New Game Room

RunInRed

13 hours ago, AU_Tiger_88 said:

If you have a pool table or you may be buying a table then you can pick up the felt here  http://www.customtablefelt.com/collegiate-billiard-felt.htm#sec

some nice designs.

AUBBTF201.jpgAUBBTF121.jpgAUBBTF202.jpgAUBBTF112.jpgAUBBTF000.jpg

Is it just me, or does the thought of playing pool on an orange table just feel unpleasant? 

Just now, lionheartkc said:

Is it just me, or does the thought of playing pool on an orange table just feel unpleasant? 

Agree.  I would definitely choose the blue one, or even the football field one.

15 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Hides the spilled screwdrivers

15 hours ago, AU_Tiger_88 said:

If you have a pool table or you may be buying a table then you can pick up the felt here  http://www.customtablefelt.com/collegiate-billiard-felt.htm#sec

some nice designs.

Hey they have them for poker tables too that's AUSOME.

My bro'in'law made me an AU backboard for my bball goal years ago (he's a MAJORLY talented artist) but it's so nice I've never put it up.  It's still in my garage.

And all we had back in Sewell Hall was an old fooseball table with broken arms and one tv set in the tv room....my how conditions have improved....

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 9:34 PM, AU_Tiger_88 said:

some nice designs.

As much as I love Auburn, having something like this would mess me up so bad. It looks great from an esthetic point of view, but is a nightmare when you try to line up your shots. I am an excellent pool player and used to make a lot of money back in my days at Duke to earn a few bucks here and there, but would have had to drop out of med school due to lack of funds.  

This is nice and all...but can we do a little better than slapping AU fat head logos all over the wall? This looks like someones basement rec room in Hoover.

This just reinforces we are falling behind in the facilities race (yes I know this is room is open to all students, but it was built specifically for athletes). How does a kid who has toured the Bright Complex at Texas AM or the Mariota Facility at Oregon get excited about this? I can just imagine our staff walking a 5* through this room pointing out all the 55 inch flat screen TVs and Pacman games...

20 hours ago, AU13HSV said:

This is nice and all...but can we do a little better than slapping AU fat head logos all over the wall? This looks like someones basement rec room in Hoover.

This just reinforces we are falling behind in the facilities race (yes I know this is room is open to all students, but it was built specifically for athletes). How does a kid who has toured the Bright Complex at Texas AM or the Mariota Facility at Oregon get excited about this? I can just imagine our staff walking a 5* through this room pointing out all the 55 inch flat screen TVs and Pacman games...

It is inevitable that we will have something to match those two when the North Endzone renovations are made. 

49 minutes ago, logan adams said:

It is inevitable that we will have something to match those two when the North Endzone renovations are made. 

Yeah some recruit recently said that Florida's big three can't touch Oregon's facilities. They'll take that to heart. Hopefully we heard they too when we start renovations. Can't stay here, need to tour others before we start building

1 minute ago, Randman5000 said:

Yeah some recruit recently said that Florida's big three can't touch Oregon's facilities. They'll take that to heart. Hopefully we heard they too when we start renovations. Can't stay here, need to tour others before we start building

With how long and drawn out this has been, I would imagine that it will be very thorough. Nothing like with he giant scoreboard. That was a disaster, and the project is still not complete... 

44 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

80% of the other schools in the country help pay for Oregon's facilities by wearing the swoosh on their uniforms and letting Nike sell countless articles of clothing with their school logo on it. Other than maybe Texas, no one has the level of cash flowing into their facilities than Oregon does.  Sure, we can go look at what we have, but the ability/funds to actually build it... that's a completely different story.

What Auburn needs to do is talk to these guys before tackling facilities upgrades: http://www.dimin.com/

1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

80% of the other schools in the country help pay for Oregon's facilities by wearing the swoosh on their uniforms and letting Nike sell countless articles of clothing with their school logo on it. Other than maybe Texas, no one has the level of cash flowing into their facilities than Oregon does.  Sure, we can go look at what we have, but the ability/funds to actually build it... that's a completely different story.

What Auburn needs to do is talk to these guys before tackling facilities upgrades: http://www.dimin.com/

True, it will be hard to match the contribution Oregon gets from Phil Knight, but I don't think access to cash is the true problem here. Most people would consider Alabama's facilities in the top 5 and their renovation was 9 million. We spent 13 million on a jumbotron. Hell Kansas State just  completed an amazing renovation. Auburn just needs better planning of priority projects and when they do build to not skimp on the extras.

I would second that D1 should be in charge of the interiors. They do some amazing work. 

37 minutes ago, AU13HSV said:

True, it will be hard to match the contribution Oregon gets from Phil Knight, but I don't think access to cash is the true problem here. Most people would consider Alabama's facilities in the top 5 and their renovation was 9 million. We spent 13 million on a jumbotron. Hell Kansas State just  completed an amazing renovation. Auburn just needs better planning of priority projects and when they do build to not skimp on the extras.

I would second that D1 should be in charge of the interiors. They do some amazing work. 

http://www.kstatesports.com/ms/masterplan/phases/

Their masterplan is incredibly well planned out. I was not aware of this until you posted something.

Archived