It's time to move on

TexasTiger

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Was it then?

" Then " ? You're well off the trail now Texas. I'll be here, when you want to come back. 

22 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

In 6 days we have a new President. He's acting like he's already in charge. Hillary is in the past. Obama is heading toward the exits. Time to focus on the present and future. If you don't like a critique of Trump, defend his actions. Defend his policy proclamations. Don't just bring up how other far less relevant people sucked. Don't just dismiss the source without concretely backing it up. Don't just dismiss points or critiques by claiming "butthurt". That's just an admission your own views lack substance. Have a debate with actual facts and logic. If you're a supporter of the incoming administration, clearly demonstrate why it's plans, proclamations and policies make sense. State why it's alliances and interactions with other countries makes sense for America. Explain how its actions defend our Republic. Address the points made by the poster you are responding to, not what some other person or entity away from this forum may have said or done. Face arguments head on.

I have no problem calling out Trump as I have previously and will continue to do. But I will just as easily call out hypocrisy and blatant partisanship when it raises it's ugly head, your points notwithstanding. And BTW, if it is clear and obvious butthurt, I have no problem pointing that out as well. Word.

16 hours ago, bigbird said:

Maybe so, but there also seems to be a lot of bitterness and disdain that drives it as well. If wrong, my apologies.

You are not wrong. Lot's of bitterness. Look no further than this forum.

1 minute ago, AUFAN78 said:

I have no problem calling out Trump as I have previously and will continue to do. But I will just as easily call out hypocrisy and blatant partisanship when it raises it's ugly head, your points notwithstanding. And BTW, if it is clear and obvious butthurt, I have no problem pointing that out as well. Word.

So far you defend against Trump critiques by reflexively saying, "Butthurt!"

Occasionally I drink a glass of blackberry merlot. It has alcohol. That one drink doesn't make me an alcoholic. Dependency does. I call Trump a liar because he depends on lies on a daily basis. He cannot get through one day or one tweet without lying. And his propensity for lying is never ending, going far beyond political lies like "No New Taxes."

Just now, TexasTiger said:

So far you defend against Trump critiques by reflexively saying, "Butthurt!"

Lazy response Tex. Contemplate then post.

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

Spot on post regarding your lack of contemplation.

You are fooling no one other than fools. I refuse to play your silly game. Contemplate that.

16 hours ago, homersapien said:

No bitterness, but a lot of disdain.

We ain't seen nothing yet.  Just watch.

:bs:

16 hours ago, alexava said:

Are you talking to us or the President Elect? 

No offense to bird, but I doubt he has the Donald's ear. I assume you're bright enough to understand what this means. 

2 hours ago, AURaptor said:

I guess you're not going to answer.  I think I can understand why. Lying is something the OTHER side does, but not YOUR guy. 

The hypocrisy never ends here. I'm quite certain you've noticed. 

Hypocrisy? Like trying to delegitimize a President with a birther movement but then whining because others don't accept  a Trump presidency when he got almost 3 million votes LESS than his opponent. 

2 hours ago, GiveEmElle said:

Hypocrisy? Like trying to delegitimize a President with a birther movement but then whining because others don't accept  a Trump presidency when he got almost 3 million votes LESS than his opponent. 

I don't know if it's just me, but I am so glad Elle is back. :)

4 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

No offense to bird, but I doubt he has the Donald's ear. I assume you're bright enough to understand what this means. 

I'm sorry. I should have declared my question rhetorical. 

36 minutes ago, alexava said:

I'm sorry. I should have declared my question rhetorical. 

It's not a problem Alex. I recognize sarcasm just as easily as butthurt. I may be wrong on this point, but it seems to me we have a majority that did not desire Trump to be our president. The aforementioned group fractures on their respective desires going forward. One group hopes for total failure while the other, in the interest of our country, hopes for success. Put me in the success box. Trump did not garner my vote and pre-election I called him an idiot, but he is my president and I respect the position. I will do my very best not to let partisan politics rule my thoughts and I will cheer for America's best interest. Compare and contrast that with the countless threads that now dominate this forum and partisanship rears its ugly head. Seems like a foolish endeavor. God Bless America!  

17 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

It's not a problem Alex. I recognize sarcasm just as easily as butthurt. I may be wrong on this point, but it seems to me we have a majority that did not desire Trump to be our president. The aforementioned group fractures on their respective desires going forward. One group hopes for total failure while the other, in the interest of our country, hopes for success. Put me in the success box. Trump did not garner my vote and pre-election I called him an idiot, but he is my president and I respect the position. I will do my very best not to let partisan politics rule my thoughts and I will cheer for America's best interest. Compare and contrast that with the countless threads that now dominate this forum and partisanship rears its ugly head. Seems like a foolish endeavor. God Bless America!  

Sounds lovely, in a vacuum. But we know things. Successful at what? Doing the things he's said? Saying Merkel is no more trustworthy than Putin? You either ignore reality, don't understand it or don't give a damn about it. I'm not sure that equates to being fair and openminded.

22 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

i am for what is best for us all. I think i have a good grasp of what that is and i don't think Trump gives a damn about me or you. i will respect the position of POTUS when the man who just won it respects anyone other than Putin. He is a despicable, spiteful bastard and he relishes that role. it is not my job to conform my very mild expectations of respect and decency from the person who is tasked with serving the public. none of us owe him shitt if he cant at least be humble enough to try to earn it.

26 minutes ago, alexava said:

i am for what is best for us all. I think i have a good grasp of what that is and i don't think Trump gives a damn about me or you. i will respect the position of POTUS when the man who just won it respects anyone other than Putin. He is a despicable, spiteful bastard and he relishes that role. it is not my job to conform my very mild expectations of respect and decency from the person who is tasked with serving the public. none of us owe him shitt if he cant at least be humble enough to try to earn it.

We're supposed to respect the office when the office holder doesn't even respect it? I strongly disagreed with Bush, but never felt he disrespected the office. I also believed that though misguided, truly cared about putting America first above personal interest. Sorry, but I've been judging character pretty accurately for decades and this guy's is a grave danger to this country and the world-- he has the emotional maturity of a spoiled 5 year old.

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

We're supposed to respect the office when the office holder doesn't even respect it? I strongly disagreed with Bush, but never felt he disrespected the office. I also believed that though misguided, truly cared about putting America first above personal interest. Sorry, but I've been judging character pretty accurately for decades and this guy's is a grave danger to this country and the world-- he has the emotional maturity of a spoiled 5 year old.

I respected Bush too. I respected and still respect John McCain. I would have voted for 4-5 other gop candidates over Clinton. It is not partisan for me. It is about basic human dignity. Something that has never been so absent from a potus. It is embarrassing not to mention I don't think he has a damn clue what he is doing or how anything works. His cabinet choices tell a lot. 

Archived