Republicans approval of Putin soars

TexasTiger

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

You live in a reality entirely disconnected from the one the rest of humanity dwells in.  You are not a victim.  You're a weasel that derails threads and gives a straight answer or a relevant response about 1% of the time around here.  Own it.

Look ! More name calling ! I never claimed to be a 'victim', I am just pointing out the double standard by which you and your sewing club buddies live. Own THAT , Kemosahbee 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, AURaptor said:

Look ! More name calling ! I never claimed to be a 'victim', I am just pointing out the double standard by which you and your sewing club buddies live. Own THAT , Kemosahbee 

Yes, you did.  You didn't have to say the word.  You're so persecuted, so misunderstood and misconstrued.

Horsefeathers.  You're exactly what I and others have said you are: someone who never gives a straight answer, who plays the "bbbut the Dems!"  card constantly, who consistently takes threads off topic to avoid the discussion at hand, then claims everyone else is mistreating him.  In other words, a weasel.

I would kill to have a thoughtful conservative voice in this forum to engage the issues with the resident moderates and liberals  Instead I get you, a complete waste of keystrokes.

4 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Yes, you did.  You didn't have to say the word.  You're so persecuted, so misunderstood and misconstrued.

Horsefeathers.  You're exactly what I and others have said you are: someone who never gives a straight answer, who plays the "bbbut the Dems!"  card constantly, who consistently takes threads off topic to avoid the discussion at hand, then claims everyone else is mistreating him.  In other words, a weasel.

I would kill to have a thoughtful conservative voice in this forum to engage the issues with the resident moderates and liberals  Instead I get you, a complete waste of keystrokes.

Mind reader too, huh? Wow... you're like a freaking super hero !! :roflol: 

Even you admitted this was a silly thread topic, a  non  issue, and yet now it's soooo serious, it warrants name calling and quote changing  by the Admin. Woooo !!!

Way to win the argument there, chief. 

2 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

Mind reader too, huh? Wow... you're like a freaking super hero !! :roflol: 

Even you admitted this was a silly thread topic, a  non  issue, and yet now it's soooo serious, it warrants name calling and quote changing  by the Admin. Woooo !!!

Way to win the argument there, chief. 

I didn't say it was a silly thread topic or a non issue.  I said that pointing out that 63% don't view him favorably is a non-issue. No one was claiming a majority viewed him favorably, so your reply in that regard was completely irrelevant.

What is relevant is why such a large portion of people view Putin favorably.

Well, no one asked me, probably because I'm not a Republican, but I don't look favorably upon Putin.

I do have questions about how this ' poll ' was conducted, who was asked, WHAT was asked, and how the conclusion was arrived at. 

Putin is former KGB. Which means he's damn formidable. KNOWING that much warrants some measure of respect for the man. He's also very pro- Russia, and standing up for his own country, proudly, which many Americans see lacking in their current President. 

That's not ' weaseling ', that's flat out straight up giving you an honest , direct answer. You'll probably not like it, which will result in more name calling and false accusations. I'm use to that by now. Even if it's completely bunk. 

1 minute ago, AURaptor said:

Well, no one asked me, probably because I'm not a Republican, but I don't look favorably upon Putin.

I do have questions about how this ' poll ' was conducted, who was asked, WHAT was asked, and how the conclusion was arrived at. 

Putin is former KGB. Which means he's damn formidable. KNOWING that much warrants some measure of respect for the man. He's also very pro- Russia, and standing up for his own country, proudly, which many Americans see lacking in their current President. 

That's not ' weaseling ', that's flat out straight up giving you an honest , direct answer. You'll probably not like it, which will result in more name calling and false accusations. I'm use to that by now. Even if it's completely bunk. 

Finally, you engage the topic minus the obfucation.  Here's a link to the survey:

https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/ro9rimrce9/econTabReport.pdf

The question was, "Do you have a favorable or unfavorable opinion of Vladamir Putin?"  Then the options were given as "very favorable, somewhat favorable..." and so on.

Also of note, they asked a separate question about whether they found Putin to be a strong or weak leader.  So it doesn't appear that just being "formidable" was enough to elicit such a polling response.

47 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

No, what you've done is step into yet another thread, completely avoid the topic at hand, fail to answer specific questions, attempt to obfuscate and change the subject, then play the victim when all of us who are tired of your childish, immature idiocy call you on it.

Well!  

You've certainly lost all standing to have a civil discussion with Raptor.  

You must have been the last person on the planet to have had such standing.   ;D

19 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

"Do you have a favorable or unfavorable opinion of Vladamir Putin?"  

Sorry, but with out further context, I find that question to be vague and open ended. 

For example, I hate President Barack Obama's polices. But by the objective info I have available, he's been a good leftist, successfully promoting his ideals and getting them passed. He's also a caring and attentive father. So in the same sense I can praise Obama for some things, I can also express why I think he's the worst PRESIDENT ever. 

4 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Back to the original post, what rational American would approve of a scumwad like Putin?

Good question. Seems odd to me that I've never personally met one of these people which causes me to question the polling data. Certainly doesn't mean the data isn't an accurate depiction, just questionable in my view. 

1 hour ago, AURaptor said:

Sorry, but with out further context, I find that question to be vague and open ended. 

For example, I hate President Barack Obama's polices. But by the objective info I have available, he's been a good leftist, successfully promoting his ideals and getting them passed. He's also a caring and attentive father. So in the same sense I can praise Obama for some things, I can also express why I think he's the worst PRESIDENT ever. 

It's the same question that has been asked of Americans year after year for decades about their own presidents.  I don't find it all that vague or open-ended, particularly when there are separate questions about whether they view him as a strong or weak leader.

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

It's the same question that has been asked of Americans year after year for decades about their own presidents.  I don't find it all that vague or open-ended, particularly when there are separate questions about whether they view him as a strong or weak leader.

Well just because it's been done for years doesn't dismiss my reservations. 

Just now, AURaptor said:

Well just because it's been done for years doesn't dismiss my reservations. 

It just seems that your reservations are awful convenient.  It's a standard question asked of people for decades and suddenly, it's vague and open-ended and could mean anything?

Doesn't seem reasonable.

33 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

It just seems that your reservations are awful convenient.  It's a standard question asked of people for decades and suddenly, it's vague and open-ended and could mean anything?

Doesn't seem reasonable.

Right.

Never question - ANYTHING.

Got it. 

2 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

Right.

Never question - ANYTHING.

Got it. 

You never get it.

I question all sorts of things.  But I don't question just to question.  I try to evaluate whether being super skeptical about something is a reasonable position to take, or is it just being a tinfoil hat, black helicopter nutter to do so.  In this case, it seems more like questioning because it doesn't back up what you already believe rather than any solid evidence or reasoning for skepticism.

21 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

John Lewis is a typical democrat liar. he made a big deal out of Trump being an illegitimate POTUS saying this is the 1st inauguration ceremony he's ever missed and thats a lie.

We're supposed to believe Putin and Russia represent this big ole red boogeyman while Obama is commuting Bradley Manning's sentence. The duplicity is mind numbing to say the least..

As far as Putin goes, he's a prop used in another democrat scheme to de-legitimize their political opposition. As I recall, our outgoing POTUS seemed to love him some Putin promising more flexibility after his election in 2011. Putin is a Russian and they are empire builders. I dont hold it against him that he wants to rebuild the former Soviet Union. Its simply who he is and what Russians will always do. I see him neither favorably nor unfavorably but don't believe he can be trusted.

20 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

You never get it.

I question all sorts of things.  But I don't question just to question.  I try to evaluate whether being super skeptical about something is a reasonable position to take, or is it just being a tinfoil hat, black helicopter nutter to do so.  In this case, it seems more like questioning because it doesn't back up what you already believe rather than any solid evidence or reasoning for skepticism.

You're woefully out of your league, but what ever. 

20 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

You're woefully out of your league, but what ever. 

You're right.  I left you in the minors a long time ago, as have most people you make the mistake of trying to match wits with.

Shocker.  Point out the lack of anything substantive to bolster his position, Raptor says some nonsense rather than providing anything that would cause you take him seriously.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

3 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

You're right.  I left you in the minors a long time ago, as have most people you make the mistake of trying to match wits with.

Shocker.  Point out the lack of anything substantive to bolster his position, Raptor says some nonsense rather than providing anything that would cause you take him seriously.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

Schooling you on facts and over matching you in wits really is like wash-rinse-repeat. Only w/ out the soft, silky manageable fresh small afterwards. 

21 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

Schooling you on facts and over matching you in wits really is like wash-rinse-repeat. Only w/ out the soft, silky manageable fresh small afterwards. 

The only place you ever school anyone is in your delusions of grandeur.  I've lapped you twice already and am closing in to smack you in the back of the head as I make it a third.  You couldn't match wits with a dirt clod and come out ahead.  Just stop.

You didn't provide any facts.  You cast some doubt based on little other than you just not liking what the facts already say.  You don't give any real reasons and believe me - I would love to have you do so because it would mean that you turned your autoblather switch to off and decided to actually engage the subject.  I actually want to discuss things with a Raptor who is worth discussing things with.  Disagree, but do so with substance, not hot air.  

You haven't given an actual reason to doubt the veracity of the poll here except to make dumb comparisons to the Electoral College and assume that a question people have been polled about forever suddenly lost all meaning to them when it was applied to Putin instead of a US President.  I'm open to hearing good arguments for why the such a high number of people would view a dictatorial, anti-US, mob boss level thug in any sort of favorable light, or conversely something more concrete than your personal faith as to why the numbers are bogus.  Please provide one if you can.  But if all you want to do is snipe back at me and tell me that I don't question anything or whatever other low-watt retort you're loading in the chamber, save it.  I'm only interested in your responses if they are serious.  You can contribute something of worth to this forum or you can just not pollute it any further.

"autoblather"    ;D That's good.

But you are unfair Titan.  

Raptor is the only one in the whole world to recognize that Obama actually claimed ownership of the White House when he used the sports meme "not in my house".

Say what you want, but that requires a very special kind of intellectual.......em, "talent".

2 minutes ago, homersapien said:

"autoblather"    ;D That's good.

But you are unfair Titan.  

Raptor is the only one in the whole world to recognize that Obama actually claimed ownership of the White House when he used the sports meme "not in my house".

Say what you want, but that requires a very special kind of intellectual.......em, "talent".

Liar, or fool? 

I say both. 

Here's one , albeit this goes a bit too far... https://kbrocking.com/2015/11/10/obama-really-thinks-he-owns-the-white-house-thats-why-he-isnt-leaving-even-after-2017/

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

I rest my case.   :lmao:

You just LOST your case!!! Said I was the ONLY one in the world !!!

youre wrong. I thought it, heard others on the radio say it too. And took seconds to find someone who took time to post it online ! 

You 

are

wrong!!

Archived