Rhett leaves AU / New OC discussion (Merged)

auburnphan

1 minute ago, gr82b4au said:

I agree that if we want to move forward this would not be who I would want. I am glad it appears he is not going to be the man.

Every coaching search is like this for Gus. Nobody has a real clue on who is offered, who is not offered, and who is next up. 

I am beginning to think that Gus might actually being carefully and thoughtfully sifting through various candidates and making the right call. I am going to try to step back and wait to see what will happen. Only God, Gus, and the devil really know what is going on. 

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, aufan57 said:

Who from the Steelers, Patriots, Packers or Falcons would you consider as a possible candidate for the OC position?

Possibility is very low, but it's plausible Packers OC Edgar Bennett would want to move back south.  He played fullback at FSU.

WDE!

1 minute ago, doc4aday said:

I am beginning to think that Gus might actually being carefully and thoughtfully sifting through various candidates and making the right call. I am going to try to step back and wait to see what will happen. Only God, Gus, and the devil really know what is going on. 

God and Gus are alright but who is giving Nick Saban any insight???

5 minutes ago, aufan57 said:

So the coach leads the recruits on, saying I will be here for you, but knowing he has already agreed to move to a different school? 

Yes.

Happens pretty much every year.

WDE!

Just now, metafour said:

We're not getting anyone from the NFL. 

It probably ends up being Chip Lindsey. 

no reason for protracted search if this were true.....IMO

4 minutes ago, metafour said:

We're not getting anyone from the NFL. 

It probably ends up being Chip Lindsey. 

My money on the table, this would be my bet.

But only because others passed.

WDE!

When are we going to start a Tenth Assistant Coach Search thread?

I suppose we could piggyback on this one, but I think might compromise the integrity we've all worked so hard to achieve.

Because I think it might be time to bring The Zooker back to the SEC as Special Teams coach.

From his Packers bio:

Zook also held a reputation for being an excellent recruiter at the college level. In his time as head coach at Florida, he signed 10 Parade All-Americans in three years, after the school had managed a total of 20 in the previous 12 years. His 2003 recruiting class was ranked in the top three nationally and featured eight future NFL draft picks, including first-rounders Jarvis Moss and Reggie Nelson.

That legacy as a recruiter was further cemented two years following his departure, when in 2006, 22 of the 24 starters on Florida’s BCS National Championship team were players who had been recruited to Florida by Zook.

WDE!

5 minutes ago, fredst said:

200 pages is the new 100 pages. 200 or bust!

If this were the only format, we'd be at 250 by now ? Why do I keep visiting this thread hoping for news? Lol

17 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Maybe some will learn the art of patience...

Patience?

You've posted more in this thread than anyone. :lol:

2 minutes ago, MadtownTiger said:

I suppose we could piggyback on this one, but I think might compromise the integrity we've all worked so hard to achieve.

Because I think it might be time to bring The Zooker back to the SEC as Special Teams coach.

WDE!

He is pretty happy in GB

Last week I thought Gus would probably announce new OC before the big recruiting weekend and UAT basketball game.  Not going to happen.  May not mean much to these recruits as big catches are on defensive side.

1 minute ago, keesler said:

Patience?

You've posted more in this thread than anyone. :lol:

Yea... and more than anything else I've posted about how everyone needs to relax and stop assuming things... i.e. be patient.

5 minutes ago, MadtownTiger said:

I think we are technically supposed to wait until April...

5 minutes ago, cammycam2 said:

Post of the year

What's bad is this is like the 3rd time I've seen this lol....once about every 30 pages 

Quick... someone fabricate a couple of tweets about someone absurd being the lead candidate for the job.  I want to see if 247 posts it as actual news like they did with the both Mazzone tweets.

Archived