Rhett leaves AU / New OC discussion (Merged)

auburnphan

Just now, oracle79 said:

Lincoln Riley hmm?  That'd be great, but what would his rationale be for leaving a perennial top ten, blue blood name, that will always get the benefit of the doubt (see 2004), plays in an easier conference with worse defenses and has a much easier shot at the playoffs every year?  Is it he needs to prove himself against SEC defenses? I think he's done that in 2 sugar bowls.  I just don't see what his motivation would be to come here as opposed to staying where he is.  Maybe I'm missing something.

Money and a chence to lead us to a championship.  OH and did I mention money ?

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, selias said:

Gilbert is at the top of my, admittedly meaningless, list of potential OCs. KB would be great but we all know who runs the media in Alabama and I have a feeling it would end up being a 3-ring circus. Yurcich seemed good but I think air-raid when I think Okie State. Helfrich...no, just no. Riley, after seeing some of the should-be felons on OU's team, that hire will make me feel a little dirty too.

I don't know that I can lay any blame for OU's questionable players on Riley... that's all on Stoops. Still, I don't think I could be any more shocked by the announcement than if it were Riley. 

Of those mentioned, Gilbert is probably tops on my list too.  Yurcich was up there too, strictly on resume... but he got his raise and is out. I don't quite get the people who are pro Briles but anti-Lindsey. To me, they are kind of interchangeable. But, like I've said... I really do think it's going to be someone who hasn't been named. That seems to be Gus's calling card on hires.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Money and a chence to lead us to a championship.  OH and did I mention money ?

Was looking for a money gif. Saw this & had to share. This cat knows what's up!

200.gif#13

9 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Lincoln Riley hmm?  That'd be great, but what would his rationale be for leaving a perennial top ten, blue blood name, that will always get the benefit of the doubt (see 2004), plays in an easier conference with worse defenses and has a much easier shot at the playoffs every year?  Is it he needs to prove himself against SEC defenses? I think he's done that in 2 sugar bowls.  I just don't see what his motivation would be to come here as opposed to staying where he is.  Maybe I'm missing something.

I have to say, I would laugh my butt off if he came to Auburn because of all of the moral issues going on with OUs players. I don't see it happening, but it would be come nice instant karma.

18 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

He gets the coach-in-waiting title.

2 minutes ago, Browning4AU said:

Allow me to rephrase....Who is mentioning LR as a legitimate candidate?

Some connecteds. Not sure if real though.

Maybe if we can get this to 100 pages of drivel it will collapse under its own weight.  Then maybe we can have a serious thread about the OC search.

32 minutes ago, Browning4AU said:

Where did LR's name even come from?

Bantered around another msg board by an apparent solid poster saying he has an offer $1.4 mil in the table from AU and HASN'T turned it down yet.

TIFWIW

EDIT: NOT a pay site...Just in case...

27 minutes ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

Likely his parents.

Wish I had more Likes!!

16 minutes ago, autigersj said:

Tubs is going to take over as head coach and allow Gus to stay on staff as offensive analyst.

Part of me would almost be on board with that.

14 hours ago, AUMASTERS said:

I don't know about that Doc, but I know you could strike a match at your rear end, and fart and shoot a flame from Auburn to Columbus.

That is after you have drank a 6 pack Sterling Beer! That lake Erie water used to pack!

maybe he is waiting until the guys start to show up tomorrow before making the announcement and letting them be the first to know.. as a recruit, I would like that because the coach is showing that he cares more about you than the fan base

Archived