Rhett leaves AU / New OC discussion (Merged)

auburnphan

3 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

Was making around $600K at Auburn .. 

Yep,  down grade  but in order to prove himself he needs to put some distance between him and Gus to make any headway on his own. 

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, WinningTradition said:

If Lashlee took a pay cut I believe there was a mutilated agreement to part ways.

Likely...he needed to get out from Gus's shadow....might turn out the be the best thing that happens for him if he does well....will greatly improve his resume.

4 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

Was making around $600K at Auburn .. 

First thing I noticed..... he was asked to leave .....could have took the ga st job for more

Thanks for all his effort...wish him the best....maybe to become a head coach he felt he needed to expand to another part of the country...hope he remembers UCONN #1 rival....UCF....good luck....hope to see him become a head coach in the near future.  

10 minutes ago, around4ever said:

We don't need the distraction that Briles would bring with him.  I don't think this affects Stidham at all.  He is already enrolled and working out. 

Yep. No biles. This move could save Gus's job. 

2 minutes ago, au_bsci_04 said:

Well CL is known for his QB development so that's not a bad thing. He's likely be a co-OC with Hand.

Good connections in Al and Ga too.... definitely interesting

I don't think Lashlee was "fired."  He wanted to become a head coach eventually.  And he knew that everyone looking at him when at Auburn would ask what a lot on this forum ask, "How much play calling did you really do under Gus Malzahn?"  So he needed to go out on his own away from Gus Malzahn and prove himself.  Although it is a paycut, it is a nessesary move to get where he wants to be.  Over the long run, it will earn him more money with a head coaching offer if he succeeds at UCONN.

I like seeing teams that really never see success start to do well, so I hope Lashlee does really well there for that fan base.  

As someone who regularly bashed, him, I wish Rhett nothing but success. I do sometimes wonder if I was unduly harsh with his being tied to Gus' hip for so long. Good luck at UConn CRL, I hope you prove me wrong in my opinion of your abilities.

7 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Chip would be OK with me 

Read

He seems to be happy at ASU.  Would he leave for the Auburn OC job after turning down the USM HC job?

4 minutes ago, metafour said:

Eli Drinkwitz is likely another name to watch.

Sounds like another OC that Gus will not allow to actually have autonomy.

Archived