Rhett leaves AU / New OC discussion (Merged)

auburnphan

1 minute ago, passthebiscuits said:

You are hereby prepared.

would be so gus it hurts.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, aubearcat said:

So that sounds like it doesn't matter who the new OC is, the offense will be status quo next season. 

Nah, I'm just really a RL fan...I realize that I'm in the minority. I'm as hopeful as anyone for next year.

I'm shocked. Rhett was either going to get fired or he was at odds with Gus. You don't leave Auburn for UConn for the same position AND a huge paycut. Something was going on for sure. I live in CT and this UConn is a JOKE of a football program. The stadium stinks and the facilities are good for a high school. I don't think there is even a 4 star recruit on the entire roster. I'm shocked.

Now calling Art Briles, Art Briles please report to Auburn!

1 minute ago, AubFanCT said:

I'm shocked. Rhett was either going to get fired or he was at odds with Gus. You don't leave Auburn for UConn for the same position AND a huge paycut. Something was going on for sure. I live in CT and this UConn is a JOKE of a football program. The stadium stinks and the facilities are good for a high school. I don't think there is even a 4 star recruit on the entire roster. I'm shocked.

Now calling Art Briles, Art Briles please report to Auburn!

It was a move RL needed to make if he ever wants to make it on his own. 

11 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

Wow, big news. That should make 80% of the posters in here ecstatic. 

But those 80% will also  be unhappy with the new choice. :)

4 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Nah, I'm just really a RL fan...I realize that I'm in the minority. I'm as hopeful as anyone for next year.

I liked him too. I don't think we are in the minority as much as we may think. I hope RL kills it and moves on up! 

2 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

It was a move RL needed to make if he ever wants to make it on his own. 

I agree - but UCONN???? AND a huge paycut? Rhett could not have done better than that? I just think for him to make this move, it had to be under pressure.

5 minutes ago, Harp_AU2013 said:

Can D.C. Come back from LSU?

No thank you.  

20 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

Lincoln Riley 

Yes please.

Just now, AubFanCT said:

I agree - but UCONN???? AND a huge paycut? Rhett could not have done better than that? I just think for him to make this move, it had to be under pressure.

I agree with this also.

Lets be honest, Gus was told you go or he goes. But something has to happen, you make that decision. Rhett is the fall guy and he has chose to do that graciously. Now with that said, this is it for Gus. So with that said he better pull a perfect white rabbit from the hat and turn it in to a soaring eagle this year or he is in the unemployment line. There was no excuse for these last two years, none. We haven't had good player development, much less great player development on Offense.

13 minutes ago, AU64 said:

But those 80% will also  be unhappy with the new choice. :)

Are you saying you know who the new guy is? Or are you simply saying that this board will never be pleased regardless of the new guy is. 

I think it's Kendall Briles with his poppa coming in as an analyst. There is no way KB would turn down a Gus offer to come coach Stidham and our pool of offensive talent, to coach with pouty tosh.o

2 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

You guys are acting like its unfathomable to leave for UCONN. The new Ad at UCONN is an Auburn man. Lest not forget this... 

PLEASE NO MORE AUBURN MAN TALK! We are in this mess in all of our mens sports because being a Auburn man is so important.......

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

PLEASE NO MORE AUBURN MAN TALK! We are in this mess in all of our mens sports because being a Auburn man is so important.......

Did you read what I actually said? UCONN recently  hired their new AD away from us.  That is the tie to Lashlee to UCONN

Just now, thaitopher said:

Are you saying you know who the new guy is?

Nah, he's just attesting to the typical fickle Auburn fan 

5 minutes ago, bootskii said:

Scott Loeffler!!!

53687374.jpg

I feel like we are going to get Loeffler'd....we're all hoping for a splash hire and we'll end up with Kodi Burns :laugh:

Just now, Auburn2Eugene said:

Did you read what I actually said? UCONN just hired their new AD away from us.  That is the tie to Lashlee to UCONN

I just have PTSD from Auburn man being thrown around. Lets be real here rhett was forced out and benedict got rhett a soft landing spot.

Archived