It's time to move on

TexasTiger

In 6 days we have a new President. He's acting like he's already in charge. Hillary is in the past. Obama is heading toward the exits. 

Sounds like good music Tex

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, alexava said:

I respected Bush too. I respected and still respect John McCain. I would have voted for 4-5 other gop candidates over Clinton. It is not partisan for me. It is about basic human dignity. Something that has never been so absent from a potus. It is embarrassing not to mention I don't think he has a damn clue what he is doing or how anything works. His cabinet choices tell a lot. 

He's everything our parents raised us not to be. This is what I have trouble fathoming .

2 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

He's everything our parents raised us not to be. This is what I have trouble fathoming .

Tex, in your opinion, would papa Joe have won the election over trump? My answer is yes.

16 minutes ago, alexava said:

I respected Bush too. I respected and still respect John McCain. I would have voted for 4-5 other gop candidates over Clinton. It is not partisan for me. It is about basic human dignity. Something that has never been so absent from a potus. It is embarrassing not to mention I don't think he has a damn clue what he is doing or how anything works. His cabinet choices tell a lot. 

^^^^THIS! I cannot for the life of me understand how mocking a disabled reporter wasn't the end of Trump. My absolute disdain for him isn't due to politics. It has little to do with right vs. left and all to do with right vs. wrong. Mocking the disabled is wrong. Sexual assault is wrong. Insulting a Gold Star family is wrong. Insulting a POW is wrong. And the fact that he will not apologize for his incorrigible behavior is also wrong. I've never in my lifetime witnessed this kind of blatant disrespect from a man elected to this office. He does not have my respect and I will not call him my president. 

5 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

^^^^THIS! I cannot for the life of me understand how mocking a disabled reporter wasn't the end of Trump. My absolute disdain for him isn't due to politics. It has little to do with right vs. left and all to do with right vs. wrong. Mocking the disabled is wrong. Sexual assault is wrong. Insulting a Gold Star family is wrong. Insulting a POW is wrong. And the fact that he will not apologize for his incorrigible behavior is also wrong. I've never in my lifetime witnessed this kind of blatant disrespect from a man elected to this office. He does not have my respect and I will not call him my president. 

Just a statement by Americans on how out of touch Washington is? It is hard to believe that Trump will be sworn in.

18 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Tex, in your opinion, would papa Joe have won the election over trump? My answer is yes.

Yes. Clinton was an awful candidate. But would have been a so-so President.

Just now, TexasTiger said:

Yes. Clinton was an awful candidate.

Question 2. i know he suffered the loss of a son which is unthinkable. with that out of the equation could he have survived the Clinton machine had he wanted the job? my answer is No 

4 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Question 2. i know he suffered the loss of a son which is unthinkable. with that out of the equation could he have survived the Clinton machine had he wanted the job? my answer is No 

Probably not with Bernie in the race.

44 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Probably correct. I still wish Bernie had not used that "S" word to describe himself. Accurate but misunderstood description. 

43 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

I think no other dem had a chance. Thus DJT is our President. Will the labeled "hate" on this this side hold him accountable. that answer is yes.    

16 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Yes. Clinton was an awful candidate. But would have been a so-so President.

Hopefully the Democratic Party has come to realize that she was an awful candidate, and is done trying to promote her.

The damage of Hillary in the WH would have been far greater than just her as Prez. Nullified to some degree with the GOP controlling Congress. But damn. 

ELE meteor dodged. 

14 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

The damage of Hillary in the WH would have been far greater than just her as Prez. Nullified to some degree with the GOP controlling Congress. But damn. 

ELE meteor dodged. 

I'm bookmarking this post.

On 1/14/2017 at 1:44 PM, TexasTiger said:

In 6 days we have a new President. He's acting like he's already in charge. Hillary is in the past. Obama is heading toward the exits. Time to focus on the present and future. If you don't like a critique of Trump, defend his actions. Defend his policy proclamations. Don't just bring up how other far less relevant people sucked. Don't just dismiss the source without concretely backing it up. Don't just dismiss points or critiques by claiming "butthurt". That's just an admission your own views lack substance. Have a debate with actual facts and logic. If you're a supporter of the incoming administration, clearly demonstrate why it's plans, proclamations and policies make sense. State why it's alliances and interactions with other countries makes sense for America. Explain how its actions defend our Republic. Address the points made by the poster you are responding to, not what some other person or entity away from this forum may have said or done. Face arguments head on.

So, in other words, do the exact opposite of Obama's acolytes for the last 8 years ... got it....if the guy farted, you clowns tried to pass it off as Chanel #5....

Just now, japantiger said:

So, in other words, do the exact opposite of Obama's acolytes for the last 8 years ... got it....if the guy farted, you clowns tried to pass it off as Chanel #5....

And your favor being cute to offering substance. Guess that won't change.

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

And your favor being cute to offering substance. Guess that won't change.

I don't understand your sudden lust for honesty in reporting or assessing the viabilty and failures of policy when you've shown none for the last 8 years; and certainly not during the election cycle and aftermath.  You can't really expect anyone to take this earnest plea; earnestly.  

1 hour ago, Strychnine said:

Hopefully the Democratic Party has come to realize that she was an awful candidate, and is done trying to promote her.

Won't be a problem. She's done.

24 minutes ago, japantiger said:

I don't understand your sudden lust for honesty in reporting or assessing the viabilty and failures of policy when you've shown none for the last 8 years; and certainly not during the election cycle and aftermath.  You can't really expect anyone to take this earnest plea; earnestly.  

That's just BS.

42 minutes ago, japantiger said:

You got your comrade. 

34 minutes ago, homersapien said:

That's just BS.

If you like your plan, you can keep your plan.

It was about a video.

There was no IRS targeting of TEA party groups. Just a isolated incident, from a rogue office in Indianapolis. 

11 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

If you like your plan, you can keep your plan.  

It was about a video.

There was no IRS targeting of TEA party groups. Just a isolated incident, from a rogue office in Indianapolis. 

The subject was TT's position on those things DA.  Go back and look at what I highlighted.

"Please try to keep up". <_<

6 minutes ago, homersapien said:

The subject was TT's position on those things DA.  Go back and look at what I highlighted.

"Please try to keep up". <_<

I'm well ahead of  you, dingus. Where has TT ever held the MSM accountable for those things ? Or even more recent, like WHY the Clinton Global Initiative is shutting down, if Hillary and Bill aren't moving into the WH ?? TT pointed out that it was planned, before the election. But no one here asks why. The only explanation given was that there could be an appearance of impropriety.  ( Gee, really ? ) 

Well, guess what ? She didn't win. So... why  is the CGI shutting down ? Hillary is now just a private citizen, with no real hand on the direction of US policy.

Was it TOO successful ? Solved all the stated problems , did it ? 

6 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

I'm well ahead of  you, dingus. Where has TT ever held the MSM accountable for those things

No DA.

The accusation was TT had no criticism for negative things Obama did.

It's up to the accusers to prove their charges, not the accused. 

Nice weaseling try though.

Archived