The senility of our aging politicians is tragic to watch.

AURaptor

Senator John McCain and Rep. John Lewis are both heroes and American icons. McCain for his valor and military service, and Lewis for his ground breaking civil rights bravery which helped a nation finally come around to living up to the ideals its Founders had envisioned for ALL men. 

That said, . both have become so consumed at the mere idea of Trump becoming President, they seemingly will do anything to try to undercut and diminish our 45th President. 

McCain " dutifully " forwarded a fake story from the internet that claimed Trump had participated in lewd and immoral acts, and Lewis has declared he'll boycott the Inauguration of Trump because , in his opinion, Trump was complicit with the Russians in stealing the election away from Hillary. 

Neither of those scenarios which Trump is accused of having done has 1 ounce of evidence supporting said charges. And yet, in a country which is founded on the legal concept of presumed innocence until proven guilty in a court of law, these two Sr politicians have decided to judge and sentence Trump as guilty, in the court of public opinion. 

Shame has reached a new despicable level in our nation's politics.  I fear this will not end well for anyone. 

5 hours ago, AURaptor said:

That said, . both have become so consumed at the mere idea of Trump becoming President, they seemingly will do anything to try to undercut and diminish our 45th President. 

Will they meet with others on the the night of the Inauguration to form a plan to use all possible tricks and oppose everything the new President wants to do, even to the point of further destroying the already struggling economy if necessary, to prevent him from getting re-elected?  ...like happened on Jan. 20, 2009?

McCain " dutifully " forwarded a fake story from the internet that claimed Trump had participated in lewd and immoral acts, and Lewis has declared he'll boycott the Inauguration of Trump because , in his opinion, Trump was complicit with the Russians in stealing the election away from Hillary. 

Neither of those scenarios which Trump is accused of having done has 1 ounce of evidence supporting said charges. And yet, in a country which is founded on the legal concept of presumed innocence until proven guilty in a court of law, these two Sr politicians have decided to judge and sentence Trump as guilty, in the court of public opinion. 

As long as McCain didn't claim he knew the charges/allegations to be correct, or try to use them for political gain when their authenticity was undetermined, I think he did exactly what he should have done: turn them over to the FBI for investigation and let the FBI determine their veracity.  I think as good citizens any of us, upon receiving 35 pages of very serious allegations claiming to be back up by a British intelligence agent and alleging Russian meddling in our affairs, should turn such documents over to the FBI for further investigation.  That's one of the missions of the FBI, to check on threats to our national security.  The FBI and other members of U.S. intelligence can look deeper and decide if the allegations have merit.  Even if they don't have merit, I'd think the FBI would be interested in determining who is attempting to destabilize the country with fake documents/claims.  I certainly would not characterize what McCain did as "judg[ing] and sentenc[ing] Trump as guilty".

I don't agree with Rep. Lewis.  There is no proof that Russian hacking actually changed anyone's vote. Even last week's summary of the IC report specifically said they did not look into the question of whether Russian actions actually changed the vote. So no one can really know if or how the election might have been affected. For that matter, even if the Russian's had affected the vote, there is no provision in the Constitution for 'undoing' or 'redoing' either the popular OR Electoral College votes, so Lewis is wasting his time on a moot point.  (But of course, as most Congressional politicians seem to do on both sides of the aisle these days, Lewis was just playing to his base.) 

Just to be accurate, however, Lewis didn't say Trump was 'complicit' with the Russians.  He believes the Russians did affect the outcome of the election (which is not provable, but he's entitled to his opinion).  But he did not suggest Trump had knowledge of or cooperated with the Russian actions, i.e., that Trump was 'complicit' with them.  His exact words according to NBC ( http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/john-lewis-trump-won-t-be-legitimate-president-n706676 ):

"I think the Russians participated in helping this man get elected. And they helped destroy the candidacy of Hillary Clinton," Lewis told NBC News' Chuck Todd.

First, that didn't happen, in 2009

Second, it IS possible that McCain was too clueless or actually duped into doing the bidding for someone else. i mean, Trump DID say he wasn't a hero for getting captured. I can see him either knowing or not, and still wanting to get Trump. Maverick , and such that he is. :laugh: 

What makes that even worse is that I heard he actually SENT someone on a trans-Atlantic flight to physically pick up said " dossier ". Hey genius... e-mail ? Fax ? 

And John Lewis ... simply pathetic.  Will do / say anything to shield Obama and put racial politics and party first, above ALL else. 

15 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

First, that didn't happen, in 2009

Second, it IS possible that McCain was too clueless or actually duped into doing the bidding for someone else. i mean, Trump DID say he wasn't a hero for getting captured. I can see him either knowing or not, and still wanting to get Trump. Maverick , and such that he is. :laugh: 

What makes that even worse is that I heard he actually SENT someone on a trans-Atlantic flight to physically pick up said " dossier ". Hey genius... e-mail ? Fax ? 

And John Lewis ... simply pathetic.  Will do / say anything to shield Obama and put racial politics and party first, above ALL else. 

Send it digitally ? Hey, genius...:no:

42 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Send it digitally ? Hey, genius...:no:

Yes. Absolutely. It's a fake internet story in the first place, so.... 

No where near worth sending a guy over the ocean and putting all that c02 in the atmo,  eh ? Eh ?? 

Of course it isn't. 

14 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

Yes. Absolutely. It's a fake internet story in the first place, so.... 

No where near worth sending a guy over the ocean and putting all that c02 in the atmo,  eh ? Eh ?? 

Of course it isn't. 

Fake Internet story-- still buying the debunked 4chan story?

6 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Fake Internet story-- still buying the debunked 4chan story?

There's nothing to buy, Texas. It's a fake story. How badly do you need to believe it ? 

"Shame has reached a new despicable level in our nation's politics.  I fear this will not end well for anyone." 

As if McCain is the problem.   Most ironic statement yet.

Grab 'em by the *****.

4 hours ago, AURaptor said:

There's nothing to buy, Texas. It's a fake story. How badly do you need to believe it ? 

Where'd it come from? Who made it up? Or do you really need to "know" it's fake?

11 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Where'd it come from? Who made it up? Or do you really need to "know" it's fake?

CNN ran with it despite not knowing ANY of the facts. That says it all right there. 

16 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

CNN ran with it despite not knowing ANY of the facts. That says it all right there. 

Why do you insist on posting on so many topics you take no time to educate yourself about?

3 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Why do you insist on posting on so many topics you take no time to educate yourself about?

I'm not as gullible as you, Texas. Just because I don't agree w/ the Bolshevik nonsense you buy from MSM doesn't mean I'm not educated. 

2 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

I'm not as gullible as you, Texas. Just because I don't agree w/ the Bolshevik nonsense you buy from MSM doesn't mean I'm not educated. 

You're the most gullible person I've ever encountered. The last few weeks have sealed it.

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

You're the most gullible person I've ever encountered. The last few weeks have sealed it.

You're flat out deluded. Everything you've claimed is false. Fake. You just keep clinging tighter and tighter to the fairy tale, hoping you'll wake up soon and Hillary will be sitting in the WH

Never

Going

To 

Happen. 

1 minute ago, AURaptor said:

You're flat out deluded. Everything you've claimed is false. Fake. You just keep clinging tighter and tighter to the fairy tale, hoping you'll wake up soon and Hillary will be sitting in the WH

Never

Going

To 

Happen. 

More insanity. What I've claimed is measured and objective. And haven't mentioned or thought of Hillary.

4 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

More insanity. What I've claimed is measured and objective. And haven't mentioned or thought of Hillary.

Zero of what you've claimed is measrued or objective. 100% full out biased. And Hillary ? She is entirely what this is all about.  John Lewis says the election was somehow hacked, and John McCain offers up a completely fake story... it's a full out attack on Trump, from many sides. But in the end, this is completely about maintaining the elite status quo in D.C. 

7 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

Zero of what you've claimed is measrued or objective. 100% full out biased. And Hillary ? She is entirely what this is all about.  John Lewis says the election was somehow hacked, and John McCain offers up a completely fake story... it's a full out attack on Trump, from many sides. But in the end, this is completely about maintaining the elite status quo in D.C. 

Yep, McCain's all about Hillary-- your man is playing for the other side and folks want to know why.

6 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Yep, McCain's all about Hillary-- your man is playing for the other side and folks want to know why.

If that were true, you'd have a valid point.

It's not true. I know you WANT it to be true, but that doesn't make it so. 

Just like Republicans / Conservatives  aren't racist, bigoted, xenophobic, homophobic , hate filled deniers of science, SIMPLY BECAUSE YOU SAY THEY ARE !!  Good god, all you have to do is hear the MSM utter something, and it become cemented in your brain. 

3 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

If that were true, you'd have a valid point.

It's not true. I know you WANT it to be true, but that doesn't make it so. 

Just like Republicans / Conservatives  aren't racist, bigoted, xenophobic, homophobic , hate filled deniers of science, SIMPLY BECAUSE YOU SAY THEY ARE !!  Good god, all you have to do is hear the MSM utter something, and it become cemented in your brain. 

Most Republicans aren't Russian stooges-- but your guy is.

53 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

Not really.  They reported it as "unverified".  

Is there a reason you would not want anyone to know that the dossier existed?

Perhaps you are the one attempting deception by misrepresenting the manner in which CNN reported this story?

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

Most Republicans aren't Russian stooges-- but your guy is.

Zero proof of that, and you know it. You WANT it to be true. 

Here's what the non conservative BBC has to say about it all. 

Who wrote the report and why?

It has been widely attributed to Christopher Steele, a retired British intelligence officer.

Mr Steele, who runs a London-based intelligence firm, was reportedly hired by * anti-Trump Republicans to investigate Mr Trump's ties to Russia during the battle for the party's presidential nomination. In the general election campaign the research was funded by an anonymous Democratic donor

WOW ! What did I JUST say , in this very thread. Elitists in D.C. ( meaning from both parties ) have teamed up to try to take Trump down. This was CLEARLY a proactive effort by elites on BOTH sides of the aisle to undercut and sabotage a Trump campaign ( assumingly it wasn't believed they needed this hit piece ) and now his Presidency. Connect he dots which ARE there, Texas. Not the imaginary ones in your freaking brain. 

* Gee, anti-Trump Republicans , ya say ? Huh. Gee, isn't McCain , along w/ Lindsay Graham about the two most vocal anti-Trump Republicans there are ?  

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

I didn't know Raptor was such a dancer.  :party:

There's ZERO dancing  here, dingus. READ THE GORRAM BBC info I JUST posted !!  Good freaking god, this is as straight forward, clear and easy to read, and yet you STILL are baffled by the facts !! 

Archived