the moving van with cash and go buy Riley or Gilbert.  The AD could do that or buy out Gus next year.  "Pay me now or pay me later...."

Beat writers complain so much that Gus gives out so little info...but his off-season moves and rumors offer all kinds of writing material.

2 hours ago, imaolgatiger said:

This is going to be hilarious if Mr. Haney is trolling!

13 minutes ago, imaolgatiger said:

Image result for mr haney green acres Are y'all enjoying my tweet?

This has been better than a movie!

2 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Every coach has a list...our process is broke or.....the new OC is still coaching (NFL).

Who from the Steelers, Patriots, Packers or Falcons would you consider as a possible candidate for the OC position?

Just now, Beaker said:

Assumption:  There is a major miscommunication somewhere in the process or someone would be named by now.  Every coach has a list...our process is broke or.....the new OC is still coaching (NFL).

Fixed it for you... Don't forget... we're in crunch time of recruiting.  Gus and crew have been on the road pretty much constantly. These things take time, anyway, and it's much harder when you are trying to do 2 things at once. 

2 hours ago, Weagle1787 said:

I don't think Gus is going to hire the Braves' former pitching coach...

my bad...Noel Mazzone it is. Maybe the former Braves pitching coach would make a better OC than Noel.

1 minute ago, aufan57 said:

Who from the Steelers, Patriots, Packers or Falcons would you consider as a possible candidate for the OC position?

Shanahan, the OC of the Falcons is the hottest commodity right now. He was just named NFL coordinator of the year. The Falcons have had a amazing offense this year. One of the 8 best in NFL history. That being said, Shanahan is pretty much a done deal to the 49ers as their next head coach.

4 minutes ago, The lions roar said:

Millennials can come back from their safe place now-and comparable millennials

yeah, us millennials area all really freaking out over here.

oh wait, you're telling me that Gus and JJ and Marcello and PM and Keef and pretty much everyone reporting all this crap AREN'T millennials???? ah well, blame it on the gd millennials anyway, they get blamed for everything else.

3 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Shanahan, the OC of the Falcons is the hottest commodity right now. He was just named NFL coordinator of the year. The Falcons have had a amazing offense this year. One of the 8 best in NFL history. That being said, Shanahan is pretty much a done deal to the 49ers as their next head coach.

I think he is heading to SF 49ers...

9 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Fact:  There is a major miscommunication somewhere in the process or someone would be named by now.  Every coach has a list...our process is broke or.....the new OC is still coaching (NFL).

If we screwed up, let's load the moving van with cash and go buy Riley or Gilbert.  The AD could do that or buy out Gus next year.  "Pay me now or pay me later...."

I'm beginning to think (hope) we've got our guy and we're waiting for NSD to pass.  

The new OC will have minimal impact on the 2017 class.  OL recruits are more concerned with what Hand is doing.  We have an outside chance at a couple of WRs, but they won't make or break the class as a whole.  The remaining big dogs are on defense.

An OC leaving right before signing day could be disastrous to some teams.  Maybe that's the hold up, and why everything is so hush-hush.

WDE!

Just now, MadtownTiger said:

An OC leaving right before signing day could be disastrous to some teams.  Maybe that's the hold up, and why everything is so hush-hush.

Good thought.

2 hours ago, corchjay said:

I don't believe this in the least.

My sentiments as well. I think Gus is at a true cross road in his career as a D-5 coach. If he makes a bad choice for OC or even thinks about taking over the offense, he will grab the hammer and nail his coaching coffin shut while inside of his coffin. If he screws up with this hire and blows up the  2017 season big time, he will likely never get a D-5 job or anything close to this level. Gus is smart man and one who knows what is at stake and will hire someone that can right the ship and get Auburn football back to a championship team that we all know he can be capable of doing this with the right QB and a coach who can get the most out of his QB and offensive team member.

44 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

The only negative I have is that he's done absolutely nothing to show that he would be an upgrade.  He had a senior QB and two top receivers at A&M last year and barely outperformed an Auburn offense, under Gus/Rhett, with a red shirt sophomore QB and freshman receivers, that couldn't move the ball at all for a couple of games.

I agree that if we want to move forward this would not be who I would want. I am glad it appears he is not going to be the man.

Every coaching search is like this for Gus. Nobody has a real clue on who is offered, who is not offered, and who is next up. 

4 minutes ago, MadtownTiger said:

I'm beginning to think (hope) we've got our guy and we're waiting for NSD to pass.  

The new OC will have minimal impact on the 2017 class.  OL recruits are more concerned with what Hand is doing.  We have an outside chance at a couple of WRs, but they won't make or break the class as a whole.  The remaining big dogs are on defense.

WDE!

So the coach leads the recruits on, saying I will be here for you, but knowing he has already agreed to move to a different school? 

3 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Good thought.

True, but waiting another 2 weeks would but every AU fan on meltdown mode. hahaha This thing would be 300 pages+. 

2 minutes ago, aufan57 said:

So the coach leads the recruits on, saying I will be here for you, but knowing he has already agreed to move to a different school? 

Happens ALL THE TIME.  Rhett basically did that with Joey... And Craig definitely did it with our receiver class.

Just now, gr82b4au said:

True, but waiting another 2 weeks would but every AU fan on meltdown mode. hahaha This thing would be 300 pages+. 

Maybe some will learn the art of patience...

Archived