January 13-15 OV weekend

ellitor

There are only 4 OVs this weekend. The links for each name has has an update by AU 247 on each recruit heading into the visit (247 has blocked the actual updates from being copy & pasted or that would have been done).

4* OT Kai-Leon Herbert

3* DT Alec Jackson

3* OG Poutasi Poutasi

3* HB Thomas Johnston

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

There are only 4 OVs this weekend. The links for each name has has an update by AU 247 on each recruit heading into the visit (247 has blocked the actual updates from being copy & pasted or that would have been done).

4* OT Kai-Leon Herbert

3* DT Alec Jackson

3* OG Poutasi Poutasi

3* HB Thomas Johnston

How in the world do you name your kid Poutasi Poutasi ? I know my grandfather was the last of 16 children and got named LM , and I had a neighbor whose name was Brenda, and she had a sister named Brenda, but Poutasi.

8 minutes ago, AUMASTERS said:

How in the world do you name your kid Poutasi Poutasi ? I know my grandfather was the last of 16 children and got named LM , and I had a neighbor whose name was Brenda, and she had a sister named Brenda, but Poutasi.

He's Samoan. I'm not sure how they do things.

22 minutes ago, ellitor said:

He's Samoan. I'm not sure how they do things.

31 minutes ago, AUMASTERS said:

I had a soldier in the Army who ways from a small village in Africa. I do not remember which country. In the village, when they were born their first name was the day of the week that they were born on. His first name, when translated was Wednesday. I once asked him how many people in his village had his first name and he said a couple dozen.

2 minutes ago, JoeinPF said:

Any report/news/rumors on how the visits went/are going?

Not yet. Usually don't come til Sunday afternoon or Monday when there is a small group like this weekend.

58 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not yet. Usually don't come til Sunday afternoon or Monday when there is a small group like this weekend.

Thanks, I have only a very few virtues and patience isn't one of them ?

2 hours ago, FASTCOMPANY said:

Made a big move on Herbert. According to an article, he and his family "loved it."

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2017/01/4-star_michigan_commit_kai-leo.html

Not only did his family love it, but he said it wasn't him to play the hat game on National Signing Day (said he would commit before).

4-star Michigan commit Kai-Leon Herbert 'considering Auburn much more'

Kai-Leon Herbert
Michigan commitment Kai-Leon Herbert (247Sports)
Wesley Sinor | wsinor@al.comBy Wesley Sinor | wsinor@al.com 
Email the author | Follow on Twitter 
on January 15, 2017 at 1:44 PM, updated January 15, 2017 at 1:48 PM

Kai-Leon Herbert has been committed to Michigan since July 2016, but Auburn, Florida and Miami are among the schools trying to change that as National Signing Day approaches.

Herbert, a 6-foot-5, 284-pound offensive tackle from Fort Lauderdale, Fla., took an official visit to Auburn this weekend, his first time on the Plains since he was in 10th grade.

"It was a really good visit. It really opened me and my family's eyes," Herbert said. "Basically I was with Brodarious (Hamm) and Derrick (Brown), two freshmen that were here. The whole weekend was just a family-type feel. We went to Coach Malzahn's house, beautiful house. Played some games, fished by his lake. Everything was cool."

"My entire family loves it, I love it. The way everything's been over here the past two or three days has been great... Now I'm definitely considering Auburn much more than I would have if I didn't come."

Herbert spent a lot of his time talking with Auburn offensive line coach Herb Hand.

"Coach Hand is a really good coach," he said. "From conversations I've had with him I can tell that he's someone that not only will look after you for football, but for life too.

"Some coaches guarantee you a starting job, some coaches make you work for it. At Auburn obviously I'm going to have to learn from some of the older people. I'd have no problem if I had to redshirt or anything of that nature... I'm good with that, but I know I'm coming for a job."

Herbert said he was "shocked" when he heard the news of Florida offensive line coach Mike Summers' departure for Louisville Saturday, but was reassured by Gators head coach Jim McElwain that he would like Summers' replacement.

He plans on taking official visits to Miami and Florida in the coming weeks, but does not have a timetable set for his decision.

"I'm definitely going to commit before National Signing Day," he said. "I'm not that guy who does the hats, that's not me."

Herbert, who had surgery last week to repair a torn labrum and chipped bone, is looking at four months of recovery time. He was a 2017 Under Armour All-American and ranked as a four-star prospect and the nation's No. 28 offensive tackle in the 247Sports Composite.

Auburn's 2017 recruiting class, which is comprised of 19 total commitments, has pledges from two offensive tackles -- five-star Calvin Ashley and four-star Austin Troxell.

In addition to Herbert, Auburn also hosted offensive guard Poutasi Poutasi over the weekend, but the Tigers have yet to offer the standout from Las Vegas.

17 hours ago, autan said:

Reading between the lines sounds to me like Michigan is out. Between us and U and UF.

But how can he possibly sign with us when we don't even have a thread about him on the board?

5 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

But how can he possibly sign with us when we don't even have a thread about him on the board?

Someone can feel free to. I typically wait to see where a target might be on the AU board before I start a thread on a recruit.

8 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Someone can feel free to. I typically wait to see where a target might be on the AU board before I start a thread on a recruit.

Sorry E... forgot to add the sarcasm font.

On 1/15/2017 at 10:35 AM, ellitor said:

Soooo, any updates from the recruiting weekend? (Other than Herbert is liking us more)

9 hours ago, oracle79 said:

Soooo, any updates from the recruiting weekend? (Other than Herbert is liking us more)

Yes. They've been discussed in their individual threads: Herbert, Johnston, Jackson. Poutasi likes AU a lot but still doesn't have an AU offer.

Don't think we're feeling as good as the articles are insinuating with Herbert. The offer to the Juco OT is telling imo.

Just now, ClaytonAU said:

Don't think we're feeling as good as the articles are insinuating with Herbert. The offer to the Juco OT is telling imo.

Could be telling that after evaling him they may like him better. The staff see Herbert as a Guard, Moore as a tackle. I think they prefer another tackle at this point, especially one that may be able to win the starting job in 2017.

4 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

The JUCO may or may not visit. I think the offer to Moore along with having Potusi  come in is to give us options as Herbert while looking better after the visit  didn't opt out of Michigan. We want one more OL so we are giving ourselves the best chance to get one more good one.

32 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

The JUCO may or may not visit. I think the offer to Moore along with having Potusi  come in is to give us options as Herbert while looking better after the visit  didn't opt out of Michigan. We want one more OL so we are giving ourselves the best chance to get one more good one.

michigan is not the one to worry about there. It is florida.

Archived