Greg Byrne to UAT as AD.

GwillMac6

Was at Miss St before Arizona.

30 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Was at Miss St before Arizona.

Found an article saying Battle stepping down in March. Never heard of the Trussville Tribune. Reliable?

http://www.trussvilletribune.com/2017/01/15/alabama-ad-bill-battle-to-step-down-in-march-replacement-already-chosen/

Another article

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2017/01/alabama_reportedly_hiring_new.html

Byrne is widely regarded as one of the best AD's in the country. CRAP!! And we're stuck with Jay Jacobs. We need someone to step up and make some key changes at Auburn University!

6 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

Byrne is widely regarded as one of the best AD's in the country. CRAP!! And we're stuck with Jay Jacobs. We need someone to step up and make some key changes at Auburn University!

Miss St must hire great Ads!!! the one who replaced byrne just got hired at florida to replace foley. Pretty sad when Miss St is better at hiring ADs than you!

15 minutes ago, aufan57 said:

hahaha I did not know trussville had a paper but thanks for the link! very interesting.

I'm glad to see that Bill Battle's cancer is in remission. I knew him as teenagers in Bham.  I had a couple of years on him but he was always a great guy and had a lot of class to him. I was hoping back then that he would come to AU to play football but he got caught up in "Bear" mania and chose bama. I personally think he probably  had enough of the midget to last him a life time because they are diametrically opposed in personality. I think he took the advisor to the president job to stay a part of the university and to get separation from saban. I just can't see the both of them working together for an extended period of time. Bill, I wish you well.

It would be hilarious to find out the Mr. Byrne is a total straight arrow and shuts down the Charger/Suit/Rims network... not holding my breath, but it would be funny to watch the bama faithful squirm.

20 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

It would be hilarious to find out the Mr. Byrne is a total straight arrow and shuts down the Charger/Suit/Rims network... not holding my breath, but it would be funny to watch the bama faithful squirm.

Right. 

About to be lapped by uat again. Byrne is young and is one hell of a fundraiser who loves new shinny buildings. AU can't even get our AD to produce a competent set of drawings for the stadium expansion, more less raise the money to do it.

Image result for funnel cakes

Just now, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Right. 

About to be lapped by uat again. Byrne is young and is one hell of a fundraiser who loves new shinny buildings. AU can't even get our AD to produce a competent set of drawings for the stadium expansion, more less raise the money to do it.

Image result for funnel cakes

more BIG TV SCREENS AND FUNNEL CAKES FOR EVERYONE!!!!!

6 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

more BIG TV SCREENS AND FUNNEL CAKES FOR EVERYONE!!!!!

I'm serious about the drawings. The company Jay paid over 200k, could not answer basic questions on the drawings in a meeting with the BOT. At a school which is known for its Architecture, Design and Construction programs. Embarrassing. After that meeting all plans for expansion and upgrades was put on indefinite hold.    

1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I'm serious about the drawings. The company Jay paid over 200k, could not answer basic questions on the drawings in a meeting with the BOT. At a school which is known for its Architecture, Design and Construction programs. Embarrassing. After that meeting all plans for expansion and upgrades was put on indefinite hold.    

O I believe you!!!! that is not suprising at all with all the stuff we have heard about jar jar.......

2 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Damn!

3 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Not a good idea to put the Architect in front of a BOT, unless the questions are delivered ahead of time.  I've led design presentations for big projects in front of University Presidents many times...we have probably a half dozen lead up meetings w/ Facilities and Asst Presidents to get our story straight and tight.  When it comes to large groups like a BOT, it's always best to have University Facilities and Planning leading that charge and greasing the wheels years in advance.  No one likes surprises. 

2 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Not a good idea to put the Architect in front of a BOT, unless the questions are delivered ahead of time.  I've led design presentations for big projects in front of University Presidents many times...we have probably a half dozen lead up meetings w/ Facilities and Asst Presidents to get our story straight and tight.  When it comes to large groups like a BOT, it's always best to have University Facilities and Planning leading that charge and greasing the wheels years in advance.  No one likes surprises. 

I don't have a clue about these type of things, but, knowing the above, do you believe this might have been a set up by the PTB to make JJ look bad?

7 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I don't have a clue about these type of things, but, knowing the above, do you believe this might have been a set up by the PTB to make JJ look bad?

Getting a large project or master plan approved is tricky and can be complex.  Not getting buy-in from the right groups can sink a project (and all the resources gone into it) very quickly.  I had that happen on a 100$ mil Student Union project early in my career, but succeeded on a second go round this last year.  Athletic Departments and Booster groups add an entire layer of complexity on top of any project as well...so many people looking out for their own interests and gains.  With the amount of money our Ath Dept. brings in, we should have guys at the top that are skilled in these kinds of negotiations and processes.

23 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Sad... What's even more sad is he has the resources at his fingertips. HOK did the Arena and Wellness Center. They are one of the most awarded architects for athletic facilities in the country. I guess he decided that they were too successful with those projects to tackle the stadium? 

20 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Sad... What's even more sad is he has the resources at his fingertips. HOK did the Arena and Wellness Center. They are one of the most awarded architects for athletic facilities in the country. I guess he decided that they were too successful with those projects to tackle the stadium? 

Gotta spread the love or else you get accused of favoritism...other firms won't waste resources submitting for your projects, and your current (HOK) can get complacent.

If I were building a sports facility 15 years ago I'd choose HOK...today they may not make my top 5. 

6 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Gotta spread the love or else you get accused of favoritism...other firms won't waste resources submitting for your projects, and your current (HOK) can get complacent.

If I were building a sports facility 15 years ago I'd choose HOK...today they may not make my top 5. 

Really? They even won an award for the Wellness Center.  Of course, I'm biased, because their sports design is based in KC and I have several friends who work there.

This guy is a good AD, we are stuck with a chump. Alabama will probably add more seats. We took up our seating space with a bigger board because, we needed it? 

Just now, lionheartkc said:

Really? They even won an award for the Wellness Center.  Of course, I'm biased, because their sports design is based in KC and I have several friends who work there.

HOK is a great and capable firm w/ great designers...I just think there are better choices.  Those uber-large firms are always hit and miss.

13 hours ago, aufan57 said:

I live in Trussville. It is reliable. Especially when it comes to something uat related, unfortunately.

12 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Miss St must hire great Ads!!! the one who replaced byrne just got hired at florida to replace foley. Pretty sad when Miss St is better at hiring ADs than you!

I could argue that our last two ADs were not hired, rather 'appointed'.  The root of the problem. 

Dang, looks like uat had a good plan in place and made a really good hire.

It seems strange sometimes as an outsider to watch other programs plan, organize, and control their operations so seamlessly.  

Archived